Konichiwa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:10 PM

Hey im playing shatter with a hpal and everytime we face anything that contains a warlock we pretty mutch just lose because the damage is so brutal and our pally cant keep us up for more then 2 minutes.

We have tried multiple things like spam sheeping the lock and cs'ing him on cd or just playing really really gay but nothing seems to work for us.
Is there anything the pally can do to make us last longer in those matchups?
or is it all up the mage/sp to controll him or whatever?

#2 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2151
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:00 PM

the main solution is standing really far away so that he can avoid getting feared in 90% of cases.

it's also a nice try to actually kill the pet so he doesn't have to fake counterspell. at the same time if he actually has problems with counterspell something is crazy wrong because you're a 100% spellcleave and if the warlock is always able to cs the healer, it means you're not being a threat to the enemy team.

i know some warlocks will keep their cs for the healer at all times for extra pressure, but in general if you lose against EVERY SINGLE WARLOCK it means you're not forcing him to use peels on you dpsers.
sometimes the solution right after polymorph is actually spamming damage more than ever.

i don't know what your rating / mmr is but in general it might easily be related to a poor technical set up he might have. warlocks switch a lot and if he doesn't have proper keybinds, or even doesn't have targeting macros for you and your team mate, he's going to fall behind, it's pretty much a fact.

another good idea against warlock teams can be using double beacon and selfless healer, so that he can do ridiculous heals on both of you. keep in mind double beacon makes him lose saved by the light so you should use your ice block and disperse a bit earlier.

the judgement spec is only advised vs teams that won't cc him for more than 6-7 seconds in a row (it's highly unadviced against mages, because a full set of polymorphs and any other random CC will let his stacks drop, and at that point you would have been better off having a sacred shield)

it's also of key importance to communicate on his cooldowns (wings) in order for you and your mate to spam polymorphs , or use defensive fears, or offheals from the spriest, in case your healer is unable to keep you up. at the same time remember that playing gay for too long basically lets you fall behind, because in order to be successful as godcomp you should try to let the enemy team force 1 CD every 30/40 secs (hoj - deep poly - psychic horror should be used on cd, unless you REAAALLY can't go for the push in that specific moment).

hoj should almost never be wasted and he should save it for chaining it right after the psychic horror for you guys to have every 30 secs a 8 sec stun lock on your target. i know these tactics aren't exactly specifically lock-based but you should look at mastering such concepts before finding a SPECIFIC anti-warlock gameplay.

however let's not forget warlocks are very OP right now so don't be excessively surprised if you have a harder time against them. remember that letting a warlock do whatever he wants during demon soul can be too reckless. you can only do it if the paladin plans on bubbling and cleansing all dots, or if he has aura mastery ready / happens to be using it in that moment. else, cc the shit out of the warlock and either push back, or push harder with the horror-hoj and deep-poly on healer.

i hope i could help a little bit. best of luck

Edited by Odrareg, 23 August 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#3 Odrareg

Odrareg
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 1/0/2/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1960
  • 3v3: 2151
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

unless you're facing rogue-warlock or warrior-warlock, make sure not to use clemency. you only really need two bops vs melee teams. double sacrifice against warlock can break a fear but it's not a great deal imho.
unbreakable spirit is basically a great deal vs caster teams because of the shorter bubble which he can almost use as a trinket. remember that overlapping bubble and wings is also heavily discouraged.

if he wants he can also use hand of purity instead, which totally destroys warlock's damage. however i personally find that spell very incosistent for some reason, but i think it's down to personal preference.

Edited by Odrareg, 23 August 2015 - 08:09 PM.

#4 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

Hey im playing shatter with a hpal and everytime we face anything that contains a warlock we pretty mutch just lose because the damage is so brutal and our pally cant keep us up for more then 2 minutes.

We have tried multiple things like spam sheeping the lock and cs'ing him on cd or just playing really really gay but nothing seems to work for us.
or is it all up the mage/sp to controll him or whatever?

its hard to explain by text but maybe watch some of the recent tournies, but still try to play a team game and win faster, yes your a hpala and no u wont last long so just try and kill smthn quickly before its too late. alot of the top hpalas have very different playstyles vs warlocks so listening to odrareg then listening to me then listenin to talby/pojke/etc will just confuse you
www.twitch.tv/gladiatorsupatease flick through these and ul find alot of the hpala vs lock teams, more so in the first+2nd qualifier not the most recent one.

#5 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...tease/v/9450528 01:11:00 (lsd3 vs shatter) 03:04:10 (MLS vs shatter)
http://www.twitch.tv...ease/v/11263002 00:34:10(WLS vs shatter) 04:50:30 (FLS+double lock vs shatter)
here are the vods of all hpala games vs warlocks, some good hpalas some bad/some wins some loses, maybe watchin these and seeing what other hpalas do diff compared to u it might help and even look for mistakes when the hpala team loses, just shit like this helped me learn a bit when i was low rated maybe itl help you.

#6 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:09 PM

- Hand of purity.
- Selfless healer. (Clunky to use at start, funny when you play a lot with.)
- Double beacon.

And you can heal warlocks all day.
Posted Image

#7 Bestpriestjkk

Bestpriestjkk
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1772
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

I think Jimjims option is a good solution since you dont really have to cast against locks playing that spec, which fucks up a lot of lower rated paladins that doesnt really know when or how to fake, not to mention getting locked on a cast during demon soul can fuck you over big time. I havent really tested the spec myself since i dont really play a lot anymore, but ive seen some guys do it on stream and it seems to work out fine, but you gotta watchout for swaps on your paladin since he dies a lot faster with the spec.

Watching the games from the qualifier is a good thing to do as Xonika said, will give you a big understanding on what cds to use against the different comps and so forth :)

Edited by Bestpriestjkk, 23 August 2015 - 09:26 PM.

LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<