Interview - Hafu of Orz - Winner of MLG Orlando

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Rapture

Rapture
  • Administrators
  • Curse Premium

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:40 AM

We are excited to bring to you an exclusive interview with  the famous Druid, Hafu.

Alphatier, a long time mod here, had the opportunity to interview Hafu, the Druid of Orz. Hafu, along with Glick and Rhaegyn made a big splash earlier this month at MLG Orlando when they went undefeated to win the tournament from the 18th seed.

We want to thank Alphatier for bringing us this interview. Also, many thanks to Hafu for taking the time to bring us her perspective on professional WoW PVP. We hope to bring you many more interviews in the future. Enjoy.

AJ: First, please introduce yourself quickly
Hafu: Hey, I'm Hafu. My real name is Rumay, although most people call me Maymay (like the month, twice). I'm 17 years young, and am going into my senior year of high school.

AJ: Where does the team name Orz originate from?
Hafu: Orz is a picture of a man bending over. The 'O' is his head, the 'r' is his arm, and the 'z' is his leg and butt. A chinese gold farmer explained it to me when I was leveling my first WoW character (Vendetta, a gnome mage on Kalecgos).

AJ: Have you already been approached by any sponsor(s) after your recent win at MLG?
Hafu: Vinny, our old manager, assured us with cockiness that no other sponsor would take us. However, four different sponsors have contacted us since MLG Orlando, most with better offers than the one we received from MoB. We'll be signing with one of them shortly, but I'm not at liberty to say any more than that.

AJ: How do you think WLD will do at future tournaments? Are there any compositions you find near impossible to beat?
Hafu: I think WLD is the composition to beat right now. It's rounded nature allows us to stand a chance versus just about any setup. Shadow Play (Shadow Priest/ UA Warlock / Resto Shaman) should still be able to beat us most of the time.

AJ: You played the last tournament before the fel armor change, how do you think it will affect your future performance?
Hafu: It will certainly help us against cleave teams whose strategy revolves solely around zerging down the warlock. Priest/Mage/Rogue will also be much easier to heal through, as they mainly just stick on the warlock while spamming dispel.

AJ: Does anyone of you play another class at a very high level, or do you feel that trying to counter-comp isn't any good in the end?
Hafu: Our warlock, Glick, can play a Retribution Paladin very well, giving us the composition Ret Pally/Warrior/Druid to counter cleave teams. We ran this setup versus SK-Gaming at MLG and won 3-0. We're not sure if we're going to utilize this setup any longer though, as I feel that our WLD setup will be able to stand a chance against cleave teams.

AJ: Did you play better because the Godfather wasn't standing behind you shouting?
Hafu: Hahaha. Vinny, or "The Godfather" wasn't standing behind us shouting at San Diego. He's "unable" to attend all MLGs.

AJ: You said you hadn't played together between the MLGs, what do you think made the difference this time around?
Hafu: After arriving in Orlando sponsor-less with less practice than ever, and then taking a look at our awful seed, I really thought that we had close to no chance of winning. Because of this pessimistic mindset, I played calmly, and played well throughout the tournament because of it.

AJ: Does anyone of you have a WotLK beta key?
Hafu: No! What's up with that :(

AJ: What do you think about the changes, do you have any personal highlights?
Hafu: I haven't taken a good look to be honest, but I have glanced. Feral charge is now a 21 point talent, which means you reallly have to make a choice between the good resto talents and having that survivability from the feral tree.

AJ: What are your opinions on the new proposed Wrath of the Lich King arenas?
Hafu: Again, I haven't taken too much time to look at WotLK, but from what I've heard, I don't think dynamic line of sight objects will be a good thing.

AJ: Did you already spend any of your prize money, and on what if you did?
Hafu: We haven't even gotten our prize money yet, but I have bought myself a Nintendo DS Lite!

AJ: How much time do you devote to WoW per week?
Hafu: Now that the Tournament Realms are done, probably about 10-15 hours a week. I don't raid or battleground, I just log on to arena =)

AJ: How have you found the competition on your new Battlegroup thus far, compared to BG9?
Hafu: Well we haven't played some of the best that Ruin has to offer yet, like Veex's team, Innate and Rhoz, Noxn, etc. We'll have to see!

AJ: Do you hope for a permanent tournament server in the future, or do you prefer the community of a realm pool?
Hafu: Eh, the last tournament was run poorly. However, it would probably still be more fun than live servers, where gearing up is a butt to do.

AJ: Any shout-outs?
Hafu: My teammates Glick and Rhaegyn, <Orz> on Tichondrius, Thinktanklol of Mannoroth, Hellacopter of Bleeding Hollow and Influenza the best Moonkin in the world

AJ: Thank you for your time!

#2 Faile

Faile
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Steppes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

Nice team name.

Hydra said:

i say bring it on blizzard, is that all you've got

#3 Porkmuffin

Porkmuffin

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:00 AM

Hafu hates me and wont join my guild = <

#4 Horrible

Horrible
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Uther
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:00 AM

ym

#5 Various

Various
  • Junkies

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:36 AM

Hafu is carried by Rhaegyn.

#6 thinktank

thinktank
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arcane

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:44 AM

cheers to hafu!

#7 Cantis

Cantis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:09 AM

Various said:

Hafu is carried by Rhaegyn.

Hafu used Kasumi before him and still reached number 1...   >.<

#8 Guntt

Guntt
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:12 AM

AJ: Any shout-outs?
Hafu: My teammates Glick and Rhaegyn, <Orz> on Tichondrius, Thinktanklol of Mannoroth, Hellacopter of Bleeding Hollow and Influenza the best Moonkin in the world

definitely worth a second look

#9 Disparity

Disparity
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

Cantis said:

pwnt

#10 Cahzriel

Cahzriel
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Frostwolf
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 192

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:39 AM

wait they xferred to ruin? wow am i behind...

#11 Teney

Teney
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

only hafu and glick transfered to mannoroth
Glick opens with deathcoil.

#12 Greentea

Greentea
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:01 PM

Cantis said:

And before that she was some random person in my old alliance bleeding hollow guild, i think it was fignuts. Then arena came out and phleh. My old priest Attractive tried to keep up and do well but it was sad without dispell-resistant pain suppression.

Btw has anyone ever heard kasumi talk in vent? In the year / half I played on BH and raided / pvped with him, he never said anything. At least not to me or the raid.

And look how I turned out. Nowhere near as good in arena.

But it's cool that someone can 'make it' if they do well.

Grats on the success, keep it up.

#13 Axx

Axx
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Azgalor
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

AJ: Where does the team name Orz originate from?
Hafu: Orz is a picture of a man bending over. The 'O' is his head, the 'r' is his arm, and the 'z' is his leg and butt. A chinese gold farmer explained it to me when I was leveling my first WoW character (Vendetta, a gnome mage on Kalecgos).

I totally see it now. orz

This the best damn country in the world. Ain't nothin like it! We got freedom, and independence, and oil, and change. Hell, you can get an oil change for $20. What kind of deal is that? That's a hell of a deal!"

- boogie2988

#14 Hafu

Hafu
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

Greentea said:

And before that she was some random person in my old alliance bleeding hollow guild, i think it was fignuts. Then arena came out and phleh. My old priest Attractive tried to keep up and do well but it was sad without dispell-resistant pain suppression.

Btw has anyone ever heard kasumi talk in vent? In the year / half I played on BH and raided / pvped with him, he never said anything. At least not to me or the raid.

I've heard Kasumi talk in vent ;P It took me a few months to get him to use his mic, but he did it ^_^

#15 Disparity

Disparity
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Hydraxis
  • Emberstorm

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:13 PM

Orz

^ lol...

#16 blackfoot

blackfoot
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

Grats on your win Hafu!
It is hard to stay mad when there is so much beauty in the world.
Posted Image

#17 Rhoz

Rhoz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:02 AM

mmmm we played your threes. WHY U LYING HAFU. WHY. U. LYING.

i guess this interview could have been before then.

STILL.

ps. is rhaegyn comin over or wut.

#18 Cantis

Cantis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:15 AM

Greentea said:

Lol I heard him one time and Hafu >.< I was over my irl friends house (Tiffane/Aarrgh/Leperacy on BH) and it was beginning of s3 i think and he was doing 3s with them...

#19 Greentea

Greentea
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Earthen Ring
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arms

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:43 AM

Hafu said:

I've heard Kasumi talk in vent ;P It took me a few months to get him to use his mic, but he did it ^_^

Let me know if you see my old ugly female dwarf priest running around under a new name... I'm pretty sure no one else ever rolled a female priest with that face. I miss that priest, and pvp servers for that matter. Oh well!

#20 Cantis

Cantis
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Lightning's Blade
  • Vindication

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

rofl wow i actually remember attractive....I was in Blades of Penance on my rogue for awhile until I transferred over to Cho'gall but I remember someone saying that they hatd clicking on your naem and healing you because you were like the ugliest dwarf ever lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<