• Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Vek'nilash
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1628
  • 3v3: 1771
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:19 PM

I'm up to 1750 in 3s, and I feel like at my current win rate and steady improvement I can probably get to 2k in the next few weeks. My DPS is solid, my healing is solid, my hex'ing is making some big improvements lately as well. I'm also pretty good at prioritizing shearing CC instead of heals (unless we're about to land a kill, of course). My CD management is doing ok as well, as far as sham rage, ascendance, ancestral guidance and freedom/spirit walk are concerned.

The part I feel like I'm handling the worst is countering CC though. I'm basically shearing polys/cyclones as soon as it pops up, and I know that, while it's relatively effective at these ratings, as opposed to not stopping much CC at all, that it's not going to get me very far past 2k if I'm doing it without much rhyme or reason. For example, against Frozen Chicken or RMD, I find myself shearing polys when the mage doesn't have/hasn't used a deep yet. Is that an OK thing to do only when grounding is up for the next one? Or should I break the habit completely?

On that note: I suck at landing grounding totems. I keep catching myself spending a global after the poly cast starts and then I don't get the grounding totem up in time.

I also have issues sometimes with dropping tremor totems. I think this can only be corrected by working on that internal timer in my head recognizing when 30 seconds has passed? It can be really frustrating when we're putting strong pressure on someone as turbo and I don't time the grounding correct and a priest drops a nasty fear on me and my partner both. Especially against god comp, I hate to think of using a trinket offensively, cause it seems to so rarely land a kill even when you do it. Or even worse when I'm too far from my healer and a priest or warlock fear my heals and they get feared out of tremor range.

I don't know, I just want to get better. I've watched a few videos but it's hard to follow along with what the enhance shamans are casting to see where I could be doing things better. Appreciate the help!

#2 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:28 AM

tldr

but dont stop sheeps that isnt on your healer and or your healer is in los or mega dr'd

main thing

#3 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 18 August 2015 - 12:31 AM