• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

hey guys im trying to learn how to play my mage and also how to play godcomp
i saw alot of godcomps going for a horrify on the kill target while at the same time going for deep sheep on the healer and then following up the horrify with a HoJ, it kinda works for us sometimes but sometimes its hard to get the sheep because the 3rd guy is still free to stop me.

So we tried to change it a little bit by spreading the horrify and the HoJ,
So we basicly horrify the 3rd guy, hoj the kill target and deep the healer at the same time and then sheeping healer, right now at lower rating it feels alot better to us but im just wondering what the more experienced godcomp players think of this tactic and if its actually viable doing this at higher ratings also

#2 Bronjaheim

Bronjaheim
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2001
  • 3v3: 1725
  • RBG: 1627

Posted 17 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

U should be able to get the deep sheep without the 3rd guy stopping u by using BS to get into a safe poly position. That way you can horrify + hoj kill target

#3 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1564
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

All comp dependant. If the 3rd player is a caster, tell your priest to silence him when going for deep/polys, you don't want silence on the enemy healer anyways because it DRs frostjaw (exception are druids), and you only want it on the kill target if it's a shaman or ret.

If it's not a caster, try polying him first, then deep the healer before he can dispel, and switch the poly around.

Or in some cases you can just blink/sprint out of range/los of the 3rd member to be guaranteed the poly, like the post above me said
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#4 Rexorz

Rexorz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:26 PM

U should be able to get the deep sheep without the 3rd guy stopping u by using BS to get into a safe poly position. That way you can horrify + hoj kill target

What's "BS"?

#5 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:29 PM

What's "BS"?

Blazing Speed
Posted Image

#6 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2101
  • 5v5: 1777
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationAshburn, VA

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

What's "BS"?

Pretty much all of WoD mage mechanics (no fun to play and less fun to play against).

#7 Konichiwa

Konichiwa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the quick replies guys, just wondering if it is really neccecary to save horrify to combo it with the HoJ tho?
because if we actually setup the cross cc nicely it seems we can easily just kill in the HoJ alone if they dont have trinkets left, maybe its a rating thing i dunno but why do u guys think its so important to always horrify with the hoj?

#8 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Thanks for the quick replies guys, just wondering if it is really neccecary to save horrify to combo it with the HoJ tho?
because if we actually setup the cross cc nicely it seems we can easily just kill in the HoJ alone if they dont have trinkets left, maybe its a rating thing i dunno but why do u guys think its so important to always horrify with the hoj?

Question is: Why would you NOT use it for that? Hoj is 30 secs, deep is 30 secs, glyphed horror 35, and it takes roughly 30-35 secs to build 5 orbs... that's what makes the comp so overpowered
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#9 Konichiwa

Konichiwa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:14 PM

I understand its the same cd as hoj and deep
we are still using it at the same time as hoj and deep but just on a different target to setup cross cc and my question was why we HAVE to use it on the kill target when most of the time a hoj is enough for us to kill

#10 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

I understand its the same cd as hoj and deep
we are still using it at the same time as hoj and deep but just on a different target to setup cross cc and my question was why we HAVE to use it on the kill target when most of the time a hoj is enough for us to kill

First of all, people can use def CDs during hoj, they can't during horror. Also mostly people won't die in a single hoj on higher ratings
Who the fuck is Enrico?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<