I've been playing resto for a little over a year now and didn't have many issues last season but for some reason I'm getting reckt this one. I just wanted to get some insight to general playstyle of druid and how you go about avoiding CC.
A few questions:
- Should you ever play pushed in? How far back should I be standing from my team in 2s/3s? Sometimes I'm forced to push in which puts me in a shitty position and sets me up to be CC'd for days. Is this on my team or should I be able to play pushed in and simultaneously avoid the CC onslaught? I know that's very context dependent however what is your general rule of thumb?
- Do you save your globals as you see mages approaching for CC? I find often I can pre-shift deep but I'll get caught mid global throwing some HoT and get poly'd. I do use shadowmeld when I'm in those situations, but after that should I just be the pillarhump hero?
- When do you throw out CC in 3s? Do you first ensure your team is fully hotted and full health + interrupts are on CD or do you just go for it? Most times I find there's never a perfect opportunity where my team is fine and all interrupts are on CD and ultimately I'm just gambling by attempting to clone.
- When do you throw out bash in 3s?
- How frequently do you use genesis? I feel like I use it far too much, especially when my team is getting pressured and I can't risk getting interrupted on cast. How do keep everyone alive without having to spam this? (beside just swiftmend NS regrowth + ironbark + mushroom) Are you constantly repositioning your mushroom?
- Are you primarily CCing DPS in 3s?
- How do you go about avoiding deep sheeps? I can try my damndest to pillarhump and pop out only a microsecond to throw out a HoT but I'll still get caught in deep. When you're fighting mages is keeping LoS from them your major priority?
- Is force of nature the superior tier 60 talent now? Against what comps is it preferable?
- What is your take on the druid playstyle? Should I just be running the entire time from any and all people attempting to CC me? That might be a stupid question but I might have this all wrong and am playing far too aggressive, putting myself at risk for CC and swaps.