Rogue hotkeys

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kiewi

Kiewi
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hi there,

I play a combat rogue for fun in BGs and Ashran but I want to start playing arena.
The first thing that I ask myself is how can I change my keybinds focusing on more than
one enemy effectively. (my goal is 3vs3 Arena).

Do i Marco everything with a Shift focus modifier and change my focustarget during
battle or are there better ways to do that?
Or do i use "/target enemyplayer" to always automaticaly target the nearest enemy around? (seems too inaccurate)

Can i macro several spells together to save space for new important arena macros?

Can you give me some advice or links to existing keybinding layouts or describe how you
managed your keybindings?

Thanks in advance

#2 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

/cast [target=arena1] 'spell here'.

I personally bind HoJ, rebuke, repent, target and focus on 3 binds (for Arena1/2/3) with modifiers to distinguish what I actually want to do. I have 3x 250 character macros that handle everything. I'm at work otherwise i'd post it.

For example, if I just press my 1/2/3 binds it sets focus. If I press it with shift, it targets. If I press it with ctrl, it rebukes. With alt, it HoJ's. I use double modifiers for spells that aren't used too often like Repent.

You can find all the syntax and examples you'll need here

http://www.arenajunkies.com/macros/

Edited by Avengelyne, 13 August 2015 - 03:18 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#3 Rexorz

Rexorz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:56 PM

/cast [target=arena1] 'spell here'.

So does arena1=1st player, starting at the top, on the in game gladius frames, arena2 is 2nd, and etc?

#4 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Yes

2 words
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#5 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:24 PM

a small tip that i used myself back when i first got /target 1-3 etc, do one thing at a time. Like just get target 1-3, get used to that, then get focus 1-3, get used to that, then get CC 1-3 etc etc. Will be alot easier to get used to instead of getting confused by having too many new buttons to press. I'd say go for /target 1-3 first since these are essential and you can almost cc somebody as quick with just /target as with the specific spell 1-3

Posted Image

#6 Kiewi

Kiewi
  • Members

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:24 PM

thank you for the answers and tips. I'm interested in those 3 250 character macros. Would you mind posting them?
I think i'm gonna remap everything and practise again until i'm comfortable ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rogue, hotkeys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users