pvp feral 3v3

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Halden

Halden
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

The title says it!
I'm starting a rating-push 3s with my buddies' Aff lock and Hpal and wanted to get some input for strats for our comp. I'm posting in the druid forums because I'd like some feedback centered around what I can do, as a feral druid, to best benefit our team.
After taking-into practice all the advice I get here, I plan to record/stream and post our experiences in the vid forum for further critiqueing on our play as a team rather than just me.

Quick Background on Me:

I've played since vanilla, mostly BC and beyond. Most of my pvp has been casual RBG and arena pushes to 2.2k or less on either UH DK or Enh Shammy. This is my first season for both A) maining a druid and B ) planning to make a serious push into the 2.5k + realm in 3s (I'd like RBGs too but nobody will take kitties to those). With that said, I'm neither a stranger to the other classes nor an expert on them.

My Teammates:

My lock friend has typically played disc but swapped to affliction lock and has taken a strong fondness to the playstyle. She is quite proficient at the class/spec but hasn't yet mastered it, much like myself playing feral.

My Hpally friend has mained hpally in WotLK and Cata in both PvP and raiding and is highly skilled and comfortable with the play style.

The three of us have played together since Wrath in raids and PvP alike (2s, 3s and RBGs) and already have a baseline synergy to our playstyle.

This Season:

So far, I've put into practice not going full-tilt in the opener (with some exceptions that require a fast, hard kill) and rather saving the "one-shot" macro for when my lock has full dots up and is ready to drop SB-Haunt on our kill target; we line-up the kitty CDs with SB-Haunt, Dark Soul, and Drain Soul. We've discovered a great deal of flexibility exists with "split dps'ing" due to the strength of lock dots and have, on occasions where the opposing healer is quite strong/good, compound dots with spread bleeds. Our ventures haven't taken us past the 1.2k mark due to inconsistant healer presence and a very casual attitude as we wait for our Hpal to get to 100.

Anything else you'd like to know to help you, help me, just ask!

**EDIT** My toon is Halden - Firetree (US). Proxy settings here at work won't allow me to link my bnet account right now, I'll do that once I get home.

Edited by Halden, 12 August 2015 - 02:11 PM.

#2 Xyhn

Xyhn
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

"Our ventures haven't taken us past the 1.2k mark due to inconsistant healer presence and a very casual attitude as we wait for our Hpal to get to 100."

With that do you mean that you're yet to break 1200 mmr? if so, it sounds to me like basic positioning/cooldown management issues mostly, I don't have very much to add other than that as there isn't much I feel I can tell you.

Here is a famous feral druid stream, he mostly plays Feral Lock Rshaman lately. I'd suggest you check out his stream and maybe, regardless if its 1200 mmr or 2200 mmr, you will learn a thing or two both about the class but about the strategies.

http://www.twitch.tv/beanslayerx

Best of luck!
"\_( シ)_/"

#3 Halden

Halden
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Thank you very much, I'll definately look into that stream.

To clarify the 1.2k stall-out, our interim healer doesn't have any gears between free-cast/e-z mode and "OH GOD THE END IS NIGH." This has resulted in me sitting on melee (especially against 2 melee comps) to maintain my snare as a peel and subsequently eating more cleave than necessary.

#4 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

You should try and think about what you need to do better, instead of leading yourself to believe its your paladins fault.

Sure he might be part of the problem, but at 1200 mmr he most likely isnt the only reason you are losing.

Take the rating out of your head and play to improve, when you improve, you'll go up naturally.
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#5 Halden

Halden
  • Members

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:58 PM

The pally is the healer we're waiting for, not our current healer. When the pally healer gets in, I expect there to be less "save the healer!" involved. To which, I find that I don't cast clone nearly enough in order to eat-up some kicks :P I've also pondered the idea of sacrificing Typhoon for vortex to help my healers escape tough melee, any ideas there?

I do hear you on the humility piece and, to be honest, I'm not worried about my rating yet (still have to gear the holy pally when he hits 100). You're also correct saying that I shouldn't blame just the healer, she is trying.

Perhaps you could provide some examples of things you noticed you were doing that, once addressed, helped you improve your play?

Could you highlight some common mistakes a new feral druid typically makes that I may be doing but am unaware of?

#6 Sania

Sania
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Protection 1/1/././././.
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:04 PM

Just throwing this out there: If you're only 1200 and expect to reach 2.5k by the end of season, you're gonna have to play... And you're gonna have to play ALOT. So much that at that point you dont really need to ask any questions, best way to learn arenas is to play them.

But some typical mistakes that you were looking for off the top of my head; Make sure you have 50+ energy before you bite for more damage. Dont pop incarn/berserk when you're starved on energy. Dont tunnelvision. Always train the blue. Dont spend all your time fakecasting a clone - you getting locked out is better than your healer or lock. If you're out of form for some reason, might aswell press mark of the wild against heavy purge teams. a succesful skull bash resets the CD of Tiger's fury if you have 2set. Stack versatility. Remeber to keep faerie fire up on stealth targets. Using soothe might actually be a worth it sometimes. Evalutate wether or not to root or healing touch with your instant cast, sooner or later it'll come naturally what to do. Focus maim/focus rake during incarn is a big benefit. 3x stun with rake during incarn can mean that you one shot things such as a resto shaman. Savage roar above everything else. Manage dash and stampeding roar. Manage your wall effectively, without those you die. Might be alot more, but i cant think of them right now.

Edited by Sania, 12 August 2015 - 06:11 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Qhrillex

Qhrillex
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2263
  • RBG: 1581

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:13 PM

If you know how to deal damage im quite positive you´d reach above 2300 with Darksoul + Incarn/Berserk insta pop and rake stun their entire team and having rip up on atleast 2 targets.

#8 Hydroxide

Hydroxide
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aszune
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:37 PM

Get some proper cc chains going, your paladin is going to have to know how to line/fake and generally know how to play. Learn how to pressure with DS and get some solid strats rolling. Overall, your going to need alot of games to properly learn so just keep playing.

Edited by Hydroxide, 12 August 2015 - 06:38 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, feral, 3v3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<