• 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

r
o
f
l

This is why AJ sucks nowadays.

Just MoP heroes that don't understand how the game works shooting down good ideas/suggestions that they can't comprehend while at the same time trying to further homogenize and simplify the game themselves.

Edited by Naraga, 12 August 2015 - 01:03 PM.

S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#22 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

This is why AJ sucks nowadays.

Just MoP heroes that don't understand how the game works shooting down good ideas/suggestions that they can't comprehend while at the same time trying to further homogenize and simplify the game themselves.

>mop heroes
>your 2.4 as a fucking DISC PRIEST in wod

you don't understand the meta at all, removing magic dispel would just make warlocks and mages stronger

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#23 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

Blizzard has always stated that totems will play a big roll with the shaman class. If this is the case, then why make the totems so easily destroyed. It angers me that a warlock can kill totems with a white swing from a dagger. If you want totems to play such a large roll in our class then please make our enemies have to work to dispatch them. I would love to see blizzard put some survivability into our totems next expac. What do you all think?

I think we are all jumping to conclusions again.

#24 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

>mop heroes

you don't understand the meta at all, removing magic dispel would just make warlocks and mages stronger

Luckily you are well informed about the meta of the next expansion.

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

#25 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

>mop heroes

I think you shouldn't try to argue by insulting your opponent...

Also, it seems short sighted, to be against changes because of short term balance concerns. There are a lot of other ways to achieve balance that will leave us with a more interesting and fun game.

#26 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:32 AM

Also, it seems short sighted, to be against changes because of short term balance concerns. There are a lot of other ways to achieve balance that will leave us with a more interesting and fun game.

I genuinely believe that the game won't ever be good again. Or balanced, which seems to be the word of choice for the short-sighted around here. Two basics are broken beyond repair - class design and social interaction within the game.

Argueing about minor things like "totems being killed too easily" or "why isn't there a cd on polymorph" won't make the game better. Making a soup out of shit won't taste good, no matter how hard you stir the pot, AJ.
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#27 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:39 AM

I think you shouldn't try to argue by insulting your opponent...

and making half the healers unable to dispel what is essentially rmp cc (which, from this priest's previous posts, is the only comp he wants to be viable) would not help the game at all.

#28 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:44 AM

and making half the healers unable to dispel what is essentially rmp cc (which, from this priest's previous posts, is the only comp he wants to be viable) would not help the game at all.

Shamans and druids were fine and often overpowered without magic dispel?

Edited by Abidalzim, 13 August 2015 - 02:44 AM.

Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#29 Nadagast

Nadagast
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2779

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:23 AM

You're not offering any substance to your argument other than you simply asserting you're right. Past expansions have shown that the game can be fun (dramatically more fun than now) and decently balanced without dispel on all healers.

If someone wants something implemented (to improve fun) that nerfs you, try not to take it personally. I think most people are a bit biased towards their own class, but probably everyone on here wants a generally reasonably balanced game.

#30 supe

supe
  • Members

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

We seem to have gotten off topic, and a little hostile. Lol. The mission here is to maybe build some decent ideas of what we would like to see with the shaman totem system. My original post is just taking a stab at the fact that while out totems are affective, they are easily taken out of the project with little to no effort. Not saying the totems in not good, but in my eyes just to easily killed, or avoided.

#31 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1564
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:35 AM

It's funny that people bitch about removing dispel from monk/druid/shaman like that would DESTROY their class. You know, there were 2 expansions full of arena seasons where you had no dispel and you were viable nonetheless. And yo, mages had deep poly back then too. Even blanket/poly. Or if they were fast nova/poly.

(Yes, druids could shift out of polys, but this is a shaman thread overall, and shamans were viable too. More than viable with comps like MLS etc.
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#32 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

You're not offering any substance to your argument other than you simply asserting you're right. Past expansions have shown that the game can be fun (dramatically more fun than now) and decently balanced without dispel on all healers.

If someone wants something implemented (to improve fun) that nerfs you, try not to take it personally. I think most people are a bit biased towards their own class, but probably everyone on here wants a generally reasonably balanced game.

No, sadly that's not what most people on this site want anymore. They want the fastest and easiest way to glad and they want their class to not lose spell x because class y has that spell too.

Which is... one of the reasons why the game became as shit as it is right now at first.

Edit: Sorry for the double post
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#33 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 13 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

It's funny that people bitch about removing dispel from monk/druid/shaman like that would DESTROY their class. You know, there were 2 expansions full of arena seasons where you had no dispel and you were viable nonetheless. And yo, mages had deep poly back then too. Even blanket/poly. Or if they were fast nova/poly.

(Yes, druids could shift out of polys, but this is a shaman thread overall, and shamans were viable too. More than viable with comps like MLS etc.

During the 2 expac, mages didn't have a crazy mobility, a huge tankiness, a enormous instant burst, while being able to blink for no reasons and water elemental was a burst cd or was used to cast deep freeze on the healer, and a extremly visible Blizzard favoritism for them.
Of course not having a magic dispel is this case wasn't so bad because your actions against (Kick them, training them : phd used to be a nightmare for mage, same against any prot warrior teams) them was effective compared to know.

If they change classes to be like that, yes, you can remove magic dispel, it would be fair. If you change everything but keep mages as they are now, of course...

What grounding bug do you talk about?
Posted Image

#34 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:33 AM

There is no grounding bug its just annoying to ground cc now it only eats 1 spell, cause people just use magical spells to destroy it, e.g. MLS, u go to ground poly and he's already casting his pve rotation and eaten that ground.

working as intended

plus I like this cause you cant ground and cast as resto anymore cause u can purge and insta shear, where as before it used to eat both xD

#35 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

There is no grounding bug its just annoying to ground cc now it only eats 1 spell, cause people just use magical spells to destroy it, e.g. MLS, u go to ground poly and he's already casting his pve rotation and eaten that ground.

working as intended

plus I like this cause you cant ground and cast as resto anymore cause u can purge and insta shear, where as before it used to eat both xD

If you have an addon to see exactly what you grounded you can see it doesn't work even if you press it before an instant spell 9/10 times

#36 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:41 AM

Exactly. But MoP hero Jaimex doesn't know about that. All he knows is MoP. In his extremely limited frame of knowledge his only reaction to the thought of not having magic dispel is "rofl". He can't even explain why its "rofl" because he lacks the basic understanding needed to discuss this. The only valid argument against the old dispel system is the one JimJim often brings up, that it is rng based. I would love to see a priority system to debuffs so its no longer RNG. That most debuffs have lower priority than CC/roots but that there are a few (stackable) ones like for example winterschill that have higher priority and thus can cover it.

During the 2 expac, mages didn't have a crazy mobility, a huge tankiness, a enormous instant burst, while being able to blink for no reasons and water elemental was a burst cd or was used to cast deep freeze on the healer, and a extremly visible Blizzard favoritism for them.
Of course not having a magic dispel is this case wasn't so bad because your actions against (Kick them, training them : phd used to be a nightmare for mage, same against any prot warrior teams) them was effective compared to know.

If they change classes to be like that, yes, you can remove magic dispel, it would be fair. If you change everything but keep mages as they are now, of course...

Don't forget we are talking about the next expansion. They can do anything. Except for Jaimex who already has gladiator level of understanding of the Legion meta we don't know yet what is going to happen. They talked about dehomogenization. This is literally the first thing I think about when I hear that term.

Thunka 2.0

#37 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

If you have an addon to see exactly what you grounded you can see it doesn't work even if you press it before an instant spell 9/10 times

I can imagine this is true

#38 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:38 PM

I like the part were you constantly respond to me with insults but ignore Nadagast's posts cause hes more relevant than you will ever be and you can't dismiss him with a simple "lol, autist noob".

p.s you are easily the dumbest poster I've seen on here since Thunka and that says a lot. But hey you are both ele shamans so maybe theres a strong correlation there.

Honestly the only reason im not talking to nadagast is because i cba getting banned, mods here are touchy, hes completely wrong just like you are

#39 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

Honestly the only reason im not talking to nadagast is because i cba getting banned, mods here are touchy, hes completely wrong just like you are

Mods aren't that touchy if I'm still not perma'd, let alone have no infractions, then you must really be fucking up.

On topic though. People saying that if they took away cleanse on certain classes would destroy their class are honestly annoying. These are the same people who complain that classes are too much alike. You realize that if they were to remove cleanse it's not like they would just take away cleanse from your class, tweak nothing else, and call it a day. They could be able to balance you out around NOT having cleanse and make you unique again. You know, like you have been crying about for the past couple years.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#40 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:02 PM

Yes, indeed, should've made that clear too, mages obviously need changes before the "old" dispel system could go live again, that is without a doubt.

@Jaime: Do you actually think the change would make locks that much stronger though? Don't get me wrong, locks are borderline retarded as they are, pressure-wise, but seeing as shamans are the only healer that can allow to constantly dispel lock dots right now, and they'd be only one of 3 healers having their dispels removed, I'm not sure if they'd skyrocket through the roof just as much as you made it sound? It's not like RShamys are the reason why the ladder isn't infected by Rotcomps, is it?

Might be wrong though :/
Who the fuck is Enrico?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shaman, totems, elemental, Enhancement, resto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users