• Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1564
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

That's not what i'm talking about at all, in this case you are taking damage from one ability and putting it on another so the original ability can be used for something else, in this case, chi torpedo which is supposed to be a mobility spell but instead windwalker has to use it in their damage rotation.

Moving damage from Chi Torpedo to say Rising Sun Kick isn't going to make people used Chi Torpedo or Roll less they will instead use it for what it is supposed to do (mobility)

I know what you mean, seems we had a misunderstanding there, I also think it is absolutely correct to take damage away from chi torpedo so windwalkers can use it for its original purpose again.

I just don't think simply taking its damage component and adding it to another spell is the right solution because see my last posts. IF AT ALL you wanna fix it by relocating damage, then take the dmg component of it and spread it among all abilities used for your dps rotation, instead of buffing up one ability to 150% of its damage.

Hope it's more clear now what my intention was, sorry if I expressed it weird before
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#22 Paraplu

Paraplu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2633
  • 3v3: 2889
  • 5v5: 2356
  • RBG: 1935

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

really nice post, i would make one long time ago but my english is to bad to do so so thanks <3! hope some bells are gonna ring

#23 Fennixqt

Fennixqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1199
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1335

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:09 PM

Great post and I love the effort you put into it. However I think its all wrong. How can you discuss and want changes
for your class when you have no idea how the overall design of other classes and game meta will be? It makes no
sense to go into it now.

Maybe to explain myself a bit more, imagine if we all lost mobility or if the general design of mobility was refined, then
your suggestions on mobility make no sense what so ever, same for damage or defensive cds. Better put your effort in
adressing general issues which involve everyone rather then just one class.

#24 xGladius

xGladius
  • Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:27 PM

Thread feels alil early, wait for beta at least imo we don't even know what skills classes will lose/gain in the upcoming expansion

#25 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:05 PM

Thread feels alil early, wait for beta at least imo we don't even know what skills classes will lose/gain in the upcoming expansion

Great post and I love the effort you put into it. However I think its all wrong. How can you discuss and want changes
for your class when you have no idea how the overall design of other classes and game meta will be? It makes no
sense to go into it now.

Your statement that this post is too early because I don't know the meta is irrelevant to the issues at hand, no matter what the meta is, having rolls being your top damage will be a big problem, having karma bopped will still be a big problem, not being able to fists of fury will still be a big problem. Many of these issues will still be problems going into the new expansion regardless of the meta if not changed. A ton of these problems were problems in MoP that continued into WoD with additional problems.

The purpose of doing it this early is because they haven't announced any class specific changes. This most likely means they are still collecting ideas and considering the possibilities. It would be better to address them now so they have an idea of what changes need to happen rather than letting them put all this work into developing new ideas that don't address the current problems with the class.

#26 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2028
  • 3v3: 2406
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:33 AM

every class in wod are how monks were in mop pretty much. I cba going into detail with how bad they messed up MW also. putting all of that spec's damage into melee attacks.... then removing disable from mw LOL. it's really sad seeing rshams (which have almost always been defensive healers aside from windfury totem) doing more dmg than mw's. this was clearly a pve driven expansion because ability pruning and almost all of the talents for every spec at 100 don't even make sense in pvp.

#27 darkzeon

darkzeon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1727
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2254

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

this was clearly a pve driven expansion because ability pruning and almost all of the talents for every spec at 100 don't even make sense in pvp.

• I use 5 times less buttons in PVE than in PVP. I don't see why blizzard would prune them because of PVE.
  • Monk abilities weren't pruned. We lost the flower and disarm. Also we got two bindable lvl 100 talents. Not a big deal. And if you actualy think that monk needs more buttons, Im pretty confused. Why? 30-35 is not anough?
  • I can think about a lot of good games with PVP that don't require 20-30 keybinds. I don't understand why the amount of buttons is so important for oldfags.
  • I have 4 friends that tried wow at start of WOD. All played for PVP and all left because: "PVP is too difficult and not fun".

#28 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:05 PM

this is not a real class :)

#29 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:10 PM

• I have 4 friends that tried wow at start of WOD. All played for PVP and all left because: "PVP is too difficult and not fun".

Yeah, ok, so because your 4 random noob friends think wow pvp is too difficult, that means it's fine.

Psst

Hey you

Yeah you

Sorry to spoil that, but that simply means your friends are shit and/or too unpatient to learn.
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#30 darkzeon

darkzeon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1727
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2254

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

that simply means your friends are shit and/or too unpatient to learn.

They are like 99% of newcomers that dont like to learn for months or even years and dont like to be raped at 1100 mmr when they start to play this game. Maybe thats why we have such a small pvp participation?

I dont think that wow pvp is too difficult, but as I said before I see no problem in making this game less macros and keybinds dependent and make it more fun.

And dont call my friends shit you dumb idiot.

Edited by darkzeon, 14 August 2015 - 03:21 PM.

#31 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:12 PM

All this pointless shit talk aside

Theres a couple ways blizzard can redesign monks, the original post by balance and venruki is the most realistic and possible one, the other is to revert windwalker back to the mop launch state where the class didnt revolve around tigereye brew and SEF, where rising sun kick would crit for 100k with just a trinket proc and nothing else.

#32 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:25 AM

do the world a favor and sip on this

Do the world a favor and think before posting something out of salt
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#33 Nixwood

Nixwood
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2708
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1735

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:29 AM

Balance, u forgot to say about Chi Explosion bug. While u using Chi Exp with 4 chi on shaman totem (any totem) it takes your chi, but doesn't do any damage to this totem. So, u have to waste 1 GCD to get 1/2/3 chi, if u want to destroy shaman totem on distance with chi exp :mellow:

Edited by Nixwood, 16 August 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#34 BalanceRexxar

BalanceRexxar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Thorium Brotherhood
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/1/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 2735
  • 3v3: 3041
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 768

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:51 PM

As for the recent upcoming monk buffs in 6.2, of course it will help but by no means is it what we need. By increasing the damage of Fists of Fury by 20%, we have become further reliant on a spell that shouldn't be nearly as good as it is for our class. Now whenever we got typhooned, charge stunned, explosive trapped on our Fists of Fury, we are losing even more damage. Not to mention the very large change of someone just, sliding out of range.

As for the Rising Sun Kick change, I would have preferred if that got 20% instead of Fists of Fury, but I don't get to make the changes. It's a little bit of a disappointment that we didn't see any Chi Explosion buffs because even with the 10% buff to Blackout Kick we will still have to take Chi Explosion for the range and stack generation.

I highly doubt the changes made were influenced by an monk's complaints in PvP, there are more likely changes made based on a graph for raids in Hellfire Citadel.

But at least it's something.

#35 Bensilver

Bensilver
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 21 August 2015 - 03:18 PM

Good points here

#36 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2631
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

nice suggestions but the spec as a whole needs a complete rework. This disgusting shit expansion WOD destroyed WW playstyle completely and made it completely stupid, boring, and counter-intuitive. I mean seriously, chi torpedo is my most damaging ability.

can't wait for demon hunter i suppose...

#37 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:47 PM

can't wait for demon hunter i suppose...

Don't give up the ww dream bro
Posted Image

#38 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Don't give up the ww dream bro

the ww dream died along side spinning fire blossom

#39 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

do us Windwalkers still roll Belf or is Orc better now?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

do us Windwalkers still roll Belf or is Orc better now?

I think im going orc if my team is going horde. I might survive a stun lock vs shatter/rmd that way. #Hope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<