Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/0/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1352

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:11 AM

OK, I wonder if there are any in depth guides out there, or if anyone can help me with surviving as a Resto Shaman.
Chances are If I don't immediately die during a stun lock then I will as soon as I get nature locked right out of the stun lock. I see a lot of RSham represented in arenas, so it has to just be the way I am playing. I seem to die before I can even get a healing stream totem off let alone a utility totem. So what is the secret? BGs are completely miserable as well. It just seems as an R Shaman I have a giant target over my head because I am heals, and have no way to fight cc or silence.

Any help would be appreciated...

#2 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

cba going in-depth but it sounds like the biggest thing your doing wrong is tanking dmg and trying to heal through it, standing and casting heals/spammin riptide isnt going to do anything coz dmg from 2 dps is better than healing from 1 healer, try stop dmg, get away/be in good position so your partners can help u, shamans are well known for playin with a warlock and thats because shamans need alot of help, dont make it hard for your partners to help u, if your dieing in stuns then try to prehot etc and dont be in a retarded place, make sure to tell your partners ul need help next switch/stuns on u, most of the time its better to save trinket for link. after eu qualifers i will be streamin alot more, maybe itl help you to watch twitch.tv/xonika

#3 Phibrizo

Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:08 PM

cba going in-depth but it sounds like the biggest thing your doing wrong is tanking dmg and trying to heal through it, standing and casting heals/spammin riptide isnt going to do anything coz dmg from 2 dps is better than healing from 1 healer, try stop dmg, get away/be in good position so your partners can help u, shamans are well known for playin with a warlock and thats because shamans need alot of help, dont make it hard for your partners to help u, if your dieing in stuns then try to prehot etc and dont be in a retarded place, make sure to tell your partners ul need help next switch/stuns on u, most of the time its better to save trinket for link. after eu qualifers i will be streamin alot more, maybe itl help you to watch twitch.tv/xonika

Thanks for the pointers. I can't say much for positioning, because there isn't much I can do with so much stealth around. What I have tried to do is sit a pillar (if one is available) but it is usually rogues and druids who keep me from being able to do anything but pre-hot. So I get that kiting and LOS is a big part of being a resto shaman, but windwalk totem just can't seem to save me at all against all the cc.

#4 Phibrizo

Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:19 PM

they stealth in the opener and after that it doesnt effect u, if ur gona use shitty retarded excuses like that then u wont get anywere

The opener is what I am talking about. Stunlock from open to dead.
Those kind of responses are unnecessary.

#5 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:31 PM

The opener is what I am talking about. Stunlock from open to dead.
Those kind of responses are unnecessary.

Im guessing your talking about retard ferals who open incarn and tripple stun and rogues and your team dont kill shadow reflection, yes u can expect to die in stun if you dont trinket or get peeled >_>

#6 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

wear a pvp trinket, use link.

#7 Phibrizo

Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:38 PM

Im guessing your talking about retard ferals who open incarn and tripple stun and rogues and your team dont kill shadow reflection, yes u can expect to die in stun if you dont trinket or get peeled >_>

This.
Thanks for being constructive. That is exactly what I am talking about. Trinket is the only save we have, so between Rogue CS, KS, Kick, Gouge Vanish Rinse and Repeat, or Feral Open + Incarnation what can I do to survive?
Is there something that I can be doing? My point about positioning is that during this kind of opener, positioning is not the problem, as no matter what pillar humping or LOS you attempt you get hit from stealth.

#8 Lilboymarty

Lilboymarty
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2412
  • 3v3: 2670
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 2209

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

If you ever die without trinket linking you made a mistake. If they pop every cd you should expect that you need to answer with cds of your own, if you don't you'll die. Beyond that it's just about managing your cooldowns properly, faking kicks at the right time so you can cast when you need and stopping damage via kiting or getting peels like Xoni said.

#9 Phibrizo

Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

If you ever die without trinket linking you made a mistake. If they pop every cd you should expect that you need to answer with cds of your own, if you don't you'll die. Beyond that it's just about managing your cooldowns properly, faking kicks at the right time so you can cast when you need and stopping damage via kiting or getting peels like Xoni said.

Thanks, this is helpful :)
I thought I might be doing something wrong if I pop trinket when getting nailed in the opening. In some cases with other classes (non heals) popping trink so early is a huge mistake, so I am glad to hear that not that way with a very aggressive opening on me as a shaman.

#10 Saccs

Saccs
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 2080
  • 3v3: 1857
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1887

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

Thanks, this is helpful :)
I thought I might be doing something wrong if I pop trinket when getting nailed in the opening. In some cases with other classes (non heals) popping trink so early is a huge mistake, so I am glad to hear that not that way with a very aggressive opening on me as a shaman.

My tip, for what it's worth is to not try to save cooldowns while you are learning and pushing to 2k and above. I would try to save link and my big CDs for the absolute last point and it would often burn me. A lot of it is knowing the classes you are up against and what sort of burst/cc/etc.. they have left.

Try playing the next few games using your CDs early and then managing without them instead of trying to hold off on using them and dying. At what appears to be your CR most of the DPS are going to just YOLO burst you right off the bat so dont be afraid to just counter them with all your CDs as well. Once you plan a bunch using your CDs early you can dial it back as you get more comfortable in tough situations.

#11 Phibrizo

Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:08 PM

Try playing the next few games using your CDs early and then managing without them instead of trying to hold off on using them and dying. At what appears to be your CR most of the DPS are going to just YOLO burst you right off the bat so dont be afraid to just counter them with all your CDs as well. Once you plan a bunch using your CDs early you can dial it back as you get more comfortable in tough situations.

Thanks for the suggestions, I started reacting much earlier with CDs as most people suggest and coordinating CC and peels with my partner in 2's and things have gotten much better, seeing a lot more success against the teams that pop everything in the first few seconds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<