• Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 2672
  • 5v5: 1656
  • RBG: 1576

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

Purchase ?

You can do it with a good group easily.

I meant purchase it from the vendor. It is not like mop where when you complete the cmodes you get a treasure chest with the full set inside. You have to buy each item you like from the vendor for 1000g a pop in Ashran.

#22 Jersything

Jersything
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1958
  • 3v3: 2088
  • RBG: 1645

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

MM with no pet at all means no ROS or Master's Call? If so, get fucked mm.... didn't like WoD version of that spec anyway but meh.

#23 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

Makes me remember old school Survival (vanilla-tbc), so I like it a lot.

I remember I made some nice raptor strike crits with the iced barbed spear :wub:

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#24 Refren

Refren
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 3v3: 2599
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

sounds kinda cool i guess now we can only hope that mm gets its former glory back

#25 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:05 PM

i have a bad feeling about this.
~mm no pet

#26 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:18 PM

This actually seems sick. I want marksman to play like a ranger assassin and hopefully they'll give it that feel back. Having the older utility shots that we used to have just fits it's flavor and just having the potential to be super scary seems amazing

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1913
  • 3v3: 1987
  • RBG: 1641

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

Sounds neat, I hope it's a viable spec, uniqueness between classes and specs is what gives them flavor!
Posted Image

#28 relegladhero

relegladhero
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1564
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:45 PM

Amazing change, no matter if it turns out to be an acutally viable spec or not, this is the way WoW needs to be, those are the kind of changes we need. Bring back Demo Lock tanks (well, they kind of will, demon hunter), melee hunters, skillshots like healing sphere for monks (minus the pathetic disgrace botters that abused it), offensive disc priests and just class and spec diversity in general!
Who the fuck is Enrico?

#29 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

I hope marksman feels like a mixture of caitlin from league of legends and sylvanas from hots. Just having the feeling of this ranger assasin is how I think marks should feel imo. You should be mobile but very fragile but also be extremely lethal if people aren't able to hurt you.

As far as what this would implement in terms of gameplay I'd like to see Aimed shot lose it's ability to be casted on the move, but also having the return of arcane shot or some other type of instant filler. However aimed shot should feel extremely lethal if it's pulled off(but still having the ability to get instant aimeds with old master marksman, similar to caitlins headshot passive in LoL) and still having chimera shot as this big scary damage moment while in the middle of battle (maybe a return of stings for marksman and chimera shot?).

Think of WoTLK chimera shots and stings interacting with another, flavor wise it's like being a master of your ranged weapon and having specialized shots and poisons. It should also feel like you're there to be extremely lethal to cloth users and casters, so a return of silencing shot would bring back that flavor on top of all the damage needs I mentioned (having aimed shot back to feeling like a deadly physical nuke).

I feel like having that mix between being this ranged assasin but also just having this feel like you're also consistently powerful so having those constant damage boosts being brought back would be nice - wild quiver being brought back would help with this feel along with the original steady focus giving us this haste boost to help in prolonged combat.

Edit: I suppose fantasy/lore wise you should feel like a mix of a dark ranger (sylvanas) or an elven ranger (tyrande). You should have a bit of a feel of both with some of the dark ranger abilities that sylvanas had (silence shot, black arrow), but also just the standard ranger where you got stuff like hunters mark and whatnot and you're kind of like a scout.

It's really hard for me to describe this completely, but yeah like I said it should have kind of that mixed toolkit between Sylvanas and Tyrande from HoTS, and Caitlin from league. That's the best way I'd say marksman should feel, but it's also just my opinion :P

Edited by Dills, 07 August 2015 - 07:29 PM.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#30 Coney

Coney
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2204
  • 3v3: 1928
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1815

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:28 PM

MM with no pet at all means no ROS or Master's Call? If so, get fucked mm.... didn't like WoD version of that spec anyway but meh.

Each spec has their own pvp talent tree, though this is merely an assumption. I'm pretty sure there will be a Master's Call option, but probably only available for the use of the Hunter and not like it currently is in WoD.

#31 Taklin

Taklin
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bloodscalp
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Marksmanship

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

I played hunter as my main all throughout vanilla and TBC. melee hunter was never a REAL thing, more of something that people joked that noobs did. or if a hunter managed to get a thunderfury and make a silly video. the abilities they had were raptor strike, mongoose bite which could only be used after you dodge an attack, and wingclip. it never had good damage. i hope they revert back to letting us use melee weapons in every spec. i enjoyed my stat sticks and want my lok'delar epic hunter staff to be useable again with my bow at the same time. even if they allocate the stats between the 2-3 weapons it would be very cool for transmog purposes.

#32 Esylium

Esylium

Posted 08 August 2015 - 12:08 AM

Can people stop say things like "this is retarded" without having a slight positive perspection. I for one find this very intresting and so will probably alot of other classes. We will just have to wait and see and hopefully this turns out to a better expansion. I'm pretty bored of right now.

#33 smellfungus

smellfungus
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1682
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:27 AM

This might bring some more interesting comps in the next expansion. Wonder what will happen with black arrow and what not, I feel like this would be one of the changes they might revert back making it a range spec once more. Unless they have some sort of way of throwing the spear like nidalee in LoL.

Edited by smellfungus, 08 August 2015 - 02:29 AM.

#34 Snakus

Snakus
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/2/0/0/2

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

Here's hoping hunters will be fun to play again. Used to be one of the most complex and fun classes to play up to WotLK (well, a bit clunky in TBC but 24/37 was still fun) and is currently one of the most boring. Can't wait to see how they pull these changes off.

Been waiting for that melee hunter return since 2005! That does get me excited, damn you Blizzard...

#35 Elpatri_

Elpatri_
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2221
  • 3v3: 2201
  • 5v5: 2025
  • RBG: 1803

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:19 PM

Personally i don't really like the idea. If you asked me 7 years ago when i really understood my class the first time what a hunter was, i would say it is a class that guns people and has pets - that is, in my mind, what a hunter is. This change makes so that you take the pet and gunning aspect away from two specs, which I'm not too fond of.
Although, my favorite spec has always been survival and i do think it needed something. A hybrid class with meele and range abilities would have been just perfect in my mind.
But let's see, i might end up being happy for the change.

EDIT: this means I can use my wrath polearms i saved in my bags again? not too bad

Edited by Elpatri_, 08 August 2015 - 02:21 PM.

#36 Barriery

Barriery
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:15 PM

any1 else super excited to use the challenge 2h sword ?
  • Artifact weapons can be transmoged into other weapons, but not the other way around.

#37 Jaynen

Jaynen
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1351
  • 3v3: 384

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

I can't believe

#38 Jako_Binsey

Jako_Binsey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

There has never been a meele hunter specc in this game lol. Everyone joked about meele hunters.it has always been real shit like range rogues. In vanilla mm was the strongest. Feign death +aimed shot raptor strike ,wingclip gg. Lol how did you guys play in those days? 3abilitie meele hunter gg missing 15oother useful range spells

#39 Barriery

Barriery
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:27 PM

im so excited for melee hunter like this expansion was so boring with the specs being so similar itll be nice to have some variety if you only play 1 character

#40 Octania

Octania
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2211
  • 3v3: 2138

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:40 PM

im so excited for melee hunter like this expansion was so boring with the specs being so similar itll be nice to have some variety if you only play 1 character

as a devout believer in the Survival dream i am pretty upset about this... i think both lore and flavorwise it should be bm as the melee spec, mm without pet feels right, but i feel very strongly about survival being a ranged/kitey spec rather than another enhancement shaman/rogue/generic melee
Sláystation's Flame Shock hits Octania for 1337 Fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<