• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:14 PM

first time in my life I acctualy agree to everything you said

what is this

Idk man, I even like Velca, but shit man lets fucking stop with this shit. When blizzard finally does something right, after pvpers have been crying about this since forever, they still say they aren't hyped.

Even if no one has tested it yet, they straight up showed you they made a tool to balance pvp and pve separate, that is literally the biggest thing to happen in pvp since arena. (Don't even try to mention rbgs)
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#42 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

Because I've sold all my old accounts from BC/Wrath and have since come back to the game 2-4 weeks at a time before stopping again? None of that has anything to do with what I said, and I'm not trying to sound like an elitist. People say the same shit about 2700 players don't they? My point was just that since yesterday this board looks exactly like the wow forums, complete with memes and hashtags, because half the people here are simply excited to be a part of WoW's second expansion that they will see. That's fine, my only point was that you should take all the shit they promise with a grain of salt. I mean how much was cut from WoD and that looked great too no? Stop getting defensive over it.

Seriously, they announced: Artifact weapons, better transmog (took 2 years to bring over D3s model), 5 zones, a new pvp system, and all of 0 actual details. I'm still going to buy/play the game for a month or so like I did in cata/mop/wod because new things are fun, but again stop deluding yourself into thinking #wowisbackboyz it's pretty annoying.

You aren't even worth writing a big post to show how dumb you are so ill just say this one more time.

If you don't understand how big balancing pvp and pve sereratly could be, then you are fucking retarded.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#43 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

I don't know why everyone on aj is such a fucking Debby downer. Seriously, yes they have been fucking up hardcore lately and you could assume that they will possibly keep fucking it up. But, if you aren't going to give them at least some credit and have some faith that they could fix it with the new talent tree for pvp then you are just a cynical nerd.

They finally made a system that they can balance pvp and pve separately. Do you understand how big of a deal that is? I will confidently say that the reasons disc priests were such shit this expansion was solely because of them having to balance for pvp and pve. They had to balance almost every fight in pve AROUND how good discs were. So if they made them and stronger in pvp then everyone would just bring all discs in pve.

They have finally after 11 years made it so pvp and pve can be balanced separately. No, I'm not saying that pvp is going to be 100% fixed, but with this new tool they have they have the potential to make it better.

Tl;dr, quit being cynical dweebs with your "never been more unhyped" shit. If you are that pessimistic then stop fucking playing.

Edit: and what are you talking about "until they address the class homogenization" shit? They straight up said in the steam that this expansion they are working towards less class homogenization and making every class unique, I could be wrong but I'm sure that's what they said word for word. Then they even showed show unique spells for each class like the disc priests abolish magic and the reinstatement of necrotic strike.

if you want to call it pessimistic because im not being a seven year old with stars in my eyes listening to blizzard promise the world then so be it

if i wasnt so lazy i could literally bring an endless amount of quotes about the hype of wod and how wod was going to be THE pvp expansion which it worked enough for me to come back after not playing for 2 expansions just to find out it was just as shit if not worse

pretending like blizzard is somehow true to their word always and acting as if a seperate talent system is going to be the fix of pvp is just choosing to be blinded by the fact of a new expansion and not sitting down and realizing that they do this shit every single expansion

a new talent system for pvp is a start yes, but that does not mean in any sort of degree that is going to be the fix of pvp, this isn't some brand new idea that they are just now going to be testing out to seperate pvp spells to pve, this is something theyve had access to and choose not to put that much use to for this current season or last, they literally choose not to do such changes for whatever reason that may be, and this is assuming that it is even implemented, do i need to remind you of the amount of pvp additions they promised yet when the time came pretended like they never even said that?

and guess what, they had an endless amount of feedback from the few pvp players that were on beta and anyone that was participating in wod beta can attest to that, yet zero changes were made, yet somehow after having a history of almost NEVER listening to feedback and doing the same shit theyre doing now with empty promises people are supposed to start screaming from the top of their lungs wow pvp is fixed when all they did was show a few spell icons and a talent tree that they never even touched on in the stream other than that its going to be pvp specific? lol

just because people like me aren't stroking blizzard's dick because of their talk doesnt mean its being negative

a child who is promised that they are going on a cruise every year by their parents will get excited after the first few times, after those times where they realize later on that they actually aren't they start to take said promises from parents with a grain of salt, is it cool of the thought of it or the idea of it? certainly, but you are just choosing to be a fool if you still after the 5000th time being promised said cruise to be just as excited as the first time

it just blows my mind how people still get this over excited over an expansion that was shown on a powerpoint presentation and think this is the second coming of jesus christ

edit; and i just remembered their reasoning for not doing more changes that change spells for pvp to pve, it'd be "too confusing" for the community, so they quite obviously have decided it won't be "too confusing" yet they continue not to do specific pvp changes on spells in the current? ya that sure looks promising tbh

im excited for the changes that they preached if they go through with it, but im not going to be a dumbass like other people claiming wow is going to be fixed and brought back to life until i see some actual testing of it on beta and show they actually intend on working more on things in a pvp perspective, as well as the class homeo, which once again, has strictly been all talk they didn't show any toolkits of the classes and how they are going to start separating them (rightfully so since this is the first they started talking of the expansion, which gives even more reason to not hold on to their every word like an idiot)

Edited by Velcaa, 07 August 2015 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:47 PM

You aren't even worth writing a big post to show how dumb you are so ill just say this one more time.

If you don't understand how big balancing pvp and pve sereratly could be, then you are fucking retarded.

Time to bail, you're doing the whole 'say things that weren't actually said' thing to me, because I never mentioned anywhere that balancing pve/pvp sereratly was ever bad. If you really want, you can go through my posts and see that 3 things I've constantly repeated are:

1. homogenization was always terrible for arena, and having a goal be 'every spec can work' is a bad, impossible goal
2. That they actually SHOULD balance things for pvp separately than they do pve
3. I have the smallest dick on this board
edit 4th. There was a pvp summit a while back, and I've still heard 0 news as to what even happened there.

Like you glossed over my post and then said things I never even mentioned, the fuck? But it's cool, I'll leave you guys to your childish wonderment, it shouldn't bother me at all.

Edited by Lloix, 07 August 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#45 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

and to end it all off let me just point out a couple things with wod that was promised

"we want casters to cast"

"we intend on reducing the amount of cc"

i dont think i need to type anymore to prove my point
Posted Image

#46 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

Blizzard sucks

They never do things they promise

Such a sad past

Everyone who looks forward to a new expansion to get out of this hell one way or another is big virgin nerds

confirmed?

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#47 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

and to end it all off let me just point out a couple things with wod that was promised

"we want casters to cast"

"we intend on reducing the amount of cc"

i dont think i need to type anymore to prove my point

You are comparing apples to oranges and it's pretty dumb. It's not like they just made a blue post saying "yeah we want to make classes unique" or just said they want to do something and you have to hope they go through with it. They SHOWED you that they can now balance pvp and pve sereratly and they SHOWED you how these new abilities can make each class unique with the ones they showed you. I'm not saying you should be jumping for joy that they finally are going to fix pvp 100% I'm saying you should quit being a Debby downer cry baby about it when they showed you they are implementing such a huge change.

Think of it just like this, this expansion disc priests were literally shit right? But every other patch that came out was "power word sheild nerfed by 10%". Now how did that make sense? Well it did because they were too fucking strong in pve and you just had to sit there and be shit, well NOW they can help you. If we would have had that this expansion they could have nerfed power word sheild but then had a pvp talent that would be something like: power word sheild is now 50% more effective in pvp combat.

Again I'm not saying this is going to fix pvp 100% But if you don't see the potential in this new system and you aren't hyped about what this could do to classes being more unique and maybe make pvp more balanced and fun then you are just blinded by your cynisism.

As for lloix or whatever his name is, I never said you said anything? The fuck? I was just repeating a point about how you should be hyped for such a major change. You really are that stupid huh
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#48 Nahj

Nahj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2378
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationAZ

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

I'm not saying you should be jumping for joy that they finally are going to fix pvp 100% I'm saying you should quit being a Debby downer cry baby about it when they showed you they are implementing such a huge change.

Obv not addressing me seeing as I haven't posted anything in this thread, but I feel like giving my 2 cents of being a devils advocate to crying without reason.

How do you know they won't just scrap the entire feature due to it being too confusing for casuals to have 2 talent trees for different areas of the game.

When a company's shit on you for 10 years and you still stood around for some reason you'd be messed to not end up a pessimist or at the very least skeptical till they play it post launch.

At this point I like to think of MoP/WoD as Stockholm Syndrome simulator 2015.

Edited by Nahj, 07 August 2015 - 07:09 PM.

#49 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

youre literally arguing me with shit that i said nothing about

i did not say the new talent system didnt have potential

i literally said that its retarded to get hyped over shit they announce until its actually seen because history with blizzard shows they scrap 90% of the shit they say theyre gonna do for pvp

youre being an idiot to choose to blindly think that blizzard is going to go forward with it and putting your faith into blizzard

not a discussion on the impact it COULD have, dont think anyone is even arguing that rofl, it's not being a debby downer, literally anyone that has dealt with blizzard for years understands where i am coming from, the only people that think im being a debbie downer are the ones that have yet to be disappointed by blizzard enough

not even worth a discussion because youre basically arguing with me on how people should feel when its totally logical for people to feel the way i feel

edit; and they have shown absolutely nothing that takes shows they are straying away from homeo aside from a few spells which they themselves have said they are not certain and could very well be scrapped WHILE talking about it

absolutely nothing of what they said is 100% evident, none of it is a solid fact when they were addressing pvp changes, none of it, all of which can still easily be scrapped just like theyve done numerous amounts of times

theyve SHOWN they can do a lot of things, doesn't mean they will, theyve SHOWN they can make changes that affect pvp only, numerous amounts of times, they still choose not to

i dont see how its so hard to process that just because blizzard says or SHOWS you something, doesn't make it a guarantee until youre in the beta testing it for yourself

Edited by Velcaa, 07 August 2015 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image

#50 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

Obv not addressing me seeing as I haven't posted anything in this thread, but I feel like giving my 2 cents of being a devils advocate to crying without reason.

How do you know they won't just scrap the entire feature due to it being too confusing for casuals to have 2 talent trees for different areas of the game.

When a company's shit on you for 10 years and you still stood around for some reason you'd be messed to not end up a pessimist or at the very least skeptical till they play it post launch.

At this point I like to think of MoP/WoD as Stockholm Syndrome simulator 2015.

Not sure where you were going with that last bit because I don't remember anyone defending blizzard during those periods at all but okay whatever.

And also, you're right I don't know, and I know blizzard has said they were going to do things in the past and didn't follow through with it. But I really really don't know why you would even asked that question. I honestly don't know why blizzard would drop a system that they are going to completely center pvp around. I mean really its not like other shit you guys are talking about where they said in a blue post or just sort of mentioned it in an interview or something. They took the time to make that into half of their slide show for the new expansion and thinking that they would just "drop" it because it's too confusing? Come on now.

You can go ahead with all your "LOL YEAH BUT ITS BLIZZARD THEY DO THAT DUHHH".

youre literally arguing me with shit that i said nothing about

i did not say the new talent system didnt have potential

i literally said that its retarded to get hyped over shit they announce until its actually seen because history with blizzard shows they scrap 90% of the shit they say theyre gonna do for pvp

youre being an idiot to choose to blindly think that blizzard is going to go forward with it and putting your faith into blizzard

not a discussion on the impact it COULD have, dont think anyone is even arguing that rofl, it's not being a debby downer, literally anyone that has dealt with blizzard for years understands where i am coming from, the only people that think im being a debbie downer are the ones that have yet to be disappointed by blizzard enough

not even worth a discussion because youre basically arguing with me on how people should feel when its totally logical for people to feel the way i feel

edit; and they have shown absolutely nothing that takes shows they are straying away from homeo aside from a few spells which they themselves have said they are not certain and could very well be scrapped WHILE talking about it

absolutely nothing of what they said is 100% evident, none of it is a solid fact when they were addressing pvp changes, none of it, all of which can still easily be scrapped just like theyve done numerous amounts of times

theyve SHOWN they can do a lot of things, doesn't mean they will, theyve SHOWN they can make changes that affect pvp only, numerous amounts of times, they still choose not to

i dont see how its so hard to process that just because blizzard says or SHOWS you something, doesn't make it a guarantee until youre in the beta testing it for yourself

Velca... dude... I just can't anymore man. Just keep being a downer man I don't have anymore energy for you. If you want to expect the worst then expect the worst man, even if they do fuck it up i'll still be happy they are at least trying to make pvp into something this expansion.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#51 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:52 PM

as i dont think of myself as being "super hyped" for the new expansion ,there is always faith boys

and if this expansion flops wow goes down as well lol

#52 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:28 PM

Seriously, yes they have been fucking up hardcore lately and you could assume that they will possibly keep fucking it up

Lately sounds damn funny, are you 80 years old to think of 5 years of hardcore fucking up as just lately?

I think you need to go do some beta pvp and give holinka feedback, the potential is insane! Legion might be even better than MoP!! (lol)
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#53 Abidalzim

Abidalzim
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Balnazzar
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2471
  • RBG: 576

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

It might be because it's late and I'm tired, but holinka's quote manage to make me chuckle irl. I'm honeslty not sure if it's only the usual pr-talk or if he's intentionally trolling wow fans. :D
Zaka pa te če naja morš te ne, te pa če pa te ne čuj, kaj te to te je, ne?

#54 dizzcord

dizzcord
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2216
  • 3v3: 2749
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:38 PM

can you fuckers just quit the game already jesus

Why is everyone complaining about pruning?
The reason WoW is not a ESPORT is because of the extreme imbalance between different classes and comps,
So what blizzard is doing IS MAKING IT EASIER FOR EVERYONE TO MULTICLASS.
SO YOU DONT GET COUNTERED EVERY FUCKING GAME.
If you feel like your class is dumb and easy, try another class THAT'S THE POINT OF PRUNING.................

#55 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

Lately sounds damn funny, are you 80 years old to think of 5 years of hardcore fucking up as just lately?

I think you need to go do some beta pvp and give holinka feedback, the potential is insane! Legion might be even better than MoP!! (lol)

I didn't play cata and I played only a little bit of mop at the end so, yeah. Compared to how long I have pvped I would say from my personal experiences "lately". But what I was getting at was specifically wod where they really really reallyyyylly fucked up. Nothing about draenor for pvp was good.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#56 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:32 AM

can you fuckers just quit the game already jesus

sry go put the rose tinted sunglasses on so timmy's feelings dont get hurt and remains a sheltered child

I didn't play cata and I played only a little bit of mop at the end so, yeah.

that literally explains your entire attitude towards it then, you havent been around since vanilla/tbc, hell even wrath time i guess to realize everything is just hype until it is actually implemented, there isn't enough time in the world to begin listing all the promises theyve made about every expansion before the release to hype people up

and yes almost everytime they would do the exact same thing of showing 'snippets' or images of what they are talking about

Edited by Velcaa, 08 August 2015 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image

#57 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:39 AM

sry go put the rose tinted sunglasses on so timmy's feelings dont get hurt and remains a sheltered child

that literally explains your entire attitude towards it then, you havent been around since vanilla/tbc, hell even wrath time i guess to realize everything is just hype until it is actually implemented, there isn't enough time in the world to begin listing all the promises theyve made about every expansion before the release to hype people up

and yes almost everytime they would do the exact same thing of showing 'snippets' or images of what they are talking about

yeah maybe for minor shit but not something this big. Thats like if they were to present blood elves and then say nahhhh nevermind we chose against blood elves. Show me one example of when they showed you something this big, this game changing, and then threw the idea away. And then i will shut up.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#58 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 August 2015 - 01:43 AM

yeah maybe for minor shit but not something this big. Thats like if they were to present blood elves and then say nahhhh nevermind we chose against blood elves. Show me one example of when they showed you something this big, this game changing, and then threw the idea away. And then i will shut up.

wotlk the entire hype was about aerial pvp

in fact if you still have the box from when you bought the expansion (if i really need to prove my point ill go find it and take a picture of it) the box itself still was hyping about it and that was its selling point yet they scratched that, that is much much MUCH more major compared to what theyve hyped about with pvp thus far

wod they hyped about a numerous amount of things

casters casting - short lived
arena spectator (not wargame related) they didnt even say "oh we decided to scrap that" they literally just pretended like they never said it

the list goes on, there is a reason why anyone that shares the same attitude as me had played the game for years, because theyve always done this expansion after expansion and youre a fool if you choose to hold onto their word for dear life when its not even shown in beta yet which is why anyone has literally said (that you consider being a debbie downer) is to have a healthy dose of skepticism until there is something a bit more to grasp onto other than blizzard's word and a powerpoint presentation

Edited by Velcaa, 08 August 2015 - 01:46 AM.

Posted Image

#59 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:05 AM

wotlk the entire hype was about aerial pvp

in fact if you still have the box from when you bought the expansion (if i really need to prove my point ill go find it and take a picture of it) the box itself still was hyping about it and that was its selling point yet they scratched that, that is much much MUCH more major compared to what theyve hyped about with pvp thus far

wod they hyped about a numerous amount of things

casters casting - short lived
arena spectator (not wargame related) they didnt even say "oh we decided to scrap that" they literally just pretended like they never said it

the list goes on, there is a reason why anyone that shares the same attitude as me had played the game for years, because theyve always done this expansion after expansion and youre a fool if you choose to hold onto their word for dear life when its not even shown in beta yet which is why anyone has literally said (that you consider being a debbie downer) is to have a healthy dose of skepticism until there is something a bit more to grasp onto other than blizzard's word and a powerpoint presentation

Yeah wasnt that dogfights suppose to be a part of wintergrasp? Yeah I would hardly call that game changing.

As for everything else you listed those do not fall in the same league of shit im talking about. Them saying they are going to make a god damn spectator mode compared to them showing you them making a WHOLE NEW SYSTEM for pvp changing it to where you dont get any pvp gear and you get a whole new spec that balances out pvp serperatly to pve hardly are comparable.

Seriously dude if they werent going to something THIS fucking big they wouldnt have spent half their power point showing you about it.

Dont
Be
Fucking
Stupid.
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

#60 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 08 August 2015 - 02:12 AM

game changing enough that they had that as their selling point on their fucking expansion box hello????

half their powerpoint was NOT about the talent system, dont confuse the talent system to the weapon talent system, they literally touched on it for less than 2 minutes then continued on with whatever else there was, stop being overdramatic

dont be fucking stupid, just because a bunch of new players like you want to grasp onto their every word while anyone that actually has been with blizzard for an extended amount of time realizes they have almost never kept their word on everything they hype up about so their not going to be blindly cheering for something that isnt even in beta

i bet if blizzard started selling magic beans and addressed it in a powerpoint in what it could do for 2 minutes you guys would eat it up too

but again, its pointless to argue about, you guys want to hold on for dear life everything they say on a powerpoint while anyone intelligent says not to get over excited until the beta is out and the talent system and everything else is in effect in beta, literally not even an argument, just dont confuse people using logic and their brain with being a debbie downer, im sure dizzcord can give you some rose tinted sunglasses too

Edited by Velcaa, 08 August 2015 - 02:14 AM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legion, ptr, feedback

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<