Neuromancer
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/0/0

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:45 PM

Via Twitter:

Talked to @holinka at blizzcon. He made a good point. To make PvP better the community needs to play ptr/beta more and give feedback!

@AbdouTooBeasty We are REALLY going to need people this time.

Didn't see this here and I suppose it could use any exposure it can get. Since we know Holinka and/or other devs atleast browse AJ from time to time, maybe people could chime in on how to make this a possibility.

I don't know how many people are usually on the beta servers, and out of those I have no idea how many are dedicated PvPers. Will there be enough beta spots to cover a decent amount of the PvP playerbase? Or even some kind of "Tournament Realm"-esque beta Legion server (if that's even possible/needed)?

It's easy to have a jaded view on the topic of PvP feedback after all this time but maybe there are enough people who'd like to try having another discussion.

Edited by Neuromancer, 06 August 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#2 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

Brian Holinka after thinking ppl bought what he said

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:54 PM

If they come up with a constructive plan to filter feedback and use it this time, then I might give it a shot. But this is just another standard reply.

#4 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:09 PM

The thing is they almost always give invites to the pro players but they never touch the Beta or give feedback. They're usually sitting in 15 minute queues to play dampening games. After the game is released they just complain about everything and tweet to Holinka. Warlords was the same way. Dump over 1,000 keys on a streamer for him to give out only to find he is selling them. You don't need a "pro" player to tell you what's wrong with the game.

Edit: If they really did care about it they could flag people's accounts above 2200 or if there is a rank 1 title on the account. Something like that but I doubt it.

Also if you tweet to Holinka and your name isn't Cdew or Bajheera he doesn't even respond or probably even acknowledge your tweet.

Edited by Structural, 06 August 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#5 Bawn

Bawn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 856

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:11 PM

how about they give us beta invites to begin with? wod betas were given away via third party websites in a shuffle giveaway and unsurprisingly enough most of the people who were in the beta were complete brain dead retards, maybe if they actually want pvp feedback they'd ATLEAST give every high rated player a beta invite to test their game, and not just the famous streamers, literally every beta consist of 97% pvers and 3% pvpers that barely even test the game cause they have to wait a 10 minute skrim que

"we want feed back for reals this time, but we're gonna go ahead and give wowhead 10k invites to give away to their premium members or whatever, who cares lol"

Edited by Bawn, 06 August 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#6 Datacuss

Datacuss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1947
  • 3v3: 2351
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2287

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

Pretty sure ABN's team, Bailamos's team, and my team from MoP never got a beta key. How do they expect to get any feedback on RBG's.

I have to spam them with 50 bugs at the beginning of the expansion every time. BoP cap, Icey flows cap, some hunter run while moving cap, warlock run while moving cap, lag capping.

These guys are useless

Not only that but in this current season 9 months after release we are using 3 affliction warlocks on a team, 80% of them botting. Blizzard is always looking at the future of their shit game instead of current. Weird

Edited by Datacuss, 06 August 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#7 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

ATLEAST give every high rated player a beta invite to test their game

can't imagine how fun and engaging legion pvp will be if they give a beta invite to every single high rated wod arena player ;)

pvp is fun if class design allows it to be fun, if they need player feedback to make classes fun again then that doesn't exactly bode well for the rest of this incoming expansion lol

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 06 August 2015 - 10:23 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#8 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:22 PM

Pretty sure ABN's team, Bailamos's team, and my team from MoP never got a beta key. How do they expect to get any feedback on RBG's.

I have to spam them with 50 bugs at the beginning of the expansion every time. BoP cap, Icey flows cap, some hunter run while moving cap, warlock run while moving cap, lag capping.

These guys are useless

Not only that but in this current season 9 months after release we are using 3 affliction warlocks on a team, 80% of them botting. Blizzard is always looking at the future of their shit game instead of current. Weird

cant wait to see you guys bug abusing the DH double jumps

#9 Datacuss

Datacuss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1947
  • 3v3: 2351
  • RBG: 2287

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

cant wait to see you guys bug abusing the DH double jumps

Yeah it's pretty funny, for all of MoP you could send pets to unreachable spots and wildcharge/shadowstep to it. They waited until the entire expansion while every team would do it on FC maps. It's really funny at how bad they are at adding abilities and testing them. Probably because none of them pvp but still.

#10 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

yeah lets just hope demon hunters can actually fly now so bailamos doesnt have to fly hack anymore

#11 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2101
  • 5v5: 1777
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationAshburn, VA

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

Get five of the best players in the world (not named jhamilli) and send them to blizz headquarters and let them design pvp.

#12 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:22 PM

Pretty sure he's taking the piss, last beta i sent in bug reports that weren't fixed till 2-6 months after the expaision launched. Sat there watching healer crits be 175% instead of 150%, prismatic crystal be treated as an npc for crit/multi purposes (it started as a level 5 mob so you just one shot things for a week whenever you dropped it on someones head due to crit/damage scaling on low level npcs). Then blizz do a balance patch a week before launch, buff shit by 15-50% on random abilities, still leave bugs in (mops "naa boyz, stampede isn't bugged") and expect decent "pvp" feedback etc.

The beta is purely there for bug reports because changes happen so often ("we haven't balanced values yet") complaining about numbers is largely pointless.

Also, when in the last 12 months you've seen hundreds of useful forum posts about how to make the game less shit that have all been ignored... and he's asking for feedback. That's some top level trolling.

Edited by Korzul, 06 August 2015 - 11:22 PM.

#13 acushi

acushi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/2/1

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

Bailamos (a known RBG exploiting tool bag) should be considered for feedback in betas? Get people who are active in the top 100 in the 3v3 bracket insta invites for PVP testing.

#14 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

These guys are useless

I really really realllllllllyyy don't know how you don't understand this yet.

No
One
Gives
A
Shit
About
Rbgs.

Got it?
AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#15 Arteqt

Arteqt
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2209
  • 3v3: 2107
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 1608

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

Interesting. I am actually suprised that they didn't execute Holinka on Gamescom stage after saying "Blizzard has been listening to players experiences during Warlords of Draenor and thinks players will be excited by the announcement this week".

#16 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 3140
  • RBG: 2754

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:23 AM

I reported 10+ bugs among other things in the WOD beta.

I saw how a grand sum of 0 things I reported got fixed.

I don't even know why they have beta :)

#17 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:53 AM

so that the top tier raiding guilds can clear the end game content before the game is even released

#18 Milaya

Milaya
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2127
  • 3v3: 2156
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1618

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image
The Jaimex List:

1) Priest in WoD Season 2 are OP
2) Hydra is the one of the worst Priests
3) No one loses a Glad spot for Boosting
4) Ele Shamans only hit for 30k LB even though Zeepeye did 49k like 3 weeks into S2
5) Boosting is not against the ToS
6) Money from Boosts do not need to get taxed
7) Supply and demand is the reason for boosts
8) js rshamans dont heal 200k unless they get lucky, maybe 100k consistently

#19 Volb

Volb
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1047
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1134
  • LocationTDOT, Canadialand

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:41 AM

the instant spawn ravens you kill right before you build your garrison have been in the game since beta and i've reported it multiple times both live and during beta. Idk why this spot has been left untouched but whatever. I'll take super fast lvling.

#20 livejamie

livejamie
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:50 AM

But we did give them lots and lots of feedback :(
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legion, ptr, feedback