Photo

Runes / Runic Power

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Slappywag

Slappywag
  • Junkies

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

This shit confused the fuck out of me. All of the explanations I've read have been really in detail and overcomplicated. Now I've played a little bit of the beta, here how it is:

- Runes = cooldowns

That's basically all they are. Shared cooldowns. They regenerate automatically and some abilities need them. Thus, if there are 3 abilities on a 10 second cooldown, and each needs one rune, you will only be able to use 2 in quick succession. Easy as pie.

- Runic power = rage

Runic power is separate to "runes". It's basically just rage. Using runes gives you runic power (as do some "free" abilities, that cost no runic power or runes.. pretty awesome IMO), so runic power is basically rage that you only get when doing special abilities. Simple.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted Image

#2 Duckers

Duckers
  • Moderators
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Cho'gall
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:30 AM

At what level do you get the Batmobile?

#3 Slappywag

Slappywag
  • Junkies

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:14 AM

Posted Image

#4 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

This shit confused the fuck out of me. All of the explanations I've read have been really in detail and overcomplicated. Now I've played a little bit of the beta, here how it is:

- Runes = cooldowns

That's basically all they are. Shared cooldowns. They regenerate automatically and some abilities need them. Thus, if there are 3 abilities on a 10 second cooldown, and each needs one rune, you will only be able to use 2 in quick succession. Easy as pie.

- Runic power = rage

Runic power is separate to "runes". It's basically just rage. Using runes gives you runic power (as do some "free" abilities, that cost no runic power or runes.. pretty awesome IMO), so runic power is basically rage that you only get when doing special abilities. Simple.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

The one thing I noticed with runic power, is that you seem to generate it even if say your blood strike misses.
Posted Image

#5 Deccard

Deccard
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Die Silberne Hand
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:07 AM

The three types of runes could be seen as three distinct energy pools.
Runic Power is up to 100 Combo Points.

#6 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

One question I have about runic power is, does it decay? There is a talent in the blood tree, Butchery, you generate 2 runic power per 3 seconds. That talent is similar to the warrior talent anger management. Runic power is generated from specials that use runes and is not wiped when switching targets. So it seems its very similar to rage thus wondering if it shares that part of the mechanic as well.

#7 Kadrix

Kadrix
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/1/.

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:51 PM

One question I have about runic power is, does it decay? There is a talent in the blood tree, Butchery, you generate 2 runic power per 3 seconds. That talent is similar to the warrior talent anger management. Runic power is generated from specials that use runes and is not wiped when switching targets. So it seems its very similar to rage thus wondering if it shares that part of the mechanic as well.

Yeah, it decays 3 every 3 second outside of combat untalented, 1 per 3 seconds outside of combat talented. The difference in the mechanics is that you gain runic power through using abilities, whereas you gain rage through white's.
Posted Image

#8 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

Is there a list or a formula somewhere which describes how much runic power gets generated with each specific move and also how much runic power abilities take? I understand there are abilities that take it all, but I am talking about abilities like corpse explosion and blood boil. On wowhead, it just says "Requires Runic Power."

#9 Mekila

Mekila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:55 AM

Is there a list or a formula somewhere which describes how much runic power gets generated with each specific move and also how much runic power abilities take? I understand there are abilities that take it all, but I am talking about abilities like corpse explosion and blood boil. On wowhead, it just says "Requires Runic Power."

Blood boil does not require runic power. Corpse explosion requires 60 runic power.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<