Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:35. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Arms warrior in next expansion

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 erskjans

erskjans
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1367
  • 3v3: 1533
  • RBG: 1855

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

So I'm curiouse on how you high rated warriors out there want arms warriors to be in the next expansion.

I like the concept of the slow hard hitting arms Blizzard wanted for WoD but the spec lacks any Deep at all.

Let me hear what you Think ihow it should be if you could get the class just as you wanted.
I'm mostly intressted in design and not so much numbers atm.

Keep it comming :)

#2 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

Whirlwind should not be in the single target rotation; slam makes more sense. Execute procs are okay because it makes you actually react to something which is why CS reset should be returned as well. I also don't see why OP can't come back either. Heroic Strike could probably stay gone though.

#3 Phibrizo

Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/0/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1352

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:38 PM

Whirlwind should not be in the single target rotation; slam makes more sense. Execute procs are okay because it makes you actually react to something which is why CS reset should be returned as well. I also don't see why OP can't come back either. Heroic Strike could probably stay gone though.

I don't play much arms because it isn't my style, but I think this is pretty much the response I would agree with for the Arms feel.
WW shouldn't be there, and slam should be streamlined into the spec, not an optional talent.

#4 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

remove whirlwind most important

#5 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:58 PM

I wish they would get rid of rage altogether and instead maybe turn stances into something like the boomkin special resource.

Rage feels useless and frustrating, just make all attacks free but make them push your character one way or the other.

Have like Berserker Stance, Battle Stance, and Defensive stance on some type of slider and depending on what moves you do the bar moves from left to right and back and you would get more damage in berserker but less defensive and so on.

Would actually make planning important again and would give you choices on how to play.

Now its just try to build as much rage as possible so you can spam your abilities off of cd.

#6 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Overpower instead of whirlwind. Make overpower cost 20 rage. Each use of overpower on a target effected by cs extends it's duration.
Overpower hits multiple targets within 8 yards when sweeping strikes is enabled. (Remove Whirlwind.)

This makes overpower have multiple purposes. Rage dump, extending your burst with the right rage management, and aoe. (Basicly acts as an aoe if you actually want it to be.)

Keep the slam talent mechanic but make it apply on overpower instead.

Oh and remove thunderclap and give piercing howl instead. Make recklessness give % mastery instead of crit.

Edited by Pinka, 30 July 2015 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

#7 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:52 AM

For starters,
bring back Charge stun.

For talents,
scrap t45, make Sudden Death baseline for all the specs, make Taste for Blood a perk or something. Insert some meaningful, considerable rotational modifiers here,
remove Stormbolt and Warbringer, put Throwdown where Stormbolt is.

For fillers,
get rid of Whirlwind,
bring back Overpower along with Taste for Blood as it was. They brought back Rend and it's horrible, they'd better bring back Overpower,
bring back Heroic Strike,
bring back Piercing Howl.

That Sweeping Strikes mechanic is neat, would give Arms its own aoe slot.
Fury's Meatcleaver seems miles ahead in terms of design when compared to whatever Arms has.

I honestly don't really know where they will lead the spec next, and I'm kind of scared. Hope that august 6th can shed some light on the matter, because I'm still sore as hell at Celestalon's mocking of the return of Overpower in 6.1.

#8 erskjans

erskjans
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1367
  • 3v3: 1533
  • RBG: 1855

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

I wish they would get rid of rage altogether and instead maybe turn stances into something like the boomkin special resource.

Rage feels useless and frustrating, just make all attacks free but make them push your character one way or the other.

Have like Berserker Stance, Battle Stance, and Defensive stance on some type of slider and depending on what moves you do the bar moves from left to right and back and you would get more damage in berserker but less defensive and so on.

Would actually make planning important again and would give you choices on how to play.

Now its just try to build as much rage as possible so you can spam your abilities off of cd.

Imo rage should defintly stay but I do thing that it's should go back to old style of rage income there you got more rage tha harder you hitted and make rage regen on damage taken baseline, but I do Think all our skills should cost rage aswell except for Charge that should generat rage as just as now. It' is dumb that all of out utility spells don't requier rage at all exept for Sield Barrier that should be removed from the game.

#9 Bawn

Bawn
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 856

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:18 PM

they can start by giving us back rage regen on damage taken and not make it our fucking 4pc

Edited by Bawn, 01 August 2015 - 04:19 PM.

#10 Phoo

Phoo
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/1/2/.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:32 AM

If they revamped warriors to be a mirror image of S6 that would be perfect. Bring back overpower at the very least.

Whirlwind should either have a cooldown and hit hard like it used to or be removed, it feels horrible right now.

#11 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

Don't you think rend has made it too easy for wls?

#12 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

you got more rage tha harder you hitted

No, this was a huge scaling problem and its a good that it is no longer around.

If they want to keep rage, they should make you generate rage when taking damage without 4piece like you said, and replace whirlwind with a single target rage generator.

#13 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

Would honestly like to have more single target back as arms, preferably overpower considering rogues can dodge all our abilties for the first 1-2mins of the fight almost. I love heroic strike being off global, i think it should be reintroduced. Give us charge stun back :)

I really hope they are adding more spells / abilties in the next expansion otherwise its going to be a big disappointment, removing abilties and spells that are class iconic and has been in the game for 10 years was really stupid idea.

#14 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:42 PM

I really hope they are adding more spells / abilties in the next expansion otherwise its going to be a big disappointment, removing abilties and spells that are class iconic and has been in the game for 10 years was really stupid idea.

The problem is that I don't really think that Holunki and his stubbornness will bring back the abilities that got pruned in WoD.
PD: I wish I were wrong and eventually they realise that they have been doing it wrong.
Posted Image

#15 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Would honestly like to have more single target back as arms, preferably overpower considering rogues can dodge all our abilties for the first 1-2mins of the fight almost. I love heroic strike being off global, i think it should be reintroduced. Give us charge stun back :)

Holinka was quoted saying the prune was great and they plan to do more. I wonder if they even play the same game as us. Playing HotS and WoW is like the same experience: 4 fucking buttons for every class.

#16 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:47 AM

They mentioned a few specs are undergoing major re-designs. They mentioned survival hunters and demo locks, but I'm assuming a lot of the ugly eggs such as arms warriors will be given a huge overhaul

Edited by Speedymart, 09 August 2015 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image

#17 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:22 AM

Shall we produce - as the AJ Warrior community - a list of suggestion and changes to be posted on both the NA and EU boards, and maybe Reddit and MMO-Champion?
So that it gets exposure.

Ideally it should be a thread constantly edited by the op, and once it feels good it gets broadcasted.

#18 Matduke

Matduke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1946
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:01 AM

Overpower (Or lower passive parry/dodge)

Slam baseline (Or have mastery apply to Slam so it's worth taking over Sudden Death)

Or have Sudden Death proc Colossus Smash again

Leave out Heroic Strike idc

Edited by Matduke, 09 August 2015 - 02:03 AM.

#19 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:43 AM

To be honest, Blizzard should just remove Rend, possibly bring back Deep Wounds as a proc based DoT and bring back rotational abilities that feel meaningful (Overpower, Slam). Arms being just another spec that multidots just feels wrong.

#20 Blizo

Blizo
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/2/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1701
  • 3v3: 3274
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 2010

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

I hope that i will be able to press more than 3 buttons for dmg and give us back charge stun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users