Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 19:30. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Hybrids vs All healing changes

all healing change hybrid healers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:07 PM

All-healing changes for dmg and healer roles

Posted Image

Posted Image

Healing-heavy dmg classes get hurt by all-healing reductions, yes. But that reduction is an all-healing reduction and not a HybridsCanDoMeAFavor reduction. It's not made to make hybrids weaker than others. It is made to correct gameplay issues in the game as a whole, like healing being too powerful alters hybrid-like classes' gameplay, healing becomes too determinant in their gameplay.

So if the healing change is stopped, it's the only thing hybrids gain with it. Healing will be a much bigger part of them. If that's what they want, sure, have more healing. But it's a dmg role, so it's not expected to be a too big part of them, just a little.

As for stopping an impending nerf:
If hybrid nerf is on the to-do list, this doesn't stop it. This only diverts changes towards other parts of hybrids. If they don't want a healing reduction go through, fine, so pay with dmg/mobility/unique abilities etc. I don't think that's what hybrids really want, it just seems like something that has not been thought through.
Say, I don't think many warlocks would feel bad losing healing, for extra mobility, dmg or control instead, to make their gameplay resemble a dmg dealer more than a self-healing target dummy with occasional malfunction bolts.

#2 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

u wot m8
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#3 Velcaa

Velcaa
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/2/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1931

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:45 PM

what is with people's obsession with making these graphs when talking about the simplest of things

or is it just the same person that i see making threads like this all the time
Posted Image

#4 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

so what are you cosidering a hybrid these days? everyone has high offheals e.g. hunter

#5 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

It's the same guy :x

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#6 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

what is with people's obsession with making these graphs when talking about the simplest of things

or is it just the same person that i see making threads like this all the time

It's the same person do you not even look at who is making posts? Prode is a master mind and should be inventing microscopic spaceships that battle cancer.

#7 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

so what are you cosidering a hybrid these days? everyone has high offheals e.g. hunter

The thread is 'targeted' at hybrids only because it's often them who raise concerns against all healing reductions. It does the same to whatever dmg class. It makes dmg classes more and more into what they really are, dmg dealers.
But it doesn't stop hybrids from being hybrids, if a hybrid healed 10x more than a rogue before, then it will heal exactly 10x more after the all healing reduction too.

So as far as all healing changes are concerned, every dmg class should only consider, well, the class will be less about healing now. Hunter, rogue, paladin, every dmg class gonna be less about healing, more about other things, dmg, control, unique support abilites etc. And that's nothing extreme, they are dmg roles, not healers.

Edited by ProdeGaming, 23 July 2015 - 01:14 PM.

#8 Fennixqt

Fennixqt
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1199
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1335

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

Decent post.
Game is not broken by a % of dmg/healing. But by the core design which defines the meta eg. moving/slow effects (mobility), cc, utility, CDs etc. They buff/nerf damage or healing for PVE reasons which badly effects PvP not because of the buff/nerf itself but because the buff/nerf doesn't fit the pvp meta or the core class design in pvp. So stop wasting your time on bothering about it as its not healing/dmg reduce or increase that will fix anything.

They made a scaling system for gear/lvl and utility for PVE easy (timewalking), but for PvP separation of PvE with scaling like timewalking is hard they say, when its literally the same system they already have developed but are just not using it or even thinking about it.

Edited by Fennixqt, 23 July 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#9 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

Game is broken by the core design which defines the meta eg. moving/slow effects (mobility), cc, utility, CDs etc.

They are broken I agree, but that doesn't mean they can't be fixed or corrected, even if step by step.

The various CC, mobility etc. abilities and the burst dmg are screwed up because healing is screwed up, too high. Adding/keeping those elements of PvP gameplay are must have reactions to the too high healing in PvP.

But they can be meaningfully reduced as a part of an all healing reduction, the OP shows why, with the all healing changes for healers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: all healing, change, hybrid, healers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users