• Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

http://us.battle.net...184901?page=1#0

Some people on EU and other regions don't read US forums, but read AJ so i'm posting the thread I spent all morning on here.
http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#2 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:44 PM

Something i would love to see for both holy and ret is a change of our "cc-row".
99% of the time, fists of justice is used. Repentance is "meh" because of his cast time and DR with everything, and Blinding Light is just laughable too.

I would love to have the current Fist of Justice baseline, and all talents would change it by something like :
Talent 1 : Fist of Justice is now a physical effect.
Talent 2 : Fist of Justice is now a fear effect.
Talent 3 : Fist of Justice is now a disorient effect.

By the way, most of the time, a good buff for a class is a nerf for others. Holy pal (And DK for example.) wasn't that bad during the end of MoP, we were good against most of the team which doesn't contain a mage (Which countered us entirely.). Problem was, and is now, if you doesn't face a warlock, you face a mage.

How about adding a "Touch of Karma" CD spell for ret paladin? Not exactly the same, but something like the old Eye for an Eye during Wotlk. You take X damage, the target take X/2 of your damage. Something to say "Oh, don't touch me too much, buddy".

The last time i played ret was in TBC, so, it's just some (crazy) ideas.

EDIT : Oh, and btw, the part of your text about CD can be said to holy paladin (which plays with regular class) too. (The fact CD are powerful against non-dispellers and short games, and useless on others situations)

Edited by Jim_Jim, 21 July 2015 - 08:45 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Celinedijon

Celinedijon
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1316
  • 3v3: 2623
  • RBG: 1144

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:33 PM

Something i would love to see for both holy and ret is a change of our "cc-row".
99% of the time, fists of justice is used. Repentance is "meh" because of his cast time and DR with everything, and Blinding Light is just laughable too.

I would love to have the current Fist of Justice baseline, and all talents would change it by something like :

By the way, most of the time, a good buff for a class is a nerf for others. Holy pal (And DK for example.) wasn't that bad during the end of MoP, we were good against most of the team which doesn't contain a mage (Which countered us entirely.). Problem was, and is now, if you doesn't face a warlock, you face a mage.

How about adding a "Touch of Karma" CD spell for ret paladin? Not exactly the same, but something like the old Eye for an Eye during Wotlk. You take X damage, the target take X/2 of your damage. Something to say "Oh, don't touch me too much, buddy".

EDIT : Oh, and btw, the part of your text about CD can be said to holy paladin (which plays with regular class) too. (The fact CD are powerful against non-dispellers and short games, and useless on others situations)

Sounds pretty op to make the best option even better...?

#4 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1593
  • 3v3: 1642
  • 5v5: 1628
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

Great post! Wish i could rep it.

I cant really add anything since you are like a god compared to me, but i think giving rets a mortal strike would help a lot too!

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#5 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:50 PM

I like the FoJ idea, honestly as empowered seals I feel pretty good at surviving as long as I use ES 100% of the time as a heal. The issue comes when you die when you can't control your character ie. Stun Horror Silence while wizards have their way with your team. Or you play a 11 minute game, get carpal tunnel, make no errors but they win anyway.

I remember eye for an eye was retarded because it could break CC with DoTs, lol.

I played Holy mainly in WotLK. Just wish I had at least some place in arena, feels like a total waste of time right now.

Great post! Wish i could rep it.

I cant really add anything since you are like a god compared to me, but i think giving rets a mortal strike would help a lot too!

Yea it's in the last misc section, it would open up a lot of synergies without buffing Ret Hunter. It's one of those things that they won't do because it doesn't fit their vision for the class or whatever. It's like an obvious thing that would help a ton with being able to play different comps, but yea.

Edited by Avengelyne, 21 July 2015 - 10:51 PM.

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

#6 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 1850
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1678
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:33 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Holinka tried fixing ret by buffing mages instead.

#7 wuzzle

wuzzle
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Azshara
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1510
  • 3v3: 2108
  • 5v5: 864

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Neat ideas, a little discussion. And then the thread died. (Sry, EU scrub here)
°.-/)

#8 Animefreak3K

Animefreak3K
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Eredar
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/0/0/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1038
  • 3v3: 1569
  • 5v5: 1652
  • RBG: 1432
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Thanks again avengelyne. I'll support you, wherever i can!

It's still a shame, that we from Europe can't post on the US forums.

#9 Octania

Octania
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2211
  • 3v3: 2138

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

Sounds pretty op to make the best option even better...?

making the only real option more versatile so rets can finally play with more classes sounds op to you?
Sláystation's Flame Shock hits Octania for 1337 Fire.

#10 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire
  • 2v2: 1030
  • 3v3: 3123
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:40 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit: Rets should be the destro warlocks of melee imo, big fat damage that's rather easy to avoid but lethal if set up properly

#11 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:42 AM

big fat damage that's rather easy to avoid but lethal if set up properly

You described the holy spec :wub:

#athenecleave

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#12 zaultwo

zaultwo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aerie Peak
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2308
  • RBG: 1334
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

It would be nice to see get some fixes really soon, especially with these 15% healing nerfs to everyone going out today. This effects ret probably the most out of any dps spec in the game, since we rely the most on healing out of any of them.
Posted Image

#13 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:55 AM

godcomp PoV :

Posted Image

#14 Call Me Teranaye

Call Me Teranaye
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2969
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 1734
  • RBG: 2079

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:52 AM

godcomp PoV :

Posted Image

and hunters.

#15 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:35 AM

and hunters.

Jungle PoV :wub:

Posted Image

#16 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

Pretty solid ideas there.

I would also love to see an ability like "repel" from Dota.. Aand working on flying spells, raising the skillcap. True dream. Maybe instead of dispelling and on the line with clemency (works as a spell reflect/deterrence for ALL spells there, castable on allies and enemies, could be 1 min cd whatsoever).
Doubt it would ever be thought of...

#17 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

Pretty solid ideas there.

I would also love to see an ability like "repel" from Dota.. Aand working on flying spells, raising the skillcap. True dream. Maybe instead of dispelling and on the line with clemency (works as a spell reflect/deterrence for ALL spells there, castable on allies and enemies, could be 1 min cd whatsoever).
Doubt it would ever be thought of...

Yea, I mean we can come up with the most amazing new ability ideas and whatnot but Blizzard is looking for small, hotfix style changes that don't require more art or development time. The only chance we have to get changes we suggest through is to suggest small, PvP-only changes that don't affect any other aspect of the game. That being said, without adding major changes (adding tools hunters have and we don't) we probably won't be playing with anything besides hunters, but i'd rather be riding on a hunters back in arena than not competing at all.

#18 justicecute

justicecute
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1593
  • 3v3: 1642
  • 5v5: 1628
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:42 PM

Well i cant seem to get past 2.1k mmr this season despite playing at 2500 mmr last season. We win rmx/jungle/turbo all the time but if a team has a lock in it its guarenteed lose. Im about to lose my fucking mind. Playing PHP (i can only play with a priest got no other choices) . They dont even have to cc the priest. We even lost to ret lock shaman. I dont even know anymore. Shit is destroying my confidence. Give me some tips r1 people!

i sold my account zeynaa isnt mine anymore

#19 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

Shit is destroying my confidence.

Reroll rogue or feral and you'll regain your confidence :)

#20 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:10 AM

Yea, I mean we can come up with the most amazing new ability ideas and whatnot but Blizzard is looking for small, hotfix style changes that don't require more art or development time. The only chance we have to get changes we suggest through is to suggest small, PvP-only changes that don't affect any other aspect of the game. That being said, without adding major changes (adding tools hunters have and we don't) we probably won't be playing with anything besides hunters, but i'd rather be riding on a hunters back in arena than not competing at all.

I also suspect the situation will worsen with more epics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<