• US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1947
  • 3v3: 2351
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2287

Posted 11 July 2015 - 02:39 AM

Blizzard's fault, watch this video to see why.

Edited by Datacuss, 11 July 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#2 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:48 AM

There is a lot more reasons why rBG's are dead then just incentives.

Sure, let's throw in a cool mount for 50 rBG wins (using that number a place-holder, not quite sure if that was the actual number you needed I don't remember). People will play 50 wins and then they aren't going to queue again. Sure that might boost activity temporarily, but it's a band-aid to a bigger problem.

Looking at the ladders right now, the same exact people have been on the front two pages of rBG ladder since like, shit, S14 maybe? It's obvious there is extremely low activity in rBG's and to be honest, I actually have no idea how either of those two teams (Abn / Bailamos) find it fun farming 1600-1900 teams for hours and hours on end, but that's a different issue.

The player base is probably the biggest reason why rBG's are dead. You players killed your own bracket by your damn self. No amount of "item incentive" will matter if Joe is sitting at his computer with a caution sign thru his network status. Even to this day, you top teams still cheat against each other, you still sell pilots, and you still only play with the same "clique" of people. It doesn't matter how many random cosmetic things you throw into rBG's, that bracket it literally aids due to the DDoS'ing fiasco of MoP.

Another reason is because a huge portion of the PvP community that still takes PvP seriously already have all the titles that rBG gives. So why go through the misery of playing them "competitively" knowing there is a very large chance the other team is just going to cheat for +6 to +13 points at 2100 (because MMR is horrid in rBGs)?

Bottom line is, if you want rBG's to become competitive again, do something about it as a player base. Don't just complain that there isn't enough cosmetic things in there, or that MMR is shit. S9 there was way less cosmetic titles/mounts then there is now and participation was HUGE that season.

My 2 cents.

#3 Datacuss

Datacuss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:10 AM

There is a lot more reasons why rBG's are dead then just incentives.

Sure, let's throw in a cool mount for 50 rBG wins (using that number a place-holder, not quite sure if that was the actual number you needed I don't remember). People will play 50 wins and then they aren't going to queue again. Sure that might boost activity temporarily, but it's a band-aid to a bigger problem.

Looking at the ladders right now, the same exact people have been on the front two pages of rBG ladder since like, shit, S14 maybe? It's obvious there is extremely low activity in rBG's and to be honest, I actually have no idea how either of those two teams (Abn / Bailamos) find it fun farming 1600-1900 teams for hours and hours on end, but that's a different issue.

The player base is probably the biggest reason why rBG's are dead. You players killed your own bracket by your damn self. No amount of "item incentive" will matter if Joe is sitting at his computer with a caution sign thru his network status. Even to this day, you top teams still cheat against each other, you still sell pilots, and you still only play with the same "clique" of people. It doesn't matter how many random cosmetic things you throw into rBG's, that bracket it literally aids due to the DDoS'ing fiasco of MoP.

Another reason is because a huge portion of the PvP community that still takes PvP seriously already have all the titles that rBG gives. So why go through the misery of playing them "competitively" knowing there is a very large chance the other team is just going to cheat for +6 to +13 points at 2100 (because MMR is horrid in rBGs)?

Bottom line is, if you want rBG's to become competitive again, do something about it as a player base. Don't just complain that there isn't enough cosmetic things in there, or that MMR is shit. S9 there was way less cosmetic titles/mounts then there is now and participation was HUGE that season.

My 2 cents.

Well tbh, Fresh titles in S9 plus Hero meant 100x more back then when no one had it. I mean people are always saying the player base needs to do some thing well, a lot of people are using curse now. Blizzard started finally banning hackers so that isn't a issue either atm. The problem is we literally have no motivation besides it's fun having bailamos vs abn games. Rating doesn't even exist in RBG's to most players any more because it's so hard to obtain

You say all this stuff like a lot of other AJ posters but it simply isn't true. For me personally I haven't seen teams getting ddosed but even if there is how can you stop that besides protecting your own IP?

I've played 22 games on my druid I'm at 1788 while constantly fighting 2k+ teams. 10 points a game at 30 mins with forming/queue/game is simply not fun.

#4 Datacuss

Datacuss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:12 AM

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

Edited by Datacuss, 11 July 2015 - 05:08 AM.

#5 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

Well tbh, Fresh titles in S9 plus Hero meant 100x more back then when no one had it. I mean people are always saying the player base needs to do some thing well, a lot of people are using curse now. Blizzard started finally banning hackers so that isn't a issue either atm. The problem is we literally have no motivation besides it's fun having bailamos vs abn games. Rating doesn't even exist in RBG's to most players any more because it's so hard to obtain

You say all this stuff like a lot of other AJ posters but it simply isn't true. For me personally I haven't seen teams getting ddosed but even if there is how can you stop that besides protecting your own IP?

I've played 22 games on my druid I'm at 1788 while constantly fighting 2k+ teams. 10 points a game at 30 mins with forming/queue/game is simply not fun.

I understand this issue, part of it is the game is just decaying man. A lot of people have openly expressed that they don't like rBG's, so it shouldn't be shocking in an expansion that already is really bad that a lot of people aren't queuing rBGs. Shit you could tell me I could get a full set of gear 4 weeks before anybody who doesn't queue rBG's and I'd probably still avoid them at all costs.

edit: To be fair, I do agree. If rBG's offered something fresh, new and creative it would get people back into that bracket. Right now most people don't have any motivation to queue them, mixed with the whole cheating fiasco of MoP (not just ddos, but even wintrading).

They should have made the title like Gladiator, you have to re-earn it every season, not sure why they didn't.

Edited by drzy, 11 July 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#6 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

it's cus they're boring as shit not because blizz doesn't offer us stuff

#7 Datacuss

Datacuss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

it's cus they're boring as shit not because blizz doesn't offer us stuff

I disagree, but that's my opinion. I think 5v5, and RBG's are more fun than 3v3 but not every one thinks that. 3v3 is too comp based for my taste I like out playing and winning based off skill not my class/spec/comp. I can't even play with my friends in 3s most of the time because I can play 2 comps or some thing like that as a rdruid. Fighting for objectives is a lot of fun for a lot of people.

#8 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:17 AM

dunno how thats even an argument when bailamos has straight up said in some vod that rbgs are just as comp based as 3s.

theres like 1-2 "good" comps u can run in rbgs then you can replace 1-2 of those roles with different caster varients and there you go.

dont kid urself man

#9 Nogahn

Nogahn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:04 AM

dunno how thats even an argument when bailamos has straight up said in some vod that rbgs are just as comp based as 3s.

theres like 1-2 "good" comps u can run in rbgs then you can replace 1-2 of those roles with different caster varients and there you go.

dont kid urself man

wow stop crying kid.

ye rbgs have certain "comps" but in RBGs it's much more important how good your team mates are.
You can play the best comp in the game but if for example your lock doesn't know how to peel for the healers and how to setup cross-cc you would be better with another DPS.

In RBGs hunters are considered shit but nonetheless I was able to be in the top20 in RBGs last season because I made my class work.
I was almost 300 rating above any other legit hunter because I knew what the my team needs and could deliver.
This means abusing Knockbacks, exotic defense strategies, winning 1on1s easily, peeling for your healer and FC.
Yes RBGs are comp based but those comps are based around 8 classes and the rest can be replaced by another one (random DPS-slots).
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

#10 Cocoapuffs

Cocoapuffs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2368
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 11 July 2015 - 08:05 AM

This is so true and also applies to arena to some extent. The player base imo is what has ruined and still is ruining PvP in general a lot more than any shitty game mechanic or how broken any class might be.

#11 Dweezilsx6

Dweezilsx6
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2208
  • RBG: 1697

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Part of the issue that some people haven't touched on, is that RBG's have such a high skill cap. The reason this is "bad" is because it is sooooo hard for new players to do well in everything from finding 9 other players to actually winning a game.

This is especially true now that you only get 20 points per win past 1500. Also with the fact that there are only 2 good teams, new players cannot win or gain rating, it is impossible.

The current mmr system in wow is fine, it is the same system that so many games use, but it dosn't work when the ladder has so few people on it, and for that reason it needs to be changed.

I didn't start RBG until s14 but I was lucky that I had prior arena experience and could actually push rating on my own, if I was a new player, I don't see how it would have been possible to get anything better than 1700-1800 rating.

Basically, the only way to get high rated is if you are already good and have good friends. New/players teams cannot get high rating because of the rating cap and the fact that they get farmed by the 2 good teams and even 2k dodge teams...

#12 Cozenerlol

Cozenerlol
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1901
  • 3v3: 2157
  • RBG: 1525
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

And nothing of value was lost.
Posted Image

#13 God

God
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents:

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:18 PM

Were they ever really popular?

#14 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 19 July 2015 - 01:51 PM

Were they ever really popular?

in cata the majority of eu players went alliance initially just for better rbg racials (human hello), in cata rbgs were stupidly popular yes

what has happened to rbgs is pretty much the same as what is happening to arenas, just rbgs managed to achieve their peak and then complete decline over the space of an expansion and a half, while arenas have lasted reasonably well until mid/end of mop

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 19 July 2015 - 01:51 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#15 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:14 PM

lifes hard when u and ur buds spent $70 each on the warlock script but u cant even get a q :'(

#16 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

They've never been alive.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#17 Imahacker

Imahacker
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Medivh
  • Embuscade / Hinterhalt
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • LocationLiechtenstein

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

I disagree, but that's my opinion. I think 5v5, and RBG's are more fun than 3v3 but not every one thinks that. 3v3 is too comp based for my taste I like out playing and winning based off skill not my class/spec/comp. I can't even play with my friends in 3s most of the time because I can play 2 comps or some thing like that as a rdruid. Fighting for objectives is a lot of fun for a lot of people.

I agree with what you said data, but you guys don't q against abn sometimes cause he runs 3 locks, I also remember seeing a screenshot of you and him talking on your twitter, where he told you what he will run . I just think you/bail should not care as much as running a specific comb, you should just test your skills vs abn since he q's literally 24/7 to see some good ball games.. i mean it's not fun playing those 1,6 teams that just yolo to get their 3 wins a week, just my POV

#18 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

RBGs were alive until everyone who tried to play them seriously got DDOSed until they didn't feel like playing anymore.

Also people running stupid shit and then wondering why they can't get anyone to queue into their 6 shadow priests spamming cascade.

Edited by Regent, 20 July 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#19 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

idk, to this day i honestly think nobody queues rbgs because of the whole wintrade/ddos shit storm in late cata / entire of mop.

its hilarious seeing people like datacus make this topic though. s13 this guy played with splatted, you guys literally hit off anybody you could for rating lmao.

then he wonders why rbgs are dead

#20 Izirak

Izirak
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0
  • RBG: 2106
  • LocationGA

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

I really enjoyed rbgs at first. Getting DDOSd several times before changing my skype is def the reason I no longer do anything other than yolo rbgs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<