Photo

How to not get destroyed by Warrior/Holy Paladin as Disc/Frost DK?

frost disc discipline DK priest warrior holy paladin holy paladin 2v2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Commissarx

Commissarx
  • Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:35 AM

Ok so me and my friend came across this comp in 2v2 and we couldn't do anything. I get absolutely destroyed with the Warrior's constant training and when we manage to get the Paladin to low HP he just bubbles and instant casts his way to full HP before I even have the chance to MD.

Here's what I use:

Spectral Guise
Body and Soul
From Darkness Comes Light
Psychic Scream
Power Infusion
Divine Star(for FDCL procs)
Saving Grace

and

Glyph of MD
Glyph of Penance
Glyph of Shadow Magic

Any tips are appreciated on how to handle this.

#2 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:11 AM

I haven't played 2s since before 6.1 so I don't know how up to date this is right now,

but I don't think you can win this. The only thing you can try is to run reflective shield instead of shadow magic and roots instead of fear. Have your dk tunnel the Paladin while you drag the warrior with you behind LOS and try to slowly kill him on your own.

This won't work against any decent team though.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#3 ContortedTV

ContortedTV
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1768
  • 3v3: 2757
  • RBG: 384

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

You should be playing Feathers instead of Body and Soul.

Drop Glyph of Penance, get Glyph of Fade over Aura Mastery (10% damage reduction on top of Focused Will is very noticeable every 30s as dumb as it sounds, and priest heals are pretty bad outside Penance/Saving Grace anyways). Can take Weakened Soul over Glyph of Penance. I don't actually think Glyph of Penance is 100% needed, since priests have a lot of very useful Glyphs.

Your DK (should) be able to get Bubble from Paladin somewhat quickly. You shouldn't be dying THAT fast.

Not sure how I feel about roots... they should get insta-freedom'd so I'd think Psychic Scream and even Dominate Mind would be better. Psychic Scream for interrupt on pally's when going offensive = win.

Tbh I'm guessing you're not playing aggressive enough. I don't know who should win in this matchup at 2.4+ because I've never played Priest/DK. But I know from just playing against War/Hpal it usually goes into pretty deep dampening.

If your DK gets a peel on you, try to kite warrior with feathers around pillar/spectral guise mount to get away.

Keep in mind disc is my alt, but that's my two cents.

EDIT: Probably going to get flamed so hard for saying Glyph Fade and drop Glyph of Penance lol

EDIT2: Is an ARMS warrior training you, or a fury warrior? Arms shouldn't be able to just train you and kill you quickly.

Edited by ContortedTV, 07 July 2015 - 03:23 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Commissarx

Commissarx
  • Members

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

It was an Arms Warrior, sorry for not mentioning that. He can't burst me instantly but after a while I can't take the training. Maybe I should give feathers a try but I don't think that roots will help that much and I prefer fear a lot more. To be honest I don't think that the Warrior is the problem, the Paladin is what annoys me the most and it seems that I have to try ten times more to beat a Holy Paladin than any other healer. Should I even bother spamming dispel on the Paladin? Thanks for the glyph suggestions, I will look into it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frost, disc, discipline, DK, priest, warrior, holy paladin, holy, paladin, 2v2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<