Scrub Warlock needs basic help in WLS

3v3 wls warlock pov help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rumtumtugger

Rumtumtugger
  • Members

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

Greetings my N-words, It is none other than I, the Legendary Rumtum. I have some basic questions which im hoping you locks can answer once you get some time from hollering at hawt female night elves (i hear they put out).

I played in vanilla but havent played since wrath and just reupped my account to play WLS in 3s with two of my long time friends, and i havea couple very basic questions.

1) what are my stat priorities, im thikning master or haste but it is hard to find everyone with the same gear. Its hard to armory people as im stupid with computers and dont know how to put special characters over letters.

2) what addons do you use for arena. I remmeber back in the day gladius was good. What addons will allow me to target players better and which will show me player cooldowns etc.

3) What macros should i be using?

4) Basically what is my role in a 3s WLS combo. Im playing right now at sub 1000 level so im pretty shitty and not askin specefic strats on specific comps as im not playing at the level yet where KFC or God comp is kicking my ass. In general if im playing a 1 healer. 2 dps team what should i do? I was thinking me and warrior start on 1 dps, CC another. and i spread dots on healer but that makes it hard to CC when going for kill. Do i spread dots on all 3 players? or do i spread dots on both dps and CC healer? Just a basic strat will help immensely as i want to perform competitively.

6) I have read alot about using the demonic gateway offensively, what does this mean and how do i affectively achieve this.

7) I know these are alot of questions but the Legendary Rumtum would be entirely grateful if he can get some insight as to his role in this comp.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am Rumtumtugger, and I am a curious Lock.

Thanks,

Legendary Rumtum

#2 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 04 July 2015 - 09:18 AM

Rumtum um sure that's a kids tv entertainer

#3 MissLindie

MissLindie
  • Members
  • LocationScotland

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:03 PM

Haste affects everything, where as mastery just affects your dots, so haste is a often preferred... but both are just fab.
Omnibar is great.
Different things for different comps. Discuss with your partners your strat. Though right now you can get away with just dotting all the things. Your fear has a pretty good damage threshold anyway and will cause enough pressure.
Aside from offensive ports for obvious things like positioning etc, could be a reference to the 4set bonus in which demonic circle grants 1300 versatility but you'll find a lot of players weren't running the set bonus.
Just play until your comfortable.

#4 Whooj

Whooj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2056
  • 3v3: 2248
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1667

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

1) Haste>Mastery>Versatility>Multistrike/Crit; Haste enchants on everything you can

2) Gladius for your frames; Omnibar to track enemy CC; GladiatorLosSa if you need to hear audio of every cooldown as it happens; Platebuffs or Tidyplates if you like seeing DoTs and CD's on nameplates

3) Fear and Spell Lock Arena1/2/3 or Focus and some way to quickly set focus; Dark Soul + On-Use trinket; I macro pet sacrifice into pet attack for warlock and spriest games; Unbound Will/Blood Horror on same macro helps; Howl/Mortal Coil/Shadowfury on same macro helps

4) Basically focus on spreading DoTs, keeping soulburn haunt buff up, haunt + darksoul on kill target when your warrior has burst. Keep Fears rolling on enemy healer to help set up burst windows. It's better to Fear->Fear half DR->Fear Quarter DR to maximize CC time before DR resets. Fear enemy damage cooldowns when you can to peel. Use silence to stop enemy CC (like Deep Freeze->Polymorph). Coordinate your kicks with your warrior, he should be mass reflecting what he can too. There's a balance to DoTing healer for pressure (like dampening) and not DoTing to allow full fears (most of the game). Experiment and find the balance that works for you.

6) 4 Set Bonus + Port = 1300 Versatility = 10% dmg buff; Last season warlocks broke this set for better itemized versatility gear. You'll usually be using that defensively. Re-positioning Gateway mid-fight to allow your warrior a quick retreat is the "offensive" use.

7) Your role is to spread pressure, stop the enemy team from doing what they want, and prolong the game until your DoTs are too much to handle.

The best way to learn how to deal with specific comps is to experiment with your gameplans and be willing to switch to healer for kills.
http://www.twitch.tv/scuzzyseven/

For your chill warlock streaming pleasure, or whatever else I'm up to.

#5 Whooj

Whooj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2056
  • 3v3: 2248
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1667

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

Doublepost apparently

Edited by Whooj, 05 July 2015 - 06:13 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/scuzzyseven/

For your chill warlock streaming pleasure, or whatever else I'm up to.

#6 jaliscoautuick

jaliscoautuick
  • Members

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:46 AM

Well written, can't really add much to what has been stated by Hojobotban.

I affirm, however, that is everything you gotta try, do, learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<