• US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1803
  • RBG: 1656

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:20 AM

Yello,

My brothers and I are going to run Rogue/Dk/MW this season. Just wondering if any top players have had any success with this comp?

What spec would you recommend mut or sub? Currently I'm mut to account for my skill level but open to try sub if it suits comp better.

What is the general strat? Is it just a train healer comp or it more focused on setting up a full kidney smokebomb on a dps without a trinket? Any other sexy plays?

Currently we feel like we're lacking a bit of cc, are there any good chains we should aim to set up? Any other tips or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any help,

#2 Blameshift

Blameshift
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/2/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2722
  • RBG: 1772

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:30 AM

yeah pretty sure that Getonmyswag guy played some dk/rog/mw pretty high. Pretty sure the general strat is to train healers (dont actually play it just assuming).

#3 Unkk

Unkk
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1910
  • 3v3: 2773
  • RBG: 1487

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

Played this to only like 2200 last season since i found it so damn limited, i did however play with a resto druid which felt pretty bad. But it's like any other "blow all your CDs fast as fuck comp" and that's about momentum. You need your opponents on the defensive as much as possible and you can pretty much kill anything in a kidney > smoke. As such i would almost recommend combat for it but no idea how that would work now. We pretty much ran in, blew a bunch of CD's on their healer, then killed said healer or DPS that had trinket down in a smoke, hence the name of the comp. Any decent RMD/Godcomp gave us tons of trouble though and it's pretty braindead boring comp so, stopped playing it.

We did however in general train healers for the most part, but a bad trinket from a DPS is also pretty much a free kill if u have some CD's to blow.
Please review the signature guidelines.

#4 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1803
  • RBG: 1656

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

Awesome, thanks for the advice

#5 Lacuss

Lacuss

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

always seemed like an awkward RLD to me with all the rot. I've messed around with smokebomb cleave as sub and mut, they both seem to work well. With mut You could blow every cd in the book against any Druid/sham/priest heals and probably win right there up to 1900/2k

#6 xogen

xogen
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2046
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:08 AM

Yee gonna play smokebomb later in the season with my friend we were 2,7k with smokebomb last season and then I went to army. I'm playing the DK and the spec to go is 2H frost, DW frost is not good for smokebomb since it doesn't have the burst needed. Go full versa stack, rogue is playing combat. Some comps you train healer and some you go dps with kidney on dps and asphyxiate on the healer. Generally we went healers when it was rsham, disc, mw monk, druid. Sometimes we open dps and force healer trinket sometimes we go straight healer. It really depends on comp. Like Disc ret hunter we go hunter. Etc not always healer. You have to test it out to see but don't play it as train healer comp since it isn't that braindamaged no matter what people say. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rogue, dk, mw, smokebomb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<