Photo

ret friend started playing again. can we make a non-terrible comp out of the following?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

i'll just list what each of us can and will play:

friend 1: only ret
friend 2: mage, shadow priest, windwalker (monk is by far his best class, but it's on the opposite faction; with that being said, if going WW would make a huge difference, i think he'd be willing to transfer)
me: rdruid, rsham, MW monk

AFAIK hunter is the best dps to pair with a ret, but friend 2 refuses to play theirs.

what combination sucks the least? and do you think it will be possible to play that combination competitively? at least two of us intend to attempt a real push this season.

thank you

#2 Ozar

Ozar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/./1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2055
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:09 PM

Ret Mage Rdruid or Ret Shadow Rdruid is probably your best bet imo

#3 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

Ret Mage Rdruid or Ret Shadow Rdruid is probably your best bet imo

is that a catastrophically shitty setup, or do you think it's workable? and out of curiosity, why do you suggest druid over shaman? i was thinking of playing the latter since my last season was largely with monk/druid. is it more of an issue between ret/sham, or does sham not pair well with priest/mage?

#4 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

and out of curiosity, why do you suggest druid over shaman?

You are going to need the extra cc to kill anything.

#5 Ozar

Ozar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/./1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2055
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

is that a catastrophically shitty setup, or do you think it's workable? and out of curiosity, why do you suggest druid over shaman? i was thinking of playing the latter since my last season was largely with monk/druid. is it more of an issue between ret/sham, or does sham not pair well with priest/mage?

Ret Mage Rdruid and Ret Shadow Rdruid are certainly workable comps that can be played at a really high level if played right. I suggest Druid over shaman because the extra cc is needed, and if you played with a shaman you would have limited cc making kills hard. The issue is that if you played with a shaman you couldn't play with a WW because of the paralysis DR and the Poly DR with Hex so it isn't as strong.

#6 Trevo

Trevo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1517
  • 3v3: 1697

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

Ret mage rduid might work, you've got to go for HoJ on your dmg target and Deep -> Sheep / Ring on the other target at the same time.

Resto druid is the best bet for healing I guess, since you've got the clones that don't DR with anything in your team.

It's not that of a horrible setup, you'll have some counters but you'll also win some games. It can be suprisingly good vs some setups
Kebabman's everything

#7 Fabulousz

Fabulousz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1801
  • 3v3: 2504
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

any team composition you decide on with those classes will unfortunately be pretty turd. either of the comps below

ret sp rsham - really fun comp; kill healers (don't need to be that one dimensional though)
ret mage rdruid - ret mage will always be a dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<