Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 20:58. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

ret friend started playing again. can we make a non-terrible comp out of the following?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

i'll just list what each of us can and will play:

friend 1: only ret
friend 2: mage, shadow priest, windwalker (monk is by far his best class, but it's on the opposite faction; with that being said, if going WW would make a huge difference, i think he'd be willing to transfer)
me: rdruid, rsham, MW monk

AFAIK hunter is the best dps to pair with a ret, but friend 2 refuses to play theirs.

what combination sucks the least? and do you think it will be possible to play that combination competitively? at least two of us intend to attempt a real push this season.

thank you

#2 Ozar

Ozar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/./1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2055
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:09 PM

Ret Mage Rdruid or Ret Shadow Rdruid is probably your best bet imo

#3 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

Ret Mage Rdruid or Ret Shadow Rdruid is probably your best bet imo

is that a catastrophically shitty setup, or do you think it's workable? and out of curiosity, why do you suggest druid over shaman? i was thinking of playing the latter since my last season was largely with monk/druid. is it more of an issue between ret/sham, or does sham not pair well with priest/mage?

#4 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:34 PM

and out of curiosity, why do you suggest druid over shaman?

You are going to need the extra cc to kill anything.

#5 Ozar

Ozar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/1/./1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2055
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

is that a catastrophically shitty setup, or do you think it's workable? and out of curiosity, why do you suggest druid over shaman? i was thinking of playing the latter since my last season was largely with monk/druid. is it more of an issue between ret/sham, or does sham not pair well with priest/mage?

Ret Mage Rdruid and Ret Shadow Rdruid are certainly workable comps that can be played at a really high level if played right. I suggest Druid over shaman because the extra cc is needed, and if you played with a shaman you would have limited cc making kills hard. The issue is that if you played with a shaman you couldn't play with a WW because of the paralysis DR and the Poly DR with Hex so it isn't as strong.

#6 Trevo

Trevo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1517
  • 3v3: 1697

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

Ret mage rduid might work, you've got to go for HoJ on your dmg target and Deep -> Sheep / Ring on the other target at the same time.

Resto druid is the best bet for healing I guess, since you've got the clones that don't DR with anything in your team.

It's not that of a horrible setup, you'll have some counters but you'll also win some games. It can be suprisingly good vs some setups
Kebabman's everything

#7 Fabulousz

Fabulousz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1801
  • 3v3: 2504
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

any team composition you decide on with those classes will unfortunately be pretty turd. either of the comps below

ret sp rsham - really fun comp; kill healers (don't need to be that one dimensional though)
ret mage rdruid - ret mage will always be a dream.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users