• Talents: Assassination 1/1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1632
  • 3v3: 1850
  • 5v5: 1052
  • RBG: 1890
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

this line is so damn wrong
we can do retarded wombo-combo mongo dmg with high envenom crits -> envenom = poison -> stack mastery -> win!

Envenom isn't poison dependent. you can envenom without any poisons applied, and still does same damage for the envenom itself. It used to be taht way when we could have 5 stacks of deadly posion it would consume all the stacks for more damage.

It just increases poison application by 30 percent now. But i did just see this Empowered Envenom (Level 92+)
[color=#FFD100 !important]While Envenom is active, you deal 30% more damage with Mutilate and Dispatch.[/color]

#22 Dollyo

Dollyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Los Errantes
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604
  • 3v3: 2770
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1635
  • LocationAlgeciras, Spain

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:23 AM

you are wrong :D

combat dropps after 6sec doing nothing -> while blinded you do nothing -> combat dropps -> u can vanish/sap

Ah ofc I know that, but I thought that the OP said that INSTANTLY when you blind, the target drops combat. Misunderstood what the OP wanted to say sorry :(
Posted Image

#23 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

It is instamt. That and NE shafowmeld afaik

#24 Vaneesh

Vaneesh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:29 AM

mastery increases envenom damage :ph34r:

#25 Weirdkid

Weirdkid
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Barthilas
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/1/2/1/2/0

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hi! There are 4 stuns in the standard opener for Subtlety. Is the last CS supposed to be something else??

Standard Opener: Premed+SnD>CS (garrote into cs if mage, stand in front of him so you aren't rooted just out of melee range)>Rupture>Shadow Dance>2x Ambush>Kidney Shot>MfD+Evis>Ambush>CS>Evis>CS>Ambush

#26 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1926

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

Envenom isn't poison dependent. you can envenom without any poisons applied, and still does same damage for the envenom itself. It used to be taht way when we could have 5 stacks of deadly posion it would consume all the stacks for more damage.

It just increases poison application by 30 percent now. But i did just see this Empowered Envenom (Level 92+)
[color=#FFD100 !important]While Envenom is active, you deal 30% more damage with Mutilate and Dispatch.[/color]

it seems like you dont want to get it
ofc its not poison dependent
IT IS POISON DMG -> mastery increases it

got it?

#27 Teksen

Teksen
  • Members

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

hey, nice guide helped me good so far. i've got a question tho: whats up with this vanish/envenom combo? i dont see why i have to vanish :o im rog newb sorry

#28 Raak

Raak
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Assassination

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

hey, nice guide helped me good so far. i've got a question tho: whats up with this vanish/envenom combo? i dont see why i have to vanish :o im rog newb sorry

Assa 4 set bonus gives 5 cps and 100% crit on next envenom/muti/dispatch/ambush when you vanish.
Posted Image

#29 Teksen

Teksen
  • Members

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

oh ok, thanks :D

#30 flameskiller

flameskiller
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

not useful at all just press ks and its ok :)

#31 flameskiller

flameskiller
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Very good Guide ! :)

#32 ChipSkylark

ChipSkylark
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1528
  • RBG: 1561

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

Shadow reflection is stronger than DFA now, especially with the nerf.

And while you are correct that the shadow does not receive your vendetta buff, if you cast SR before Vendetta, the SR will also use vendetta. So they work together perfectly.

#33 Figures

Figures
  • Members

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys, a rogue here, very new to arena. After reading this guide inside out, i certainly feel far more confident about rogues. If it's alright, I have a few questions. Assuming I know nothing about rogue arena, and assuming every question is asked on the basis that I only care about 3v3. These are all questions about arena, pretty much.

1. My first question is one that's been putting me off rogues for a long while. I don't know how to open - in any arena situation. If it helps, I play a combat rogue. It sounds bad, and I'm not lazy when it comes to learning - but there's so many spells that seem important and I simply don't know what to do in any situation, ranging from opening offensively and cc'ing nearby healers or opening on casters or anything. I don't want to sound so silly when I say that, but that is my first question, openers.

2. Secondly, I'd like to ask about shadow reflection. When do I use it, in what situation and why - if that's ok. I'm not sure whether I should use the spell for large burst or to use for longer lasting cc. I simply don't know where the spell stands.

3. The third question is a far wider subject - CC. I'd like to know how to cc and when, what spells I should be using and in what situations. I can keybind fine, so i'd like to know anything you guys know.

4. My final question, again a very wide subject - is about cd's and their proper use - when and why you use them. These being Killing Spree, Adrenaline Rush, DfA and also as mentioned above, shadow reflection.

Thanks guys. My apologies for a lengthy post, but hopefully you can get back to me. I main a hunter, so obviously rogues are kind of misty considering hunters don't have to rely on as many buttons.

Hope everyone is having a good day!!

#34 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

I'll do my best to answer these for you, but understand that a lot of the cc/cd options come down to the comp you're playing, if something I mention seems basic, the sad truth is that's just because it is.

1. You'll open the same way for everything except for mages: Marked for Death>Kidney Shot. Mages you will garrote, then MfD>Kidney. The only reason you garrote mages first is so that they cannot immediately blink away from you. That's really all there is to it. Obviously you'll want to sap another target beforehand, or if possible (meaning you're not hurting your teammates by triggering a stun DR) cheapshot another target if possible. You don't want to run away to get a cheapshot off on someone else, but if the team is grouped up you have the option to do this, usually on the other dps. However, if you are playing with a mage, a general rule of thumb is to not sap the healer as it DR's the mage's deep>sheep combo.

2. I believe most people agree that the main benefit from SR is still the extended kidney shot. It helps locking down someone in smokebomb, or in swaps to healers. The only way you'll be getting more damage out of it is in combined use with Adrenaline Rush.

3. Again, what you can do with your CC varies depending on the comp you're playing. Your blind DR's with most of what your partners will be using, so generally you want to have them prioritize their CC (Spammable fear/cyclone) before you use yours. Often times you'll have chances to use vanish offensively to garrote/cheapshot the whole enemy team. (ie. Vanish>Garrote a healer to secure a kill, vanish>cheapshot a turbo off of your mage/healer so they can get a cast off.) The main thing is making sure you're coordinating this with your teammates.

4. The answer to this question again varies depending on your comp, and who you're playing with. The #1 thing is to make sure you're coordinating your CD's with your partners. You see people use KS in their opening kidney, which used in conjunction with the other DPS' cooldowns can actually force a lot of cooldowns from the enemy team. You really just want to make sure you don't use any of your CD's in a situation where your team isn't also playing off of it. For example, don't use kidney shot then killing spree if your partner doesn't get CC on the enemy healer, or if your own healer needs peels.

#35 Vaneesh

Vaneesh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

Shadow reflection is stronger than DFA now, especially with the nerf.

Strictly speaking about Assassination, curious on what peops think of this. I kinda disagree, as DFA remains a decent gap closer (especially when playing ShS), but with Internal Bleeding the Clone can easily do 150k+ over 16seconds.

Edited by Vaneesh, 30 July 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#36 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:28 PM

Is glyph of feint not decent for combat? no mention of it.

#37 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1803
  • RBG: 1656

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:39 AM

I recently swapped glyph of energy for glyph of feint and really enjoy it. I find I rarely cap energy anyway spamming sinister strikes all day and the extra 2 seconds on feint seems to help out a lot for those longer stuns.

I'm not a great player though so take it with a grain of salt.

#38 prokillur

prokillur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection ./././1/././.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:19 PM

what is ppls standard sub dfa opener ? premed slice cheap rupture marked for death dfa then?

#39 Ryokuone

Ryokuone
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Wrathbringer
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1554
  • 3v3: 1712
  • 5v5: 1516
  • RBG: 1513

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

Hi,

which trinket would you suggest for any nonhuman as combat? I go with on use at the moment.

Thx for your answers

#40 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

which trinket would you suggest for any nonhuman as combat? I go with on use at the moment.

Thx for your answers

Proc trinket

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Combat, Assassination, Sub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<