Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 18:08. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Trouble with Trinket Link Macro (Link isn't going off sometimes)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TheDougyfresh

TheDougyfresh

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:31 AM

Is anyone else having trouble with trinket link going off? I just have:

/use trinket
/cast spirit link totem

Every so often it just won't go off even if I'm spamming it. This can lead to a possible death if they land a dr stun or something directly after. Obviously I should prepare for this, but is it similar to druid NS where if you're holding a movement key when you trinket, it won't go off?

Thanks for any help.

#2 Korzul

Korzul
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Doomhammer
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Restoration 2/2/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1533
  • 3v3: 2505
  • RBG: 1327

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:54 AM

Every so often it just won't go off even if I'm spamming it.

It's because when you trinket a cc it's not removed instantly. It takes a couple of tenths of a second for it to clear the cc and thus the rest of your macro won't work unless you're spamming it. Nothing you can do about it, there's always going to be that small gap where they can restun you.

#3 abolishedtehe

abolishedtehe
  • Aboballsack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental
  • 2v2: 1408
  • 3v3: 2917
  • 5v5: 671
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:33 AM

wish i knew... i always just die without linking.

#4 Pika

Pika
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2231
  • 3v3: 2422
  • 5v5: 2073
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

I used to have trinket bound to my mouse and link bound to my keyboard and when I want to trinket link would spam them both at exactly the same time. However, many times my trinket would just fail to go off. My mouse is only a year old and when I tested it out of arena the button would never stick so I was sure there is an issue when you press both at exactly the same time and spam them hard.

So after dying loads to this I made the macro you mentioned and after only using it for two weeks the same issue has happened more then once. I swear there is some rare bug that happens which causes your trinket to not work.

Ive even looked down at my bars while spamming it seen the trinket bind light up as though id pressed it but not go on CD.

Annoying as fuck

#5 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:33 PM

wish i knew... i always just die without linking.

took private lessons from xonika?

Spoiler

#6 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:14 PM

took private lessons from xonika?

Spoiler

i see what u did there ;)

#7 Xonika

Xonika
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1368
  • 3v3: 3096
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1795

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with trinket link going off? I just have:

/use trinket
/cast spirit link totem

Every so often it just won't go off even if I'm spamming it. This can lead to a possible death if they land a dr stun or something directly after. Obviously I should prepare for this, but is it similar to druid NS where if you're holding a movement key when you trinket, it won't go off?

Thanks for any help.

this shouldnt be a big issue u just need to be a bit more aware of when your gona take damage, its very easy to spot out big cds nowadays and the game is so slow outside of cds(last season atleast). even if your fast at trinket linking good players will predict it and can cc your trinket/kill it before partners can get there so dont use it when ur like 10% as a panic button if they have damage inc for you, u can get away with using it to counter enemy cds if your team cant stop/peel them. the way the game is now, u will rarely escape enemy cds without using counter cds, there are so many backups and failsafes its hard to actually fuck up your setup, so focus more on when u want to link instead of using your macro as an "oh shit/panic" button and using it too late, make sure to tell your partners that u will want to link soon/next time they pop cds and u cant peel, maybe try to tell your partners that "if u guys cant stop the next switch on me then il prolly have to link" the reason why im tellin u trinket link macro isnt needed is that i have the worst combined binds for trinket(ctrl-3) and link(shift-c). i now have a trinket link macro with the release of more macro space in WOD but in mop i never had space for this macro.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users