• EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2231
  • 3v3: 2422
  • 5v5: 2073
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:18 PM

I'm probably going to get some abuse for this but anyway....

The final week of last season I met two people on AJ and we played KFC from 2k up to 2450 CR at an MMR of 2700. We won by far the majority of games and I feel like if the season hadn't have finished we could have been considerably higher. I'm telling you this because after the season ended a lot of my friends quit the game and left me without partners to play with. I then quit the game to focus on my degree and started playing again only 2 months ago.

I now spend all my time in WoW looking through the LFG tool desperate to try and find partners to play with. Every single person I queue with either lie about the previous experience or are complete FOTM idiots who are incapable of playing at a higher rating.

I am by no means a rank one shaman but sitting at 2.2k for the past month playing with new people every week is so demoralizing. I constantly fight teams in which I outplay massively yet by team mates are incapable of killing or die without using any CDs. I'm consistency capable of playing to what I believe is a much higher standard. I have a good understanding of arena and each class's mechanics (I have one of each at max level, which I play arena on) and am very willing to try and improve.

I understand the end of the season is in a few days and I'm not asking for anyone to risk their titles to queue with me, but if any of you higher rated players would be willing to try me out next season I would be incredibly grateful. We could even queue alts on skype so you can judge for yourself how good/bad I am before taking the plunge.

If you do take a chance and queue with me next season and find that I am indeed the problem and the reason I'm so low rated then by all means feel free to reply to this topic and tell the community that I am actually fairly shit haha.

Finally, I feel like I should mention I'm not the type of guy who blames everyone else for there problems. If I mess up in arena I will be the first to mention it and am constantly trying to improve in every aspect.

Anyway thanks for reading, I play:
EU alli - resto sham is my main and the one I would most like to push rating on but I can also play disc priest, mage, afflock and warr.

By btag is Menzies#2414

P.S. please no hate?

#2 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:28 PM

GL lfg is dog.

#3 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:49 PM

GL lfg is dog.

at least he is able to use the alliance lfg ;) silver lining and all

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#4 stalebagel

stalebagel
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 2091

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Posted Image

#5 Reedztv

Reedztv
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/1/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2315

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:12 PM

biblethump a

#6 hekumzx

hekumzx

Posted 20 June 2015 - 03:28 AM

eus are cunts neverpartnerx

pogchamp

A comprehensive look at resto shaman, from the inside out - http://i.imgur.com/icr36xO.png

VO1yUL2.png

Official Blizzard Quote:

11/18/10
Balance isn't as easy as some seem to think and often balance is in the eye of the beholder.. We believe priests will be in good shape if not great..

#7 Naraga

Naraga
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2268
  • 3v3: 2565
  • 5v5: 96

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:38 PM

Know people are gonna be trolling OP but he is right.

The issue he mentions stems from two causes:
1: Complete abolishment of server communities. Meaning that unless you are a famous streamer of sorts you know nobody and nobody knows you. Because of this nobody is willing to try out matches unless you are higher cr than they are, and if you don't go 100% win/loss for the first 50 matches you'll never play with them again.

2: There is absolutely nothing you can do as a healer to carry your team, or at least from the perspective from a Disc. Nothing you do has any impact on your winning or losing bar the basic healing you do. Sometimes you face an RMD and you death the blind, silence and dispel the ns, precast mass dispel on IB etc. and still lose. Other times you sit in CC doing fck all the entire game and you win.

In Wotlk there was so much you could do to carry two sub par dps as a disc. Mana burning the enemy healer, preventing their mana regen, good dispels, well timed fears, offensive pressure at just the right moment, getting a perfect drink off. All these things could win matches on their own. Now I feel like a spare wheel that doesn't impact the outcome of a match in any way whatsoever.
S8 ele LSD glad S9 resto shamn glad Thunka

Druid utility is superior to shamans utility already

all the other healers should be buffed up to the point of having a way of not having to outplay 2 dps to survive

Thunka 2.0

disc is way way better than druid.

#8 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2631
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

Know people are gonna be trolling OP but he is right.

The issue he mentions stems from two causes:
1: Complete abolishment of server communities. Meaning that unless you are a famous streamer of sorts you know nobody and nobody knows you. Because of this nobody is willing to try out matches unless you are higher cr than they are, and if you don't go 100% win/loss for the first 50 matches you'll never play with them again.

2: There is absolutely nothing you can do as a healer to carry your team, or at least from the perspective from a Disc. Nothing you do has any impact on your winning or losing bar the basic healing you do. Sometimes you face an RMD and you death the blind, silence and dispel the ns, precast mass dispel on IB etc. and still lose. Other times you sit in CC doing fck all the entire game and you win.

In Wotlk there was so much you could do to carry two sub par dps as a disc. Mana burning the enemy healer, preventing their mana regen, good dispels, well timed fears, offensive pressure at just the right moment, getting a perfect drink off. All these things could win matches on their own. Now I feel like a spare wheel that doesn't impact the outcome of a match in any way whatsoever.

It's exactly the same for DPS not only healers. In MOP there was actually so much I could do to carry a subpar warlock/spriest but now literally all I do is run at a healer and sometimes my pally will die sometimes he won't but any peeling that I might do would only detract from my main responsibility of running at the healer and cause us to lose the game. It's so stupid that WOD rewards retarded gameplay and punishes intelligent/thoughtful gameplay. By running at the healer and doing the most ungodly damage and cleave pressure I learned from slaying dragons in highmaul I have achieved 3k

thanks WOD for allowing my true skills to shine

#9 Soraven

Soraven
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2305
  • 3v3: 2520
  • RBG: 1648

Posted 21 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

Well for starters, first thing you want to do is beat all the 4 celestials in timeless isle and get the achivement ... this is the first sign for dedication!

But now more serious, rating is meaningless, it's only depend on each season inflation.

For the case, some season 2200 is harder than 2600 and vice versa.

Only actual meaning is titles aka rival/duelist/gladiator, no degeradtion, therefore even if you have 2700 achivement from 2 years ago, people will prefer to play with someone duelist last season.

From that the "xxxx *This Season*" term came, realize that till mid cata, people thought 2700 was a God above Gladiator or really old one that most of you didn't even knew existed where people who said "Flawless Victor" title was the same as Gladiator.

What I am saying is, be happy your getting Duelist and show it around proud till you get your next shot for Gladiator, beside, just having Gladiator first time without previous achivement/titles out of the blue, even if your just that good will do you *worse* than good

Sad but true ...
My Parrot blesses you all with Peace and Love and wish we all be Friends!
Posted Image
http://i.imgur.com/WRShPsr.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shaman, resto, Partners, please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users