Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 20:16. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Arms fixes

Overpower Unrelenting Assault Taste For Blood

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 THeFakeStig

THeFakeStig
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/0/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1545
  • 3v3: 1664

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

So who's (0(K do we have to suck to get the old WotLK Overpower/TfB/UA combo back that would once again make Arms...you know Arms. Baseline OP and TfB giving us the old Unrelenting Assault that worked to reduce damage/healing from spells, plus one OP proc every 6 seconds. It would both make the 45 tier an actual choice to make, and provide us with something unique, especially with MS being something that we no longer do better than any other class.

Stacking MS/UA in WotlK was actually fun and engaging. It allowed us to put a hamper on DPS casters that could stuff burst damage in high tension situations, and was a large portion of our damage. It was a way to counter Evasion and before Deterrence became miss and was essentially DbtS(+deflect against spells) when glyphed allowed us to continue to pressure a hunter, and when a DK went RNGeezus on you and parried everything else you had glyphed OP to fall back on and not lose all pressure output.

I'm fine with accepting that we are as of now the class that without a babysitter will end up dying before anyone else, as that has always been true of us.We used to be one of a few with that issue, but with hunters having 100% HP second wind, and double deterrence, and rogues being able to run/recuperate for so long warriors have found themselves stranded out all alone as the lone man in that category. But if I am going to accept that fate I feel like some of our other things need to be unique outside of us being one of the least self-sufficient classes to date.

Sorry for the WoT. Just voicing my concerns. This is my return from WotLK as I haven't played a single session of WoW since Season 8, and I joined this season very late at the request of a friend.

#2 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

Press enter

And we've talked about the state of arms to death, just play fury and wait until next expansion

Edited by Speedymart, 15 June 2015 - 06:30 PM.

Posted Image

#3 THeFakeStig

THeFakeStig
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 15 June 2015 - 07:07 PM

Press enter

And we've talked about the state of arms to death, just play fury and wait until next expansion

Yeah, I guess when I get going I don't really pay attention to paragraphs...in turn return is ignored.

I get that it has been talked to death, but nothing is being done and we are expected to be happy with what we have. On top of that as bad as it is to play arms at some points in time my enjoyment is still greater from playing it than Fury. It may be because of my attachment to it from Vanilla, TBC, WotLK. Or it could just be me being an idiot, but I would still rather play Arms over Fury.

#4 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

On top of that as bad as it is to play arms at some points in time my enjoyment is still greater from playing it than Fury. It may be because of my attachment to it from Vanilla, TBC, WotLK. Or it could just be me being an idiot, but I would still rather play Arms over Fury.

I understand you, same here but the other way around. I've played a bit of Fury in Vanilla and it was always my favourite warrior spec. This is actually the first time it got really viable in Arenas and im loving every second of it. Hope Blizz keeps it that way. Fury Gameplay hasn't been that much fun in a long long time. I can always recommend trying 2x 1handed weaps before you scrap fury completely. Feels a lot different and in my personal opinion also better than Titans Grip Fury.

But yeah as speedy said it, this topic has been talked to death. Arms is pretty lousy right now. I was used to playing it too, cause it was the only viable Warrior Spec in Arenas in the past, but right now it just feels awkward as f*ck. Loved the Idea of having only a few but huge chunks of damage that blizz had prior to the Addon, but as of now you just spread Rend, hammer the keyboard with your face and make sure not too fuck up cc with your whirlwind.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#5 THeFakeStig

THeFakeStig
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 16 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

as of now you just spread Rend, hammer the keyboard with your face and make sure not too fuck up cc with your whirlwind.

Exactly, rend the non-ccc make sure you SS if you can get two people in your burst if you can without breaking CC then dump rage with WW to try and reset your damage dealing abilities. Don't know who at Blizz thought this was a good idea.

I understand you, same here but the other way around. I've played a bit of Fury in Vanilla and it was always my favourite warrior spec. This is actually the first time it got really viable in Arenas and im loving every second of it.

And I have no problems with it remaining a viable spec, but the state of Arms which has for all intensive purposes been the go to PvP spec since I can remember isn't okay, even though we know Blizzard won't do anything about it.

#6 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:26 AM

There is so much else we can do back then. Not like now, feeling doing perfect and can't find a way to improve is not a good thing.
I don't know what they want by simplifying this game. They want us to learn every class, and choose our roles one by one before the match begin? Just like LoL?
It sucks. It's not the reason why I'm back from LoL.
Arena is something not like anything else. Or maybe too much abilities make it hard to balance? Then fuck the balance things.

#7 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:45 AM

Arms was bigger and better back then as other classes were so different

You would sit roots, sure, but you also had a healer that could spam dispell you or you could reflect every 10 seconds, or disarm the trap, among other neat tricks

Now if you get rooted and you healer is in any form of CC from the RMD you're royally fucked.
Posted Image

#8 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:34 AM

Arms was bigger and better back then as other classes were so different

You would sit roots, sure, but you also had a healer that could spam dispell you or you could reflect every 10 seconds, or disarm the trap, among other neat tricks

Now if you get rooted and you healer is in any form of CC from the RMD you're royally fucked.

The old way, you would rip people in half when you were on them, now you sit in a root for 4 days and then once you reach your target you burst them for 20k...

#9 grisenx

grisenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2517
  • 3v3: 2627
  • 5v5: 2162
  • RBG: 958

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

...once you reach your target you burst them for 20k...

JK 160k siegebreaker

Edited by grisenx, 17 June 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#10 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

JK 160k siegebreaker as fury.

Fixed that.
It's not even about the damage. The cleave part is more then fine. Single target is being buffed inc patch. But the rotation just feels wrong.
Cs barely matters. Since the only ability that does damage can only be used once within that window. Doing sub par damage compare to fury burst. That can chainproc. Ms does slightly more damage then raging blow. Funny considering fury has no armor debuff.

Apart from other things. Nothing that compares to fury/ prot self healing. It has a glyph that doesn't even work on your own heals.
No enrage thus loses the 20% speed glyph. No piercing howl to make up for it.

So apart from having good cleave it is the most vurnerable and least mobile spec. And has the least rewarding rotation/ burst.
Posted Image

#11 THeFakeStig

THeFakeStig
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:29 PM

Fixed that.
It's not even about the damage. The cleave part is more then fine. Single target is being buffed inc patch. But the rotation just feels wrong.
Cs barely matters. Since the only ability that does damage can only be used once within that window. Doing sub par damage compare to fury burst. That can chainproc. Ms does slightly more damage then raging blow. Funny considering fury has no armor debuff.

Apart from other things. Nothing that compares to fury/ prot self healing. It has a glyph that doesn't even work on your own heals.
No enrage thus loses the 20% speed glyph. No piercing howl to make up for it.

So apart from having good cleave it is the most vurnerable and least mobile spec. And has the least rewarding rotation/ burst.

100% Agree, Second wind has been gutted so we don't even get rewarded for getting rooted(Still don't understand how it hasn't been changed to baseline with what it does aka not being a viable pick). Where the fuck is Wrecking Crew aka what would make Enraged Speed work for us and give us some semblance of uptime. Piercing Howl has been something in the fury tree forever...but it was always so shallow in the fury tree that we had it. And we at one point had an ability *cough* Overpower *cough* that would punish a rogue for using evasion and standing near a warrior, or when Glyphed would allow a warrior to hurt a DK instead of seeing Parry show up on the screen for 13 abilities in a row.

And our "burst" can range from dropped CDs CS max critted, MS max critted, rend bursted, SD max critted, GG execute range to dropped CDs CS got parried, ms got parried, SD got parried, oh hey a rend tick, lemme WW spam you till I get rooted again.

They've gutted what being a warrior is, an enraged killing machine that you have to keep out of the fight at the expense of doing so making him very difficult to kill. I feel like somebody at Blizz was watching The FIfth Element when they started working on WoD Warriors... "I hate warriors, too narrow-minded. I'll tell you what I do like though: a [pussy without armor, or a big fucking sword]"...fucking Zorg. Should've been thinking like The Hound, "Your [healer]'s dead, and [that warrior isn't] not, 'cause [he] had armor. And a big fucking sword."

#12 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:12 AM

JK 160k siegebreaker

This topic is about arms and you state an ability that is retarded as fury

you're a fucking retard

#13 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

This topic is about arms and you state an ability that is retarded as fury

you're a fucking retard

No need to be this harsh.

But btw. Just been figuring the second time. Why would colossus smash be in the game. As fury can get so much higher crits with the same abilities without armor reduction. Mostly thanks to it's mastery. Not talking about pve ofcourse. I can get 250k mortal strike crits. Too bad anything else then that does noodle damage. (the reason fury once again does higher dps.)

Secondly. Fury auto attacks. If you fail to get rage or procs. Even auto attacks do a fair ammount of damage. I highly doubt the mastery buff will change a lot since of the mortal strike nerf. The mastery just lacks.
Cs doesn't hit that hard. Sudden death does less damage then fury. Even with cs and a damn mastery that increases it's damage.
The 20% execute is only a pve profit.
I do not think whirlwind should be increased by mastery either. Im fine that it deals noodle damage. It's a filler. (Ofc i think whirlwind should never have been there in the first place ofc. Why not whirlwind.)

Overpower should have been the filler no cd, higher rage cost. With a slight damage boost when it hits targets with cs applied.
And as aoe sweeping strikes could have just split 50% of the damage of your overpower to all targets. With a slight damage boost to targets that have rend applied to them.
That would have been a proper ability pruning. With actual meaning to use cs and spread rend on multiple targets.

^I would have liked to play this.
Posted Image

#14 THeFakeStig

THeFakeStig
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:55 PM

No need to be this harsh.

But btw. Just been figuring the second time. Why would colossus smash be in the game. As fury can get so much higher crits with the same abilities without armor reduction. Mostly thanks to it's mastery. Not talking about pve ofcourse. I can get 250k mortal strike crits. Too bad anything else then that does noodle damage. (the reason fury once again does higher dps.)

Secondly. Fury auto attacks. If you fail to get rage or procs. Even auto attacks do a fair ammount of damage. I highly doubt the mastery buff will change a lot since of the mortal strike nerf. The mastery just lacks.
Cs doesn't hit that hard. Sudden death does less damage then fury. Even with cs and a damn mastery that increases it's damage.
The 20% execute is only a pve profit.
I do not think whirlwind should be increased by mastery either. Im fine that it deals noodle damage. It's a filler. (Ofc i think whirlwind should never have been there in the first place ofc. Why not whirlwind.)

Overpower should have been the filler no cd, higher rage cost. With a slight damage boost when it hits targets with cs applied.
And as aoe sweeping strikes could have just split 50% of the damage of your overpower to all targets. With a slight damage boost to targets that have rend applied to them.
That would have been a proper ability pruning. With actual meaning to use cs and spread rend on multiple targets.

^I would have liked to play this.

I think the biggest problem, and the reason they get away with pruning warriors so heavily is that our class is one that has been there from the start and a large majority of the people that immediately choose warrior in their hearts will be a warrior forever. We have one of the most loyal class bases out there. You can batter and beat the class as a whole, and especially the 'main' PvP spec and you will have less people re-roll than any other class out there.

Not to say that we are in an immediately terrible situation in PvP as in WLS, Turbo, Kitty we are still pretty effective and you can even get away with playing it in TSG if you really want to be special and not play to the burst as Fury. The problem is the PvP isn't engaging and feels like I am running around dropping rend on targets we aren't about to CC, hitting MS ever 5.8 seconds and trying to line up my burst with CS. I find myself wishing that I didn't have whirlwind because if given the choice between making my way across the arena to refresh rend on somebody else and dumping rage into WW single target I would generally try to get a rend and some control out instead of doing my first and foremost job, keeping uptime and thus pressure on the main kill target.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Overpower, Unrelenting Assault, Taste For Blood

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users