Konichiwa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:39 PM

So im going to create a second mw monk and i was thinking of trying out a different race then my mains night elf, when looking at ladder there is a wide varyity of races between MW's and i have a few opinions about each race myself but am just posting here to see what other mw's think is a good race to go with.

Night Elf : My mains race, love shadowmelt but i wanna try something different

Gnome : I see alot of MW's playing gnome but im struggling to understand why, a root breaker does not sound very attractive to me personally, maybe im missing the point?

Dwarf : Stoneform is pretty usefull but after the disc silence nerf i kind of lost interest in this because i dont really sit in to many silences these days, might be nice to annoy ferals still tho

Human : not my personal prefference for a healer especially since there are versatility freedom trinkets now

Draenei : Im personally leaning towards draenei, the hot sounds pretty good on paper but ive never actually played one myself, is it actually worth it?

Thoughts?

#2 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

i think human and gnome are kinda ass.
night elf/dwarf/dranei are the obvious racials. dranei is pretty dang good i think, dwarf is kinda meh since you have a short cd aura mastery and i think night elf is the best overall for any healer. minus wotf maybe but that's irrelevant.

maybe i'm missing something though i don't really play monks.

would just go with draenei if you don't want another elf. your racial heals 30% of someones hp instead of 20% since bubble increases healing 50%

#3 Syonz

Syonz
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Sanguino
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

There are lots of gnome monks cause before mana tea was a restoring mana based on your mana pool (Gnomes have 5% extra) also Escape artist was usefull against Monks and Frostjaw's.

For me if i'll start all over again , i would pick Elf , My r-druid is elf and i think cant play without shadowmeld , there is endless situations where shadowmeld is key.

#4 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 03 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

as gnome you can also escape artist the boomkin root+beam
you can port behind a pillar when melee train you and use the escape artist to remove the slow so you can kite easier and buy few seconds
when dk grip+root you after chi torpedo you can remove the root and torpedo away from him
and since its off gcd sometimes its really helpful to remove that slow or root and los cc or if you are slowed and you try to catch some1 for leg sweep

but in general nelf shadowmeld is the best option followed by draenei's gift of naruu since its buffed by 50% on target inside cocoon and also i believe its on holy tree so u can use when spell locked

#5 byitz

byitz
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1417

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:07 AM

I am currently gnome

#6 Frosteye

Frosteye