Konichiwa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

Hey guys so as a mw monk im having trouble with rogue/x (rogue/hunter in particular) openers on me.
Sometimes when they use alot of shit ill just end up using cocoon in the opener which is fine i suppose?
But sometimes i use cocoon and they just go straight through it and im not sure what would be the correct answer to that,
I suppose using nimble+port would be the right answer but im not sure what i should trinket which is my biggest issue with rogue/x
Should i nimble the first stun? follow up stun? maybe even trinket the garrote?
Please give me some advice guys =(

#2 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

im only 2.5 as a mw this season havent played last 1-2months but since no1 is answering in the mw forum will tell you my thoughts and hopefully some1 higher will answer :)

Generally hunter+rogue will destroy you most of the games even through bubble if they pop 5 stack hunter barrage+crows and red buff spree.

Try to put your port in good spot on the open and take their opener in good position where you can safely just nimble+port and los them(for example put port on 1 pillar of nagrand and go the other for the open or put it in the starting room in tol vir and go behind a pillar and u can port back in los) Generally you should never eat all the stuns and silence on the open or you will end dead on that open or you will just pop every cd. Basically just nimble+port the open and this will be enough untill they conncect on you again. When you port u can pre hot/kite around the pillar and be prepared for the next connect on you.

Most of the times i find it really useful to leg sweep rogue+pet after the nimble and then port. This way they will 1) trinket and continue to tunnel so u can full cc him shortly after with para or something or 2) they will just eat the stun and you will prehot yourself after the port and try to kite for a bit and get ready for their next move,
-keep in mind that sometimes rogues just open with evasion to prevent leg sweep and its safer to just para them 1st and stun when they are in para since they cant dodge

Sorry for my bad english and gl :)

#3 Konichiwa

Konichiwa
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 480

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

Thx for the tips, very helpful =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic