Photo

Is their a current Affliction guide anywhere?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

I've never played a wizzzzzard in this game and I'm wanting to learn this whole warlock thing. I think I have the idea down, but I'd like to learn all I can in preparation to try it for srs next season.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1913
  • 3v3: 1987
  • RBG: 1641

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

While some might see this as a troll, this is the legit guide to playing Lock in WoD:

http://www.icy-veins...downs-abilities

You can watch high level streams on Twitch (or vods of Locks), but this is essentially what you do. Don't copy the PvE talents from this, just look up a high lvl Lock on armory.
Posted Image

#3 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2815
  • RBG: 1847

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

For gear setup copy my alt, http://us.battle.net...amoans/advanced

For how to play watch streams of high rated locks and learn from them, copy what they do etc.

twitch.tv/maldiva

only one I can think of off the top of my head
twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#4 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:13 PM

Neoo thanks, I had checked out some of that for managing dot advice (like reapplying agony at 7 seconds etc) does that stand true in pvp?

Chanimal - I already got staff (because I seen most folks with it) and I dicked up and copied Eightiesfan and got gloves+legs as my 2 pc not shoulder/hands. I can see now why that was a mistake.. is the staff thing a big deal? I seen 1h+OH had more Vers..

Does shard regen vastly improve (I'm in blues, so poop for haste) or am I just poop at managing them. I don't know when it's a good idea to soulburn haunts I guess..

I've been watching Warlock streams since wotlk (Filovirus <3) but I've never tried it. I'm in love. I may permanently reroll if I can become confident in my abilities ha.

Thanks for any and all help bros.

One more edit: If I were to play 2s for my elite transmog stuff (and I'm a scrub atm) what class should I run with?

#5 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:53 PM

Why is it that everytime I see their instead of there or the other way around it's a fucking american? Like learn you're(jk im not retarded) your own fucking language.

And as for the thread just learn to fake ua and then you gucci, keep dots up gg.

#6 Chanimal

Chanimal
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/2/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1603
  • 3v3: 2815
  • RBG: 1847

Posted 26 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

Chanimal - I already got staff (because I seen most folks with it) and I dicked up and copied Eightiesfan and got gloves+legs as my 2 pc not shoulder/hands. I can see now why that was a mistake.. is the staff thing a big deal? I seen 1h+OH had more Vers..

Does shard regen vastly improve (I'm in blues, so poop for haste) or am I just poop at managing them. I don't know when it's a good idea to soulburn haunts I guess..

One more edit: If I were to play 2s for my elite transmog stuff (and I'm a scrub atm) what class should I run with?

I use 1h/oh for transmog and to kill totems / mushrooms easier. Doesn't really matter, use whatever transmog you like better. Staff is better because it gives you more haste.

Shard regen goes up with multistrike and haste, but it's pretty bad if you don't proc the 2p. You want 100% uptime on SB: haunt, but of course you want enough shards to have it up for dark soul

Play HPal Lock / Sham lock 2s, prob the best twos comp for locks atm

Why is it that everytime I see their instead of there or the other way around it's a fucking american? Like learn you're(jk im not retarded) your own fucking language.

And as for the thread just learn to fake ua and then you gucci, keep dots up gg.

relax a little ?? you can't be serious

Edited by Chanimal, 26 May 2015 - 02:56 PM.

twitch.tv/chanimaly follow me!

#7 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

relax a little ?? you can't be serious

Posted Image

#8 kleinebibi

kleinebibi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/1/1/././.

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

No idea if this is helpful for you but i did an Affliction RBG guide some time ago. Most things still valid in s3.

Painfully... it is written in german...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ho19b66ougdeugl/Affliction_guide_rbg_V1.pdf

#9 abolishedtehe

abolishedtehe
  • Aboballsack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental
  • 2v2: 1408
  • 3v3: 2917
  • 5v5: 671
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:31 PM

youre going backwards feddx... normally people start off wow by being fking wasters on AJ and posting negative shit then get good and stop. Dont start going backwards mate youve already done the hard part.

#10 Metaclassx

Metaclassx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1688
  • 3v3: 2242
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:43 PM

http://us.battle.net...pic/18300227217