• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

http://www.amazon.co...=A2OBYCPECCAAML

anyone bought this or have any kind of similar keyboard to this

looking into buying a new one but can't find a review for this thing that isn't in chinese

#2 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

right now i have a choc mini 75% red switches but i don't rly like the sound of the red

#3 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:45 PM

im not an uber keyboard nerd but i know a lot of the theory and have tried all of the cherry mx variants at least. i also used to do type racing (just for fun though, my work isn't typing directly, but i could maintain ~700 cpm which is 140 wpm on long texts/paragraphs, i.e. copying book quotes of 3-4 paragraphs or 5 minute nonstop marathons) so i didn't look at it just from a gaming point of view. i don't have access to a lot of the 'hard to get' shit in russia and i just never went as far as soldering shit myself.

anyway

if you mostly play RTS or RPG shit where every button press matters and there's mostly decision making in the game itself, i'd absolutely recommend mx browns. what you linked is mx browns so that's good. the tactile bump/feedback is really good and it makes you type much faster and to me, always felt better for these game types as well

if you play FPS more or anything where you're just holding a set of keys, i'd recommend black or red. reds are just a lighter version of black, they're both linear. they're a pain to type on. however if you're very used to them (i've been using my mx black keyboard for 6 years - which is more like mx reds by now due to how worn it is) then you won't really notice a difference in games per se. i actually love mx reds or worn mx blacks, to me it's the perfect switch - but keep in mind i have a habit for it and i also play fps a lot.

avoid blues like the plague. their actuation and reset points are different which ends up double taps feeling REALLY AWKWARD. the sound feedback however is literally AMAZING for typing. if i was to choose a keyboard for typing ONLY, i would definitely go with blue. they just suck for just about literally everything else than this task

size, form factor, key length are all purely personal preference. it's just up to you. i don't like 60% but people like them. my own choice is simply tenkeyless - 60% is too small and packed imho.
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#4 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:55 PM

oh yeah also, regarding key length. a lot of the best typists i've known have sworn by slim or even ultraslim keyboards. they mostly used scissor switches though, those you find in laptop keyboards you know, and they aren't nearly as expensive as mechanical. the reason they preferred slim is the fact that your fingers can sort of 'slide' between keys on a keyboard like that, which indeed ends up being a speed increase overall.

there's a cherry ML switch which feels like a shorter version of brown - it's really cool, i'd recommend trying one of these if you ever thought the shorter keys are better. one of the best quake players i play/played with is using them.

another thing to really look for is key stabilizers. they apply to the big keys - spacebar, shifts, enter, etc - and they really do matter, difference is huge. the costar ones are better than the cherry ones, but they're for some reason much harder to find (i guess they're just more expensive to produce?). you can also lube the cherry stabilizers or use o-rings though, but then you have to get geeky.

hope this helps

#5 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

im not an uber keyboard nerd but i know a lot of the theory and have tried all of the cherry mx variants at least. i also used to do type racing (just for fun though, my work isn't typing directly, but i could maintain ~700 cpm which is 140 wpm on long texts/paragraphs, i.e. copying book quotes of 3-4 paragraphs or 5 minute nonstop marathons) so i didn't look at it just from a gaming point of view. i don't have access to a lot of the 'hard to get' shit in russia and i just never went as far as soldering shit myself.

anyway

if you mostly play RTS or RPG shit where every button press matters and there's mostly decision making in the game itself, i'd absolutely recommend mx browns. what you linked is mx browns so that's good. the tactile bump/feedback is really good and it makes you type much faster and to me, always felt better for these game types as well

if you play FPS more or anything where you're just holding a set of keys, i'd recommend black or red. reds are just a lighter version of black, they're both linear. they're a pain to type on. however if you're very used to them (i've been using my mx black keyboard for 6 years - which is more like mx reds by now due to how worn it is) then you won't really notice a difference in games per se. i actually love mx reds or worn mx blacks, to me it's the perfect switch - but keep in mind i have a habit for it and i also play fps a lot.

avoid blues like the plague. their actuation and reset points are different which ends up double taps feeling REALLY AWKWARD. the sound feedback however is literally AMAZING for typing. if i was to choose a keyboard for typing ONLY, i would definitely go with blue. they just suck for just about literally everything else than this task

size, form factor, key length are all purely personal preference. it's just up to you. i don't like 60% but people like them. my own choice is simply tenkeyless - 60% is too small and packed imho.

it's mostly for typing and rts so ya, they're not mx browns though their noppoos own browns, so idk if they're copies or different, ya i do prefer a 75% over a 60% for pretty much everything

oh yeah also, regarding key length. a lot of the best typists i've known have sworn by slim or even ultraslim keyboards. they mostly used scissor switches though, those you find in laptop keyboards you know, and they aren't nearly as expensive as mechanical. the reason they preferred slim is the fact that your fingers can sort of 'slide' between keys on a keyboard like that, which indeed ends up being a speed increase overall.

there's a cherry ML switch which feels like a shorter version of brown - it's really cool, i'd recommend trying one of these if you ever thought the shorter keys are better. one of the best quake players i play/played with is using them.

another thing to really look for is key stabilizers. they apply to the big keys - spacebar, shifts, enter, etc - and they really do matter, difference is huge. the costar ones are better than the cherry ones, but they're for some reason much harder to find (i guess they're just more expensive to produce?). you can also lube the cherry stabilizers or use o-rings though, but then you have to get geeky.

hope this helps

really? I never would have thought this, I always presumed the standard mechanical was the way to go with thick keys, i know some tips for typing but im lucky to get over 100 wpm so im no expert, I had blues on a diff keyboard and I found myself typing alot more accurately but alot more slower, not to mention it would keep people awake in my house when i used it

might go out ona limb and pick it up, just hoping that these noppoo switches aren't shitty quality

ya that last bit lost me, i like keyboards and mechanical ones, but i suck at the tech behind them, cheers for the detailed posts though friend

#6 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

im pretty sure the only mechanical slim switches are cherry ML or scissors. cherry ML never got popular though. there's a slight issue with them in the fact that slim keys have to be flat and big and people often end up pressing them not on the center, which is way different to how you use normal keys (you apply the force on the center of the key always). of course it feels awkward to press a switch from the side, and the only way to fix this issue is to put stabilizers on literally every key, which is super expensive to produce and doesn't exist

that's why scissor structure is so great for flat/slim keys (and typing). it solves this exact problem

also accuracy is ALL that fast typing is about past a certain point (like 600 cpm, which is 120 wpm). so yeah, that's why blues are so good

#7 sugartoots

sugartoots
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival
  • 2v2: 1423
  • 3v3: 2243
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 192

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

I swear by my keycool 84 with blue switches. double tapping hasn't been an issue for me and I've tried the other switches. 100% true on typing, it sounds and feels amazing.

#8 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:22 PM

well, it's actually a difference in the structure itself. look up the tech sheets and diagrams

lots of people play with blue switches though and say they don't have an issue with it. its all a matter of preference and personal habits etc

to me it was a key difference, but i sort of hold the keys half-pressed when playing FPS (cuz ur only using wasd basically) whereas you only tap them while playing other games (and then carry over your habits to FPS if you do play FPS)

#9 Alcohoulix

Alcohoulix
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Nordrassil
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/2/2/2/2/0

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

Any ideas on ultraslim keyboards but with a smaller shift button? On every ultraslim keyboard the shift key is fucking huge. Thanks in advance.
“It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.”

#10 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

http://www.amazon.co...=A2OBYCPECCAAML

anyone bought this or have any kind of similar keyboard to this

looking into buying a new one but can't find a review for this thing that isn't in chinese

If you're looking for a 60% keyboard I recommend the vortex poker 3, It has the best quality/price ratio.

Review below :

About the switches choice :

If you are an MMO/MOBA/FPS player you should go for the linear MX red switches.

If you are an RTS player you should go for MX brown switches because you want the tactile feedback.

Avoid MX blue switches, the clicky sound is so annoying during skype calls and it's a pain when you want to listen to music.

Avoid MX black switches, unless you have strong fingers like this :

Posted Image

Hope this helps,
Regards.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#11 urnamed

urnamed
  • Members

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:43 AM

Got to that level where I don't even need a keyboard anymore.

#12 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 May 2015 - 01:23 AM

poker is great yes (if you want 60%)

but tactile feedback is just as useful as it is in RTS in MOBA and MMO

you don't usually keep keys half-pressed and shit like in FPS when you play these games. it's more about quick decision making and timing a medium/large amount of different keys or combinations

sure there are some heroes where you'd never move your fingers anywhere other than qwer... but... that's far from most, and doesn't apply AT ALL to MMOs like for example WoW with it's 30+ hotkeys on avg (which used to be more like 50+ back then).

#13 fondlesqt

fondlesqt
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Holy

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

i use the cooler master storm quickfire mech board w/red keys

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=cm storm

10-keyless, compact, works great, excellent price

no complaints

#14 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:27 PM

i also used to do type racing

Damn this is the among the nerdiest things I've ever heard holy shit
ツ シ

#15 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

im not an uber keyboard nerd [...] i also used to do type racing

yeah not a keyboard nerd at all, just the kind of guy who would participate in type racing events
ツ シ

#16 Breadstick

Breadstick
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arena Tournament 1
  • Coliseum 1
  • Talents: Affliction

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:57 PM

not really sure what the nerdy part of that is?
s a d b o y s

#17 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:41 AM

moderator of online game's message board does not see what is nerdy about keyboard typing races

shocker
ツ シ

#18 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

i didn't say anything about events wtf

only online

#19 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 May 2015 - 01:24 AM

but yeah look at this guy actually trying to be good with the instruments/tools he uses daily rofl what a FUCKING nerd lmfao

#20 Lmkt

Lmkt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents:

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:50 AM

rank 1 gladiator moderator of online gaming forum who participates in keyboard typing races and posts detailed stats about them calls himself "not nerdy"
ツ シ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<