Jump to content

Effect of Ban on Games Played Per Week

ban stats games played arena

  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Insomniac

Insomniac
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 142
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2374
  • 5v5: 1825
  • RBG: 2153

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:13 AM

Unfortunately I've only been collecting data for a short amount of time, but I just thought I'd show you how little effect the ban has actually had on the amount of games played per bracket.

Please note: This is measured by the ladder activity - ie. Only games above ~2200 for 3's and ~1940 for RBG's will be counted.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you have any questions or want to see some more random stats check them out here

#2 Shaileen

Shaileen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Malfurion
  • Blutdurst
  • Posts: 596
  • Talents: Assassination 0/1/1/2/0/1/.

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:59 AM

The random fluctuation is a lot higher then the difference in the ban week, so you can pretty much not determine if it had an impact or not. I'd rather see the data for the whole arena population or bgs, but unfortunately it is nowhere logged (or is it?)
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

#3 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Posts: 471
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:29 AM

nice meme dude

#4 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 2987
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/1/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1594
  • 3v3: 1648
  • LocationRussia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:14 PM

View PostShaileen, on 20 May 2015 - 02:59 AM, said:

The random fluctuation is a lot higher then the difference in the ban week, so you can pretty much not determine if it had an impact or not. I'd rather see the data for the whole arena population or bgs, but unfortunately it is nowhere logged (or is it?)
Keep in mind we are still "in progress" of week 24. It will likely end up a trend going upwards by sunday
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#5 Häxantutto

Häxantutto
  • LocationSWE

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

Ladder was already inactive as fuck before the bans, it has nothing to do with it, most people that was banned already have a fully geared new level 100 character by now.

The season has to end, its getting really boring to play against mongo classes such as combat rogue, gave up trying to win against combat rogues early in this season, need more frequent balance "patches/hotfixes" to tune down certain classes doing alot better than others, for example look at death knights and compare them to how many high rated mages/rogues/paladins/priests/shamans/druids there is on the ladder.
Posted Image
-------------------------------forever---------------duelist-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube....h?v=GLNJfWpIHLA

#6 Aoedin

Aoedin
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Posts: 87
  • Talents: Holy
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:41 PM

View PostHäxantutto, on 20 May 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

Ladder was already inactive as fuck before the bans, it has nothing to do with it, most people that was banned already have a fully geared new level 100 character by now.

The season has to end, its getting really boring to play against mongo classes such as combat rogue, gave up trying to win against combat rogues early in this season, need more frequent balance "patches/hotfixes" to tune down certain classes doing alot better than others, for example look at death knights and compare them to how many high rated mages/rogues/paladins/priests/shamans/druids there is on the ladder.

You forgot warlocks and warriors.

#7 Regent

Regent

Posted Yesterday, 04:05 AM

This data is completely useless.

There was no one playing, and now the season is ending so people are selling boosts and trying to get their titles locked in.

#8 Vezi

Vezi
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Posts: 25
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2053
  • 3v3: 2655
  • RBG: 1903

Posted Today, 07:35 AM

i dont know if seasons finish alert comes the next week or the other, but maximum the other.

#9 Nisslol

Nisslol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Posts: 1431
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 2002
  • 3v3: 2636
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationSheffield, UK

Posted Today, 01:36 PM

i just realized an acronym of smoke weed everyday is swe

fucking swe


mind blown

Popped a molly, I'm sweating.
420

View PostRizzo, on 07 April 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

World of Cantcastunlessitsinstantcraft:  CCataclysm


View PostAyrasaurus, on 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM, said:

im an idiot


#10 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Posts: 212
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted Today, 02:30 PM

View PostNisslol, on 22 May 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

i just realized an acronym of smoke weed everyday is swe

fucking swe


mind blown

swed**




13 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 11 guests, 1 anonymous users


<