• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2076
  • 3v3: 1872
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

So, this is my first post here; I don't really talk to any other Mistweavers (since I can't find any). So I thought it might be a good idea to ask here.

How are Mistweavers looking in 6.2? I heard that in PVE they're strong. But I'm concerned about how we'll perform in PVP.

I feel like Mistweaver is pretty horrible, I get globalled through all my Cooldowns. (Thugcleave, Junglecleave, KFC). Comps that don't normally train healers go on Mistweavers, which is frustrating.

I also go OOM very quickly relative to other healers, I never cap at 20 stacks of Mana tea, because I'm constantly using it, being efficient with heals and so on.

Also, because of the above; that I have a very hard time finding consistent and stable 3s partners to actually push rating with. Because people are actively avoiding Mistweavers, because they want paladins or druids.

I don't consider myself to be a terrible Mistweaver, but I just feel like I'm beating my head against a wall. My subscription runs out tomorrow, and I'm kind of wondering.

Is it worth resubbing? How does Mistweaver looks in 6.2? Thanks :)

#2 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:52 PM

I'd also like to know but prolly the quit wave took the last few mw

Currently MW arent the best healer spec and i dont see any changes to us or other healer specs+ our mastery is useless

I Hear a lot of people talking about the super high burst of most classes since we dont have passive dmg reduction this will hit mw the most.

#3 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

Not looking forward to 6.2, Damage will probably be insane (which will hurt MW the most)...

No buffs.. No nerfs. Except for Rising Sun Kick being nerfed for MW, which is pretty ridiculous since our damage really isn't all that.. Sure we can do some decent damage with triple RSK, but switching stances is a bit awkward and it's usually not possible since we'll have to switch back right away and heal.

That being said I still love playing my MW ;) My Mage is looking a lot more enticing for 6.2 though.

#4 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

i think you can look at the situation in two ways. this is because, for a while now, what you can consider to be our greatest strength -- the bubble -- is also probably our biggest weakness. on the one hand, the 55s cd on cocoon is basically the only thing keeping us somewhat relevant. and since the set bonuses don't seem to be changing, the bubble cooldown will probably ensure that we're capable of playing at least one comp. i hope.

on the other, even pre-patch, when there wasn't as much burst, it wasn't uncommon to watch your bubble pop in half a second if its application lined up with enemy dps cds. i can't say this with confidence, since nobody has conq pieces yet and i didn't play the PTR, but i have a hunch that this will only get worse going forward. we'll be getting better gear too, of course, but i suspect that the scaling on our bubble won't stack up to how damage will scale in general.

obviously, it sucks being balanced around a 1-minute cocoon if cocoon sucks. but that's not even taking into account the fact that relying on what feels like a party trick just sucks, period. i think 90% of MW would happily give up the shortened CD in exchange for greater healing throughput and mana efficiency. the mana tea nerf -- which, while manageable, still puts us way behind certain other healing classes that don't even have to try -- was never reverted. it's very possible to heal efficiently by emphasizing enveloping+renewing+expel harm, as well as avoiding surging like the plague, but only up to a certain point; once dampening starts to kick in, or when you're up against certain high-burst comps (which again will only become more common as the season rolls on), it becomes difficult not to start running oom.

i only hit around 1800, maybe 1850 last season, so please take this with a grain of salt. but i feel like a lot of the things i mentioned are pretty common (and common-sense) gripes with the spec.

#5 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

something weak getting weaker
esp since monks cant heal through dampening comps very well which feel pretty strong rn

would reroll into a shaman if you want a fun season

#6 Rorechec

Rorechec
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/2/1/./.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:26 PM

Reroll isnt really an option. Havent played 6.2 beta with full gear but

About mana we were kinda ok if we swap glyphs/items with spirit vs some teams. Now in 6.2 gear and ilvl scale up so generally we will have more mana regen than before also dont forget that mana tea is % of spirit not % of mana pool so generally it is prolly supposed to be a big buff mana wise.

However we had huge problems in 6.1 with rot comps like affliction+warrior affliction+unholy and stuff and now after they actually buff affliction they will be more common on the ladder and they will be even stronger so i suppose it will be even harder if not impossible.

Other big problem was thug/jungle/rmd train especially on the mw itself. Sometimes they can just kill you through bubble with full cds and now they will do even higher burst so dunno prolly random burst can just global the mw once they cantch you in the corner.
I think comps that can silence the mw and burst him will be the worst.

#7 Frosteye

Frosteye
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1809
  • 3v3: 2320
  • RBG: 1773

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:47 PM

Geared up finally and played a bit, Mana seems much less of an issue right now and I expect it'll only get better.

#8 Aggroed

Aggroed
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/2/1/0/.

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:32 AM

Stat priority- will this change with the new ilvl any or are we still looking at versa/haste? has anyone had success with other stats once you are comfortable with your spirit level?

anyone exceling this season or are we still outclassed by the other healers?

for those of you using chi explosion for a single target burst heal, is it better to use at 2 chi or wait for the full 4?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<