#21 Mekila

Mekila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

I'll post my pvp builds for heavy frost and unholy soon. Just waiting on the patch to go live so I can see what changed and adjust accordingly :)

#22 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:11 AM

You are now my go to guy for DK stuff lol.

#23 Mekila

Mekila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:16 AM

You are now my go to guy for DK stuff lol.

I'm just trying to see if they are viable for arena pvp, other than for 'GET OVER HERE' every 25s. :)

At the moment I feel really vulnerable to snares and roots with no way to break them. (PVP trinket that they give out is bugged for horde, its alliance-only so we can't use it -_-)

#24 Exiledshmoo

Exiledshmoo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents:

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:35 AM

I'm just trying to see if they are viable for arena pvp, other than for 'GET OVER HERE' every 25s. :)

At the moment I feel really vulnerable to snares and roots with no way to break them. (PVP trinket that they give out is bugged for horde, its alliance-only so we can't use it -_-)

Welcome to beta, land of more evades, bugs, and abilities that do not do anything than you can shake a stick at.

Thats what I am keeping an eye on as well. I have seen several videos featuring DK pvp and they either show them destroying people in raiding gear or getting spanked by warlocks in s3.
One thing I noticed is that you still get the frost burst with chains of ice + howling blast as any spec. True it will not hit as hard as heavy frost, but with the nerf to frost strike and icy touch, you do not have the double burst anymore.

You mentioned going heavy unholy and then dipping into frost, that has been the specs of the people in the videos I have seen so far, and I do have to say I have been impressed with improved anti magic shell and bone armor making it very hard for casters to focus you effectively.

You also mentioned an issue with roots and snares. Has it been any particular class that has kited you badly, or can any class with a ranged snare played well give you issues?

#25 Krigare

Krigare
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

Yeah deep unholy is looking better and better.

Quick question, does one need Master of Ghouls to utilize the stun and interrupt the ghouls have?

#26 Mekila

Mekila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

Welcome to beta, land of more evades, bugs, and abilities that do not do anything than you can shake a stick at.

Thats what I am keeping an eye on as well. I have seen several videos featuring DK pvp and they either show them destroying people in raiding gear or getting spanked by warlocks in s3.
One thing I noticed is that you still get the frost burst with chains of ice + howling blast as any spec. True it will not hit as hard as heavy frost, but with the nerf to frost strike and icy touch, you do not have the double burst anymore.

You mentioned going heavy unholy and then dipping into frost, that has been the specs of the people in the videos I have seen so far, and I do have to say I have been impressed with improved anti magic shell and bone armor making it very hard for casters to focus you effectively.

You also mentioned an issue with roots and snares. Has it been any particular class that has kited you badly, or can any class with a ranged snare played well give you issues?

If you get Howling Blast you will have to put 31 points into frost, 35-36 to get the extra 60% dmg when below 20% and the ability to snare. Yeah I guess at 80 you can get 34-40 points in another tree for pvp.

Bone armor is pretty amazing, not sure if the anti-magic bubble is worth it when you already have anti-magic shell trainable at 75. Useful against casters, useless against everyone else for 6 talent points.

This patch is bugged with armor ratings, it seems like everyone (including plate wearers) are considered to have 0 armor. I'm getting 2k obliterate hits with 0 diseases up, 1k degenerates, and 1800 white crits. This is about double what I was hitting for pre-patch.

With a bunch of diseases w/ full unholy spec, (plague strike, degenerate, 3 stacks of crypt fever, 3 stacks of unholy blight, 3 stacks of d&d, blood-caked blade) I was able to hit an obliterate for 3k. Unfortunately you would never be able to get that many diseases up in pvp. Full blood spec is dominant atm as you can hit for ridiculous amounts with everyone having 0 armor.

In fixing the death coil bug they seemed to have broken all the 'x% increased dmg when diseased/icy touched' 45 pt talents.

Runic power is broken atm, sometimes you get randomly 33 runic power from an ability, sometimes you don't get anything, and death coil seems to cost random amounts of runic power to cast.

#27 Mekila

Mekila
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Spinebreaker
  • Rampage

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Yeah deep unholy is looking better and better.

Quick question, does one need Master of Ghouls to utilize the stun and interrupt the ghouls have?

Yes. Otherwise they just claw and disease randomly. (They do this too w/ master of ghoul but you can turn off autocast)

Super ghouls are like rogues and use energy, so if you don't turn off autocast claw (costs 40 energy!) you won't have enough energy to Gnaw (40 energy, 4sec stun, 20s cd)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<