• US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1652
  • 3v3: 1803
  • RBG: 1656

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

Hi anyone,

Just wondering what everyone's opinons were in regard to BM vs survival, in particular in 2s I play with a resto Druid and in 3s I play ret/hunt/Druid. I seem to notice a lot of hunters playing survival in these sort of comps but I seem to find more success as BM (probably because I'm shit and its easier?). Was just wondering if by not playing survival I'll be gimping myself in the long run (particularly 2s).

I think my main problem when I play survival is being focus starved, any tips around this?

Also interested in opinions with 6.2 changes?

Thanks in advance

#2 Nicholaes92

Nicholaes92
  • Junkies

Posted 06 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

I'm playing survival no matter what next season brings. Tried bm when they nerfed surv and it was boring af and tried marks when it got buffed and it was just as boring. At least survival had lower CDs and procs to keep your uptime going.

Edit: but in terms of viability I bet with crows/barrage nerf survival will come back.

Edited by Nicholaes92, 06 May 2015 - 03:26 AM.

AJ's Wall of Tough Guys

i'm not your average aj user bro you're gonna have to up you game little boy.

Also tread lightly my friend, you dont know who you are talking to ;)

who the fuck do u think you are, random fucking nobody, u dont deserve any of my time/effort retard. "tell me that a blizzcon" srsly? great fucking insult m9. dont even talk to me

#3 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

Cheers mate,

How do you go about dealing with being focus starved? I think its because I still try to work tranq shot into my rotation, should I be doing that as survival or just pump damage?

#4 sweep04

sweep04
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravenholdt
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2270
  • 3v3: 2118
  • RBG: 1716

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

Cheers mate,

How do you go about dealing with being focus starved? I think its because I still try to work tranq shot into my rotation, should I be doing that as survival or just pump damage?

You trap every 20 seconds and gain 50 focus. LnL procs and Thrill of the Hunt also procs nicely. Although TotH might not be as good with the serpent / arcane nerf.

You should rarely tranq shot, to remove Sac's Bop's and other major CD's with a high probability is probably the only situation.

Perhaps taking Glyph of tranq shot against certain comps when you have a spare glyph slot.

#5 Sniz

Sniz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Gundrak
  • Vengeance

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Thanks for reply man, great advice :)

#6 Jersything

Jersything
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Arthas
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1958
  • 3v3: 2088
  • RBG: 1645

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:49 PM

Thrill of the Hunt also procs nicely. Although TotH might not be as good with the serpent / arcane nerf.

Speaking of this... I wonder if we will still go ToTH once they take away the direct dmg from it..... I guess it is still the most focus efficient/least clunky... I am really going to miss that extra initial dmg that arcane shot does as SV

#7 Glink

Glink
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 2/2/0/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2968
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1573
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 May 2015 - 11:50 AM

BM is really good and the top spec. SV is actually really good too, but not as good. It just so happens that holy paladins, specifically bop, is the biggest counter to BM (instantly able to bop crows and stop all your damage), it also just so happens that like 9/10 high rated teams have hpallies. This makes SV better in some cases imo, like versus hpal god comp or even RMPally, also SV is much more able to train healers since all of your damage is magic, making things like bop or bear form less effective when being trained.

I've been playing SV a bit recently, and its really good, pretty fun too. There is a lot you can do and a lot of peels with snakes and the short traps, the spread pressure is insane if you switch targets often as well.
Twitch.tv/Glinksz Rank 1 Hunter PvP
Posted Image

#8 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

Survival is great. Awesome constant damage and you don't need to worry about armor / Procs / cds to do your damage.

Of course getting LNL and some nice thrill procs lined up can help you sort of "Burst" in a way but survival is all about putting out sustained damage.

BM on the other hand is very bursty and revolves around you mainly getting 5 frenzy stacks for Focus fire and bursting with it.

5 stack is 30% haste and 40% attack power then you use bestial wrath / crows / barrage and it's just a shit ton of damage in a short period of time on top of gaining kill shot.

Recently I've been the victim of Ret/Bm Hunter burst 100-0 my team multiple games. Just press cooldowns and gain rating with BM.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hunter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<