#1 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:51 AM

Anyone have success with this comp? What are the strengths of this comp? Do you guys tend to train one target and get cd's or swap around a lot? Thanks

#2 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:38 AM

Seen a few warrior mage monk teams and wmds, not sure about tactics they use n shit tho

#3 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1926

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

i´ve played it yesterday, but with priest as healer (not the best choice, but it kinda worked out)

we played something like 11-3 and ended up 2.1k mmr+ (not the very best, the mage had 5 pieces missing)

we trained one target and killed it at some point! mage is currently master of control so his job is cc´ing shiet out of the enemy and burst every once in a while
the warrior has high sustained dmg and also ms on the main target up
its a pretty simple comp, no monster long cc chains, but you dont really need it, mage cc is enough to put on some hard pressure on the enemy team
with a drood as healer it would have been even easier (with clones as follow up)

in my opinion its a strong comp, when played right with high potential!

#4 Wayreth

Wayreth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2277
  • RBG: 1758

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:59 PM

Holy Paladin would probably be easier than a druid in terms of keeping the warrior on target and staying alive, especially considering how strong hpal is at the moment. A good druid who can actually land reliable cyclones would work, but personally I think paladin would be better and easier. I played it in 6.0 up to 2100 or so with a mediocre warrior/druid. As mentioned above we just sorta trained a target with CC on the healer - nothing super complex.

#5 Kraftyone

Kraftyone
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1133
  • 3v3: 1234
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:50 PM

I've ran some 3s with my Frost Mage, but not with the comp you're discussing, I would put the mage on CC duty and then have them try to time a RoF or Ice Nova with Blade Storm to catch 1 or both DPS. When the healer comes off CC it's not likely they can save both. A well timed Counterspell could seal their fate. I like using MI over Incanters, so I would pop the images just before you're going to burst with the warrior, but if you prefer IF, I would try to time the burst phase accordingly.
We're not here for a long time, so make it a good time. Be kind to others, both in game and IRL.

#6 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1926

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

the only problem i see with hpala is the stun dr: all 3 classes are stunning with 30sec cd

meanwhile we are at 2.2k mmr and 2.1k+ LR (still with priest as healer)
the comp isnt as "stupid" as turbo/tsg/smokebomb but still pretty simple, even at higher mmr

i would never ever play with MI, the KI of the MI is freaking stupid, lot of times they ended up focusing a pet or the cc'ed target
and as warrior i also would not play with bladestorm, chances are damn high to break cc with it
the comp is all about nuking a single target, thats it

#7 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:43 AM

the only problem i see with hpala is the stun dr: all 3 classes are stunning with 30sec cd

u do realize u can stun 3 different targets in arena??? so if you line up poly on the healer and hoj on the dps the healer cant dispell the hoj

as warrior u play fury and avatar so u dont have any aoe dmg (sweeping strikes, whirlwind, bladestorm) to break mage CC. Also fury has better single target dmg

Edited by Noxnoxnox, 06 May 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#8 Kraftyone

Kraftyone
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Mug'thol
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1133
  • 3v3: 1234
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

Serenin - TY for the input. I have to agree that after running some 2s with my mage last night, MI is "unreliable". I think I'll start a fresh thread and fire off some questions about playing my mage.
We're not here for a long time, so make it a good time. Be kind to others, both in game and IRL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<