Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Rewarding bad game play.

warlock destruction 6.2 affliction bad game play

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:26 AM

I didnt play in MoP. Was it better in that expansion? (and im not asking that was it better without the soul swap 1 soul shard cost, cuz it was obviously better/op)

Soul shard mechanics were messed up since they cam up with the idea of making haunt cost a shard. I don't remember if it was in Cata or MoP. In MoP it was already messed up. The Soul Swap mechanics were hilarious though.

Overall, I think Warlocks became worse and worse from a "fun" point of view with every expansion since WotLK. Just some things that added depth to the class without neccessarily being OP.

- mana drain, I sooo much want that back
- friendly dispel on felhunter
- shadowflame glyph
- Fel Flame (was it the name? Instant cast that refreshed UA)
- baseline HoT and Death Coil

I would give up all those shitty new talents (SB:Haunt, Blood Fear, Unbound Will, ... whatever) to just get those things back.

#22 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:25 AM

the problem with shards is that its generation is balanced around corru + drain soul ticks, but we rarely cast drain soul in pvp, so shard generation is reduced by roughly 60%. the 2pt pvp afli bonus is designed to help counter that.

then there is soulswap, which is a really shitty mechanic. its so shitty that ever since its implementation in cata all it's gotten were nerfs, nerfs and nerfs. i'd love to see it gone once and for all.

thirdly theres the fact that single target dmg is crap if you cant haunt drainsoul often (aka being trained).

they should just make it easier to dot things up, and dots should work somewhat like ww's earth wind and fire (dunno the name). the more targets you have multidotted, the less dmg your dots do to each target. that way we can have stronger single target dmg when we want to single target, and still good multidot when we want to multidot.
right now we always multidot because its like the only way to do "real" dmg.

Posted Image

#23 watchmecut

watchmecut
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Terenas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 2/2/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2536
  • 3v3: 2501
  • 5v5: 2215
  • RBG: 1982

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:50 PM

What i think is,the 2 set is just trying to make to less annoying getting spam kicked and this wouldn't be as bad if we had some other school of magic as affliction.Give us a more reliable way of getting shards (1 every 10) and make the set bonus something along the lines of agony is now in the fire school as apposed to shadow.(idk that was the first thing that came to my mind) or give us fel flame back cos then i don't think i would be so mad when i'm not casting for 20-30 secs at a time vs kick botting turbo cleaves.
when i play demo i don't give a fuck when i'm kicked in shadow cos i can just hellfire or some shit

#24 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

These are the things I point to when people make excuses about Holinka trying to operate in a "PVE" game. Pretty sure he has a lot of flexibility designing and implementing set bonuses.

#25 Siuox

Siuox
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Balance 2/1/2/0/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1756
  • 3v3: 2411
  • RBG: 960

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:41 PM

when i play demo i don't give a fuck when i'm kicked in shadow cos i can just hellfire or some shit

or soulfire for 5k

#26 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

If they're not going to remove Soul Swap, they should just make it what it was originally intended as - a swap of dots on the target you want them on. Or give it a 30-45 second cooldown and be done with it. Either way, soul shard cost or the spell itself needs to go away.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#27 Tronux

Tronux

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

the problem with shards is that its generation is balanced around corru + drain soul ticks, but we rarely cast drain soul in pvp, so shard generation is reduced by roughly 60%. the 2pt pvp afli bonus is designed to help counter that.

then there is soulswap, which is a really shitty mechanic. its so shitty that ever since its implementation in cata all it's gotten were nerfs, nerfs and nerfs. i'd love to see it gone once and for all.

thirdly theres the fact that single target dmg is crap if you cant haunt drainsoul often (aka being trained).

they should just make it easier to dot things up, and dots should work somewhat like ww's earth wind and fire (dunno the name). the more targets you have multidotted, the less dmg your dots do to each target. that way we can have stronger single target dmg when we want to single target, and still good multidot when we want to multidot.

Interesting +1

#28 propaman

propaman
  • Members

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

It was just fine when Haunt had a CD, but increased target damage drastically, real tool to nuke one target down.

#29 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2101
  • 5v5: 1777
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationAshburn, VA

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Anyone else miss the burst of using haunt with a shadowbolt proc?

#30 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:18 PM

It was just fine when Haunt had a CD, but increased target damage drastically, real tool to nuke one target down.

worse than costing a shard is actually managing to get a cast off.

Posted Image

#31 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Anyone else miss the burst of using haunt with a shadowbolt proc?

*casting incinerate into shadowbolt proc into coil

good times

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlock, destruction, 6.2, affliction, bad, game, play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users