Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 17:48. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Rewarding bad game play.

warlock destruction 6.2 affliction bad game play

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Freshlemons7474

Freshlemons7474
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Destruction 0/1/2/1/2/0/.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

I dont feel like it is a good thing to be rewarded for bad game play. The affliction 2 piece and the
new destruction 2 piece are really annoying (at least in my opinion) to have around.
  • PvP 2-piece set bonus for Destruction Warlocks has been redesigned. Getting stunned, silenced, interrupted, or feared now generates 1 Burning Ember. Can only occur once every 15 seconds.
Anyone else dislike being rewarded for bad play?

Edited by Freshlemons7474, 19 April 2015 - 05:11 AM.

#2 Voksen

Voksen
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Magtheridon
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:51 AM

Its less of a reward for bad gameplay, and more of an apology for bad game design.

Edit, with explanation:
10/10 would prefer rewarding successful jukes, but thats harder to implement and unlikely to happen. This at least shifts some skill/onus to the interrupters, forcing more strategic depth when there are consequences to blatantly mindless spam. Since the game is (still) quite full of spam interrupts and misc. cheese, it feels like an apology, correction, and offset to generate some counterplay.

Edited by Voksen, 19 April 2015 - 07:02 AM.

#3 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:59 AM

Fuck soul shards.

Sometimes my pet dies with 0 soul shards left and I just run into the middle of the map and spam cast so someone will cc or interrupt me so I can get a fucking pet out.

And oh the countless times when I haven't gotten soul shard from nightfall or set bonus proc for a minute straight.. :|

Edited by Knaittiz, 19 April 2015 - 08:04 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#4 DanAction

DanAction
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Spirestone
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/1/2/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 2270
  • RBG: 1478

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:40 AM

yeah you shouldn't be rewarded for really doing nothing, but oh well. The bonus is an improvement over the old one anyway.

#5 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 3078
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 1740

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

They should make better set bonuses. Affliction 2p (it's necessary to use, but still shit) and 4p bonuses are really poor designs.

#6 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

PvP 2-piece set bonus for Destruction Warlocks has been redesigned. Getting stunned, silenced, interrupted, or feared now generates 1 Burning Ember. Can only occur once every 15 second

Imho the 0.5s cast time chaos bolt after an immolate dispell was a better 2p set bonus.

The true issue of destro is not about generating embers, charred remains already gives sh!ttons of embers, It's about landing chaos bolts in world of interruptcraft.

In order to be viable I think destro needs more mobility (bring back 5.2 kjc!). Also destro relies way too much on the shadow school (chaos bolt) to do damage. In MoP being kicked on chaos bolt wasn't too much of a big deal because we were still able to spam 50k incinerates with the dark soul buff up. But now that all our damage is baked into chaos bolt we can't do sh!t when we are kicked. Blizzard should buff the damage of the fire school and delete the damage reduction of charred remains.

And last but not least shadowburn is a shadow of its former glory, It's currently a very weak execute. If you want to secure a kill It's often better to cast another chaos bolt instead of wasting embers on shadowburn. Shadowburn deserves a damage buff.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#7 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

Fuck soul shards.

Sometimes my pet dies with 0 soul shards left and I just run into the middle of the map and spam cast so someone will cc or interrupt me so I can get a fucking pet out.

And oh the countless times when I haven't gotten soul shard from nightfall or set bonus proc for a minute straight.. :|

ROFL, if you think you have a tough life in PvP, check PvE :D I've had times where I was #1 or #2 on DPS meters, then for the next minute or so, even with the pve set bonuses, I didn't get a single fucking shard and dropped below 8th or 9th spot on the fucking meter.

The problem with Affliction Warlocks is that they were perfectly designed ( PvE wise ) for MoP, you had seamless rotation, you had skill involvement regarding DoT snapshotting, etc, and then in WoD they removed half of the things that made Affliction what it was after the complete rework in MoP, and instead of slapping damage nerfs on things like Soul Swap ( after X number of targets affected by your DoTs, other targets affected by your DoTs will be less affected ), they decided to fuck with core mechanics of the class ( drain souling on low HP no longer generates 4 shards when target dies, no longer generates a guaranteed shard every other tick, soulswap costs a shard in an environment where there's not a SINGLE guarantee you'll get a soul shard for up to ( or more than ) 1 minute, they removed EXECUTE from the spec and made it's damage the same whether the target is on 100 or 20 %, etc ), and just gave Affli locks two viable endgame talents that don't really change how to class plays out ( okay I might be too harsh, SB Haunt DOES change how the class works A BIT, but not too much ).

MMO Champ and other forums are filled with people who don't find Affliction fun anymore and are cursing @ Blizzard for reducing Affliction to its simple self nowadays. Although in PvP, it's ten times more engaging than it was in MoP. MoP you just rolled a human, rolled tailoring and herbalism, waited for tailoring+proc trinket+weapon to proc, popped dark soul, other pvp trinket and herbalism, soul swapped those DoTs around and made an effort to keep them rolling as much as possible, that was fucking horrible design, PvP wise.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#8 Lukach

Lukach
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arcane 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1345
  • 3v3: 384
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1552

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:08 PM

What we need is a new pve 2set bonus, to be a pvp bonus: instant CBs. Case closed, all current probs solved. Every single fucker can interrupt, n will do so with ease, and seing how some specs are not viable at all due to this, this bit of 'unfair' boost would be fine.
Same thing with arcane mages. Get interrupted on any spell, u're basically good as disconnected from the game for 5-6 secs.
They clearly do not want to give all spellcasters disarm, so fuck it, give us instant dmg spells back!

#9 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:23 PM

Spoiler

Edited by Knaittiz, 19 April 2015 - 02:24 PM.

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#10 Pika

Pika
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental 0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2231
  • 3v3: 2422
  • 5v5: 2073
  • RBG: 1953

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

Its less of a reward for bad gameplay, and more of an apology for bad game design.

This absolutely 100%.

It does not reward for bad gameplay its a design decision which is equally as bad as the ones made previously to put locks in this position.

#11 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

What we need is a new pve 2set bonus, to be a pvp bonus: instant CBs. Case closed, all current probs solved. Every single fucker can interrupt, n will do so with ease, and seing how some specs are not viable at all due to this, this bit of 'unfair' boost would be fine.
Same thing with arcane mages. Get interrupted on any spell, u're basically good as disconnected from the game for 5-6 secs.
They clearly do not want to give all spellcasters disarm, so fuck it, give us instant dmg spells back!

why the fuck would you want disarm anyway? u realise how broken that would be?

#12 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

why the fuck would you want disarm anyway? u realise how broken that would be?

I think he wants to disarm melees because his casts can be interrupted :mellow: its either that or 4 instant 120k chaos bolts. Your move Blizzard

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#13 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

instant chaos bolts...

stupid idea

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#14 Wallirik

Wallirik
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Demonology 1/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 3140
  • RBG: 2754

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:25 PM

Sure, remove the 2set bonus and give us 1shard every 10sec by default.

Or just remove the limit of only 1 corruption giving shards, when we use this many shards to do anything at all..

If this set bonus didn't exist, playing affliction would be an even shittier experience than it is now rofl

Current shard system is a miserable joke.

#15 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

Sure, remove the 2set bonus and give us 1shard every 10sec by default.

Or just remove the limit of only 1 corruption giving shards, when we use this many shards to do anything at all..

Holinka pls do one of these. Maybe the second one is a better solution, cuz it rewards better gameplay more.

#16 hertzuk

hertzuk
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • RBG: 2615
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

Should get a shard when UA gets dispelled.

Posted Image

#17 Arancor

Arancor
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Gilneas
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Soul Shard design is just awful and always has been since its introduction. Only the old version with soul shards as inventory items was worse ;-)

#18 Atosy

Atosy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:34 PM

I didnt play in MoP. Was it better in that expansion? (and im not asking that was it better without the soul swap 1 soul shard cost, cuz it was obviously better/op)

#19 Elictic

Elictic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/./.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

Should get a shard when UA gets dispelled.

Would actually be such a nice set bonues, make it so it can only occur once every 15 seconds though or we would be retarded OP in RBGs.

#20 Keelinm1

Keelinm1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 1702
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

Lets stop double heal teams before making sht that can run them already even better
sometimes i sit up & wonder what could have happened if i never got a job or life, but instead dedicated all my days to my 8/10 normal brf guild http://puu.sh/hd87p.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warlock, destruction, 6.2, affliction, bad, game, play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users