#1 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

Anyone trying out frostbomb? I'm kind of bored with ice nova. The damage doesn't seem that bad, but the burst isnt as high. Maybe viable in comps like fmp and godcomp. Getting frostbomb crits around 20k, which is surprisingly high. Anyone know if damage modifiers apply to frostbomb when you first apply it or when it is detonated? Thanks.

#2 drugdealerx

drugdealerx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane 0/2/0/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 1911
  • 3v3: 2243
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

it doesnt compare to ice nova

first of all, it's casted instead of instant and can be dispelled so its very easily countered
the overall damage output is also lower if ur not spam casting frostbolts to get finger procs, and the unpredictable burst doesnt even compare to ice nova which is why the talent is so good in the first place

#3 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:57 PM

it doesnt compare to ice nova

first of all, it's casted instead of instant and can be dispelled so its very easily countered
the overall damage output is also lower if ur not spam casting frostbolts to get finger procs, and the unpredictable burst doesnt even compare to ice nova which is why the talent is so good in the first place

I know, but over the course of 16 seconds it could do more damage than ice novas, and it is more consistent damage overall. If you have an orb going into pets and are playing godcomp, the healer is usually cc'd long enough for you to get enough icelances off. I think it being dispellable is irrelevant because it has no cooldown. If the healer dispels frost bomb it seems to me like it would be a waste of dispel. Not saying frostbomb would be better than ice nova, I just think it could be viable. Like sub vs. combat.

#4 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Assassination 0/2/2/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 1926

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:59 AM

it could, but it doesnt
i just tried to play with both alternatives, but both suck like hell
even if you have an orb, you dont have enough fingers of frost proccs to do even close dmg to 2 ice novas, rly sry

ice nova is the only thing there for pvp, the other 2 are pve-cleave dmg

#5 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:36 PM

Frostbolt and FFB got a 30% buff on the PTR. It might make Unstable Magic somewhat viable in certain lineups, especially if you can hardcast Frostbolts more frequently, but generally the on-demand burst heavily outfavors the proc chances.

#6 zenton

zenton
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 0/0/1/1/2/1

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:08 PM

The only reason why Frostbomb has a little lead in pve scenarios is because it's sinergy with crystal+splitting ice+orb combo. That's too much setup for pvp. Also casting Frostbomb without procs is a waste.

Curious about Unstable Magic, but I doubt 30% would make any difference.

#7 Tyumbra

Tyumbra
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents:

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:52 AM

We'll have to see when the numbers come back. I don't even know what Frostbolts are supposed to be hitting for anymore since I haven't really played this season at all. But I imagine that if they're critting for 30k, some successful procs could be a pretty hefty amount of damage.

#8 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:37 AM

wont unstable magic just come out to a 15% average increase to turret damage (100+100*0.3*0.5, unless combat rmd fried my brain)? seems beyond mediocre, especially because it takes away the only damage you have left that doesn't break nearby cc (if you pet nova'd for utility)

you're pretty much just stuck being a cheerleader for your rogue/spriest if u take it, unless ur wodcomp insta stuns whole team (godcomp was just the beginning, like the inferior death star from star wars IV)

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#9 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:44 AM

unstable magic would be good if:
1.) it wouldnt break cc
2.) the procc chance was higher
3.) we would rely on fb/ffb dmg
4.) fb/ffb dmg were higher

if you cast fb 24/7 then MAYBE you could consider takin unstable magic (but then you´re playing damn bad/the wrong class)

#10 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 21 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

whole class is aoe
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#11 Lunatic002

Lunatic002
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst

Posted 21 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

whole specc is aoe

fixed it

#12 Keelinm1

Keelinm1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 1702
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

I like frostbomb against red orcs and plants and really anything with a timer at the side of the screen
sometimes i sit up & wonder what could have happened if i never got a job or life, but instead dedicated all my days to my 8/10 normal brf guild http://puu.sh/hd87p.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<