Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 20:58. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Experiment: What CC should never have been instant?

CC DR instant cc crowd control

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 abolishedtehe

abolishedtehe
  • Aboballsack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental
  • 2v2: 1408
  • 3v3: 2917
  • 5v5: 671
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

i dont think mages should have 2 schools to cast cc from off a deep. Thats the only thing that bothers me cc wise atm actually. just think damage from some classes is too much

tbh everything bothers me friends have quit remaining friends have turned into rats game is shit runescape ftw star wars online is the shit lord of the rings going strong minecraft better you know the drill

Edited by abolishedtehe, 09 April 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#22 Itsnel

Itsnel
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Unholy 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1851
  • 3v3: 2707
  • RBG: 1884

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:36 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, TALKING ABOUT BIAS, HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

Warlock Fear ? Fine, casted 1.7 sec.

Warlock Howl ? Fine, needs to be in melee range.

Polymorph ? Fine, casted 1.7 sec.

Kidney Shot ? Fine, requires CPs and melee range.

Cyclone ? Fine, casted 1.7 sec.

Warrior fear and Priest fear ? Fine, close range.

Hex ? Fine, casted and dispellable by DPS classes.

All of the above also predictable as fuck.
etc

compared to physical, ungroundable, unavoidable effects that stun from 30 yards ( stormbolt, asphyx ); compared to Gouge, that shouldn't exist in the game right now ; compared to trap which is unavoidable if the hunter team is good, etc.

thanks for proving my point

#23 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

thanks for proving my point

the bias is always real with Lolflay

Polymorph is close to unavoidable nowadays anyway and u can pretty much fear the entire arena with heroic leap + fear combination

and pretty sure asphyxiate is groundable

Edited by Imtaz, 09 April 2015 - 09:12 PM.

#24 user_543622

user_543622
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Xavius
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1674
  • 3v3: 2601
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

Intimidating shout needs a cast time

2min cd imo.

#25 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2471
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

2min cd imo.

ye pretty much this
dumb that it doesn't align with trinkets tbh like blind does

#26 Nahj

Nahj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents:
  • LocationAZ

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Trap is dumb, I miss the counter-play to it. Maybe with instant arming traps they could make it so most recent person on x square has priority for eating trap.

wyvern should have never existed (at least meld is fixed).

Edited by Nahj, 09 April 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#27 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:27 AM

If I cared about this game I'm sure I would be biased about it and about things that potentially personally annoy me.

Polymorph is close to unavoidable nowadays anyway and u can pretty much fear the entire arena with heroic leap + fear combination

I was talking about mechanics of those abilities. On paper, they're not overpowered one single bit. In reality, sometimes they're broken as fuck ( RMD ), sometimes they're "eeeeeeeh, I could care less about it".

I've watched Jahmilli some time ago, he spamqueued 3s with whoever he could find, and he didn't play godcomp or RMD in that session iirc. Versus turbocleave, it felt something like the following. First attempt at sheeping ? One interrupt. Second attempt ? Second interrupt. Third attempt ? Grounding. Fourth attempt ? Mass reflection. Fifth attempt ? Stun. Sixth attempt ? Interrupt. He got off a Frostjaw but was never able to land a sheep while getting relentlessly trained ( he did get few sheeps in after being persistent as fuck about it ( if I was his enemy I'd probably think "Jesus fuck dude just FUCK OFF already" ), and still won the game with just landing 2x Ice Novas when the time was right, go fucking figure Blizztards ).

and pretty sure asphyxiate is groundable

I wouldn't know, because I didn't play with a DK or a shaman this season ( I lie, I did a bit but nothing worth mentioning ), nor did I play my DK much outside of facerolling to 2.2k in 2s at start of season. I don't mind being proven wrong, so thanks for that info.

Whole majority of MoP was problematic because of stupid instant CCs that ruined the game ( Shadowfury, Asphyxiate, hunter trap, PoM Polymorph, Psyfiend, Disorienting Roar, etc etc etc ), some of them got fixed, some of them are still at large, including the ones I've mentioned. I don't care about the state of the mentioned classes with said abilities are in, point is that those abilities are simply dumb.

So when you call me biased about mentioning your class, it kind of works in a different way than you'd expect it to work.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#28 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:37 AM

On an ability with an 8 yard range and a long CD? So, essentially, you want it taken from the game. I'll tell you what, you can have that when Blizzard puts a 1.5 sec cast time on Mind Freeze. Out of all of the mindless instant CCs we have seen from Blizzard over the years, I am amazed that this is the best you can come up with.

I was in fact not being 100% serious.
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#29 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:38 AM

Also who remembers http://www.wowhead.c...073/earthshaker

Got to 2.6k in 2s only using that wep when they first introduced Necrotic strike

good times.
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#30 Elictic

Elictic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/./.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 12:16 PM

Remove all range stuns, melee only should have them at melee range.
Nerf trap radius and make it tiny.
Remove deep freeze as a stun, put it on poly DR (Don't care if it kills mages, fuck em)
Remove vanish from combat spec
Make poly 6 seconds

please

#31 Cocoapuffs

Cocoapuffs
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 960
  • 3v3: 2368
  • RBG: 1147

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

- any stun that has higher range than melee range, and isn't magical ( Aspyhxiate, Storm Bolt, etc )

- Hunter trap

Your horror is off DR of stuns which allows the chain of a random stun into your horror and then silence being absolutely retarded if used on a healer, or really anybody where the silence would affect them living or dying which is actually a ridiculously long amount of time being unable to do anything about it. It's nearly as bad as Ice Nova stunning you over and over after you already had to deal with being stunned. Maybe horror on it's own is fine but it really shouldn't be off stun DR imo.

Edited by Cocoapuffs, 10 April 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#32 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

Your horror is off DR of stuns which allows the chain of a random stun into your horror and then silence being absolutely retarded if used on a healer, or really anybody where the silence would affect them living or dying which is actually a ridiculously long amount of time being unable to do anything about it. It's nearly as bad as Ice Nova stunning you over and over after you already had to deal with being stunned. Maybe horror on it's own is fine but it really shouldn't be off stun DR imo.

You're not wrong at all, concepture of having 9 ( or 10 with HoJ ) lockdowns every 30 seconds is a bit dumb, especially when coupled with Silence.

Still, the problem doesn't lie in the Shadowpriest part of the equation, otherwise you'd see SP/Combat, SP/Ret, SP/Feral tearing down the ladders. I've tried those comps, and they have all been subpar as fuck.

The only 4 wizardcleaves that really work at the moment are SP/mage/druid, SP/mage/paladin, boomkin/mage/paladin, and LSD. Notice something that repeats itself 3 times ? Mages are simply the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to enabling a composition to work right now. On their own they're fucking horrible, but when paired with either a burst class with short functioning window ( boomkin, shadowpriest ) or with a high DPS class ( combat rogue ), they simply work far too well. Also fuck Ice Nova

And that's a problem with the game in general, not only tied to their class. "Individual" is a term kinda lost in the current arena. In previous expansions you've had 3 individuals that formed a team, and every action that individuals made mattered; in MoP and now you have "a team" and the only thing that matters is how the team as a whole plays.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#33 Elictic

Elictic
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/./.

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:42 PM

You're not wrong at all, concepture of having 9 ( or 10 with HoJ ) lockdowns every 30 seconds is a bit dumb, especially when coupled with Silence.

Still, the problem doesn't lie in the Shadowpriest part of the equation, otherwise you'd see SP/Combat, SP/Ret, SP/Feral tearing down the ladders. I've tried those comps, and they have all been subpar as fuck.

The only 4 wizardcleaves that really work at the moment are SP/mage/druid, SP/mage/paladin, boomkin/mage/paladin, and LSD. Notice something that repeats itself 3 times ? Mages are simply the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to enabling a composition to work right now. On their own they're fucking horrible, but when paired with either a burst class with short functioning window ( boomkin, shadowpriest ) or with a high DPS class ( combat rogue ), they simply work far too well. Also fuck Ice Nova

And that's a problem with the game in general, not only tied to their class. "Individual" is a term kinda lost in the current arena. In previous expansions you've had 3 individuals that formed a team, and every action that individuals made mattered; in MoP and now you have "a team" and the only thing that matters is how the team as a whole plays.

If you play with a resto shaman every member of the team has to play perfectly tbh. In WLS you need the warrior and lock to constantly tell you when you can and can't cast and when they are going to make room for a cast. I've played with bad warriors in my time and in WLS it is hugely important everyone plays well.

#34 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

If you play with a resto shaman every member of the team has to play perfectly tbh. In WLS you need the warrior and lock to constantly tell you when you can and can't cast and when they are going to make room for a cast. I've played with bad warriors in my time and in WLS it is hugely important everyone plays well.

yea

#35 Violatrix

Violatrix
  • Premium Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Discipline 0/2/1/0/2/1
  • RBG: 1790
  • LocationLos Angeles, California, USA

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

I was in fact not being 100% serious.

Bah! I originally typed "I hope you are trolling" at the beginning of my post but removed it. My bad. :mellow:

Lightweight Chastise CD tracker:  http://www.curse.com...ixchastisetimer

Feral tears  :wub:

#36 Origenz

Origenz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:01 AM

Intimidating shout needs a cast time

I wouldnt mind this, but if it's going to have a cast time should be shorter cd (30 seconds seems reasonable)

#37 Unkk

Unkk
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 1/2/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1910
  • 3v3: 2773
  • RBG: 1487

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:42 AM

Lolflay is like the least biased poster on the forums these days which is a stark contrast to aj tbc lolflay, the only poster i always remember even aftrr a 5 yr break because he was so annoying in tbc lol.

Anyways what I'm saying is that Lolflay is right in this.
Please review the signature guidelines.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CC, DR, instant cc, crowd control

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users