Photo

Tips on 'surviving' combat rogues as a rdruid?

rdruid combat rogue 2v2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

I play some 2s with a rdruid friend of mine, we are doing ok versus everything at the moment (2k MMR ish, me playing SV hunter) with the main exception being combat rogue + healer (specifically priests). He really struggles to survive against them and is looking for some tips.

Only thing i've noticed that needs working on is saving displacer till after spree ends, a few times hes panicked and displacer'd mid killing spree only for the rogue to obviously follow him automatically through spree.

Mainly asking regarding 2v2 but obviously if you can survive them in 3v3 surviving them in 2s will be alot easier, so any tips are welcome!

#2 Arteqt

Arteqt
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/1/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2209
  • 3v3: 2107
  • 5v5: 1949
  • RBG: 1608

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hots + Bear form
Travel form + Faerie Fire spam
Pull behind pillar + root
Bash reflection during ks

#3 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:30 AM

Hots + Bear form
Travel form + Faerie Fire spam
Pull behind pillar + root
Bash reflection during ks

Cheers, i see him using bear form a lot but specifically vs priests he often ends up hotless and then has to switch into caster to re-apply, soon as he goes caster he gets kidney'd which puts him in trouble.

Bash on the shadow reflection is one i've never heard of? We usually try to bash rogue and clone / trap when hes at yellow buff to try and prevent the red.

Also, is the blooming glyph bugged? Heard somewhere it was and wasn't healing extra on dispells just on when it expires, which is almost never as its getting purged.

• Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2287
  • 3v3: 2828
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 2285

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

Cheers, i see him using bear form a lot but specifically vs priests he often ends up hotless and then has to switch into caster to re-apply, soon as he goes caster he gets kidney'd which puts him in trouble.

Bash on the shadow reflection is one i've never heard of? We usually try to bash rogue and clone / trap when hes at yellow buff to try and prevent the red.

Also, is the blooming glyph bugged? Heard somewhere it was and wasn't healing extra on dispells just on when it expires, which is almost never as its getting purged.

Leaving bear form to reapply hots is not worth it if the enemy rogue both has kidney off cooldown and is able to get in range to use it (beware of shadowstep aswell). Rather just tank the damage unhotted in bear form and use bear abilities (mangle/thrash/frienzied regeneration) to survive until you can outrange the rogue again or after he kidney'd into bear form. Hots obviously do some healing but the damage mitigation from bear form is way more effective. But otherwise, pretty much what the other guy said (outrange the rogue, CC yellow/red buff, sit bear whenever the other options aren't possible for whatever reason).

edit: forget about blooming glyph, even vs purge classes (i.e. priest). I haven't heard of or noticed any bugs with it so far but even if it was working as intended the healing you gain from it isn't too great. Just pick up glyph of shapemender instead

Edited by Dommeil, 09 April 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#5 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

Leaving bear form to reapply hots is not worth it if the enemy rogue both has kidney off cooldown and is able to get in range to use it (beware of shadowstep aswell). Rather just tank the damage unhotted in bear form and use bear abilities (mangle/thrash/frienzied regeneration) to survive until you can outrange the rogue again or after he kidney'd into bear form. Hots obviously do some healing but the damage mitigation from bear form is way more effective. But otherwise, pretty much what the other guy said (outrange the rogue, CC yellow/red buff, sit bear whenever the other options aren't possible for whatever reason).

edit: forget about blooming glyph, even vs purge classes (i.e. priest). I haven't heard of or noticed any bugs with it so far but even if it was working as intended the healing you gain from it isn't too great. Just pick up glyph of shapemender instead

Thanks, sound advice. I will show him this thread later.

#6 Stupidloser

Stupidloser
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:03 PM

Spam faerie swarm. He shouldn't be able to touch you unless he has shadowstep. Range shadowstep as much as possible. If he gets in range for whatever reason, just bearform the step kidney. If you are having trouble getting away once he's on you, don't use a powershifting macro. Leave form and then hit travel form as soon as he re-applies crippling poison.

You can argue that if the druid wants to do anything offensive for his team, the rogue is going to get uptime on him. Don't worry about winning the game though. You will win in dampening. Just be a pest and run away forever :).

You as the hunter can also stun on the rogue's stuns if you want to be a dick. If you really want to be a megavirgin, you can just cc the rogue when he has yellow/red buff.

Happy 2sing.

#7 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:08 PM

Just curious,

Who do you guys feel has the upper hand combat/rdruid vs hunter/rdruid. At the moment I feel like both grossly counter war/healer and dk/healer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rdruid, combat rogue, 2v2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<