• EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 2836
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:09 AM

Hello monks.

Everyone knows that DK/WW/Hpally (punchcleave I think it's called) is one of the better WW comps, so I've been playing it exclusively now.

We've tried nearly any combination unholy/frost and hurricane strike/chi explosion specs, but we cannot seem to climb higher than 2350ish. Highest we have reached was exactly 2406 playing frost and hurricane strike.

What spec should the DK play in this comp? I've seen some variety, but looks like mostly UH dks are being used for higher ratings, so we tried that. Our spread pressure is insane if we get to set it up correctly

Most of the time, the DK goes for a healer and I will put my spirit on his target. But we seem to struggle against any mage teams, I cannot stop all the CC alone since the DK is on the healer. Both of us tunneling the mage doesn't seem to work either. Both of us tunneling the healer will cause us to be overwhelmed by CC and then I ultimately die.

I know we're not playing perfectly. We still have communication and CD management issues, so I would like to hear how you guys manage them in your teams.

I would appreciate greatly if someone doesn't TL;DR and answer the following questions. :D

1. What strategies do you use vs. RMD and Godcomp? Who to kill?
2. How do you position against the above teams and in general?
3. When should I tunnel the healer with my DK and when to split (example, vs WLS I like to go on the warlock while my DK and my spirit tunnels the healer).
4. Asphyxiate vs. Strangulate? Necrotic Plague vs Breath? Frost vs Unholy?

This should do for now. Any tips and discussion regarding this comp is also welcome in this thread. :D

Edited by Divinitum, 08 April 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#2 AmberAT

AmberAT
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2377
  • 3v3: 1343
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:20 AM

fuck you for playing this

#3 Keelinm1

Keelinm1
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1415
  • 3v3: 1702
  • RBG: 1681

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

Not like your ever gonna que into him, also I have no xp in this comp but if you havent heard already, mes and venruki stream this comp a lot if you wanna watch vods
sometimes i sit up & wonder what could have happened if i never got a job or life, but instead dedicated all my days to my 8/10 normal brf guild http://puu.sh/hd87p.jpg

#4 Divinitum

Divinitum
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 384
  • 3v3: 2836
  • LocationFinland

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

fuck you for playing this

Posted Image

Not like your ever gonna que into him, also I have no xp in this comp but if you havent heard already, mes and venruki stream this comp a lot if you wanna watch vods

Yeah I've been following Venruki's stream closely. I watch the vods pretty often, and their playstyle seems to largely match ours. They do face same struggles as us, however manage to fight back at greater success. I've been also been comparing the playstyles between Voltariux/Volkovich and Zeyond/Revo and they seem to have some variation.

#5 Jimbay

Jimbay
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2151
  • 3v3: 1929
  • 5v5: 1919
  • RBG: 1801

Posted 08 April 2015 - 04:18 PM

I can give a few pointers from the dk perspective.

Unholy is going to be stronger for almost any match up and since you cant switch pre-enter anymore I'd stick with that. Unholy pressure alone allows the WW to sit back defensively for 80% of the game waiting for the stars to align.

Spec is situational.

You will notice when watching any of the above streams. NP is seriously good against melee cleaves and you need to have your whole team position correctly for the pressure to work (enemy melee target from your team needs to position on/near your dk without sacrificing trinket/death of course).

Against rdruids and disc priests breath tends to function better, I put this down to their ability to heal through spread pressure better (and priests just die).

NP, for the inverse reason as explained above (x2) is weaker against spellcleaves (godcomp really) and this is due to their ability to spread and the SP can and should dispel stacks off of the main target. That been said, switching to plaguebringer from blight still generates enough pressure with NP and of course breath is weaker against a godcomp/lockspellcleave as they have plenty of port abilities.

As for asphyx/strang I would suggest asphyx. The silence "fallback" of the spell can be used on a fully stun DR'd target to great effect actually and this is quite easily possible with ww/pala and ghoul stun at your disposal. Think of it as a strang each minute (with no rune cost or facing req) and an extra stun for the other (30sec cd x 2 = 1 min. duhhh).

Having the stun is just an extra fallback against mage teams for poly/ring or deep/poly should you not have something else up to deal with it.

I would still recommend Strang+glyph against disc priests and Breath for good measure.

As for play style, the monk spends about 80% of the game kiting/healing/peeling/stoppingCC whilst waiting for stacks for a switch burst on primary target (or anything the DK has strong aids on).

#6 KenjiixSebastian

KenjiixSebastian
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 1/2/0/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1630
  • RBG: 1503
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:41 PM

Walking Dead

2900 Holy Paladin Stream 
http://Twitch.tv/ItsSavzYo

#7 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2631
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:44 AM

frost is usually better, run strang unless druid comp then u should run asphyx. at least thats how we do it. Unh is better against teams that u don't need to oneshot. like WLS / hunter comps / basically anything that isn't rmd/godcomp

for RMD go hurricane strike+asphyx. After their retarded oneshot opener and you have used every single CD to survive the first 10 seconds, paralyze druid and walk at him. Have your DK stun him and pop every swifty CD you have, if he trinkets then legsweep insta into hurricane. If he doesn't trinket then legsweep hurricane after he will blink, DK grips him and he dies. If you face that same team again the druid will be hiding and bearform abusing like a little bitch and mage will be spam sheeping more so you have to change the strat. Take rouge behind pillar, stun+hurricane with no trinket = dead have ur DK stun druid on the burst on rogue. RMP is really easy just tunnel priest and win

Godcomp druid go hurricane+strang. Open priest and the INSTANT druid leave stealth (so he won't get hots up) grip into double legsweep and swifty the priest. Strang druid off the stun into paralyze on the end. Should be 100% disperse + at least SP trinket. Maybe NS or druid trinket. Do it again 45s later win. Or just lose coz they are godcomp and unless you have a perfect burst they win by default coz holinka :)

godcomp hpala go chi exp + strang. U need to force bubble ASAP so pop EVERYthing u have in the start and have your pala trinket+bubble to keep u up with his CDs coz there is literally no point using karma at this point unless you want to give them the free win. Stun pala into strang. he aura's and cast use DR stun on the cast depending on procs u might force bubble or maybe his NS will crit you have to wait till next stun to get bubble. Force bubble then wait until their next burst (which will usually be in 10-15 second coz godcomp infinite CC and burst) let ur pala sit CC (he will probably have used everything at this point anyway) use karma on paladin he can't get rid of it, go ham and kill him right there. Hpala godcomp games very rarely go over 2-3 min

anything with rsham+notret chi explosion+strang tunnel blue and win. vs Rsham+ret tunnel blue and win a few mins later coz ret peels are aids. mby swap him if he's retarded and bubbles a CC or something. Warlocks are a trick you should only touch it if the shaman gets a full reset 100% HP behind a pillar and your team is at like 20% with few CDs (at this point you deserve to lose tbh). Just hit lock and kick him until you can stabilize and get back on the blue.

hunter/melee/X chi explosion+strang go on the healer, no particular MLG tactics here you pretty much just have to tunnel the healer and win. If there is a paladin you need to hold Karma until BOP or lose. I honestly rather die with Karma off CD than use it into a BOP

turbocleave i don't have a specific tactic. After a LOT of games against nepho turbo (3100+ highest world) they keep changing up the strat after we would win and make it really hard for us until we discovered something new. The most generally effective strat is to tunnel monk unless bridge. If bridge then monk go on MW and DK sit on DPS to peel them off the paladin. you WILL easy win on mana so as long as you force the DPS to hit the DK you automatically win, good turbos will be able to connect on pala though and they will kill him/force CDs 10x faster than you will on the monk. Monk is very hard to kill you need to catch him with his pants down and take advantage of the pressure. Can be really easy or really hard matchup depending on the players

TSG is rly easy, tunnel healer and win. If your healer is getting farmed then drop back to make a peel, you benefit more from the long game than they do so take your time and keep the melees off your healer, and connect with ur DK when their healer runs in. easy matchup

Don't overthink the comp, that's the biggest mistake you can possibly make. Don't be fooled by venruki's stream discussing different MLG tactics for each scenario. The only reason they can make it work like that is coz they are fucking insane players who and extremely good tactic-wise on a fundamental basis. For the average joe running this comp it is 10x more effective to tunnel the healer instead of trying random stupid shit.

GL and hope u have fun in this awful game.

Edited by Lightningx, 14 April 2015 - 02:50 AM.

#8 Lemuria

Lemuria
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/0/.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

frost is usually better, run strang unless druid comp then u should run asphyx. at least thats how we do it. Unh is better against teams that u don't need to oneshot. like WLS / hunter comps / basically anything that isn't rmd/godcomp

for RMD go hurricane strike+asphyx. After their retarded oneshot opener and you have used every single CD to survive the first 10 seconds, paralyze druid and walk at him. Have your DK stun him and pop every swifty CD you have, if he trinkets then legsweep insta into hurricane. If he doesn't trinket then legsweep hurricane after he will blink, DK grips him and he dies. If you face that same team again the druid will be hiding and bearform abusing like a little bitch and mage will be spam sheeping more so you have to change the strat. Take rouge behind pillar, stun+hurricane with no trinket = dead have ur DK stun druid on the burst on rogue. RMP is really easy just tunnel priest and win

Godcomp druid go hurricane+strang. Open priest and the INSTANT druid leave stealth (so he won't get hots up) grip into double legsweep and swifty the priest. Strang druid off the stun into paralyze on the end. Should be 100% disperse + at least SP trinket. Maybe NS or druid trinket. Do it again 45s later win. Or just lose coz they are godcomp and unless you have a perfect burst they win by default coz holinka :)

godcomp hpala go chi exp + strang. U need to force bubble ASAP so pop EVERYthing u have in the start and have your pala trinket+bubble to keep u up with his CDs coz there is literally no point using karma at this point unless you want to give them the free win. Stun pala into strang. he aura's and cast use DR stun on the cast depending on procs u might force bubble or maybe his NS will crit you have to wait till next stun to get bubble. Force bubble then wait until their next burst (which will usually be in 10-15 second coz godcomp infinite CC and burst) let ur pala sit CC (he will probably have used everything at this point anyway) use karma on paladin he can't get rid of it, go ham and kill him right there. Hpala godcomp games very rarely go over 2-3 min

anything with rsham+notret chi explosion+strang tunnel blue and win. vs Rsham+ret tunnel blue and win a few mins later coz ret peels are aids. mby swap him if he's retarded and bubbles a CC or something. Warlocks are a trick you should only touch it if the shaman gets a full reset 100% HP behind a pillar and your team is at like 20% with few CDs (at this point you deserve to lose tbh). Just hit lock and kick him until you can stabilize and get back on the blue.

hunter/melee/X chi explosion+strang go on the healer, no particular MLG tactics here you pretty much just have to tunnel the healer and win. If there is a paladin you need to hold Karma until BOP or lose. I honestly rather die with Karma off CD than use it into a BOP

turbocleave i don't have a specific tactic. After a LOT of games against nepho turbo (3100+ highest world) they keep changing up the strat after we would win and make it really hard for us until we discovered something new. The most generally effective strat is to tunnel monk unless bridge. If bridge then monk go on MW and DK sit on DPS to peel them off the paladin. you WILL easy win on mana so as long as you force the DPS to hit the DK you automatically win, good turbos will be able to connect on pala though and they will kill him/force CDs 10x faster than you will on the monk. Monk is very hard to kill you need to catch him with his pants down and take advantage of the pressure. Can be really easy or really hard matchup depending on the players

TSG is rly easy, tunnel healer and win. If your healer is getting farmed then drop back to make a peel, you benefit more from the long game than they do so take your time and keep the melees off your healer, and connect with ur DK when their healer runs in. easy matchup

Don't overthink the comp, that's the biggest mistake you can possibly make. Don't be fooled by venruki's stream discussing different MLG tactics for each scenario. The only reason they can make it work like that is coz they are fucking insane players who and extremely good tactic-wise on a fundamental basis. For the average joe running this comp it is 10x more effective to tunnel the healer instead of trying random stupid shit.

GL and hope u have fun in this awful game.

So, as a monk, should I tunnel the healer with my dk, or just peel dps until we can burst then I switch to healer?

#9 Lightningx

Lightningx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 2631
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAntarctica

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

So, as a monk, should I tunnel the healer with my dk, or just peel dps until we can burst then I switch to healer?

in general. Just run at the healer 24/7. It simply IS the most effective tactic and even though it is boring, stupid, and braindead you would be gimping yourself to do anything else. Both of you should run at the healer from start to finish with the ONLY exception being druids. Chasing druid healer for more than a few seconds is VERY bad since he will kite you and have full HOTS up. With druids you want to swap on him when he is in caster form without HOTS (Paralyze him, into a stun).

Other than that run at the healer 24/7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<