Photo

Sub rogue - DfA or Venom Rush?

sub

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Lacuss

Lacuss

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

pleb sub rogue here running thug. I'm torn between these two talents, it seems like there's no "right" choice. The extra energy/regen from venom is nice when using fok but the gap closer/damage of DfA is also really nice as well. Should you run venom when facing comps with pets that make aoe poison application easy and DfA for everything else?

#2 varellz

varellz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2015 - 04:09 PM

venom rush for more max energy. your dances and openers are more powerful and thats what matters most of the time, so not even counting in the energyregbuff vr>dfa.

#3 Screenqtx

Screenqtx
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/0/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1441
  • 3v3: 1655
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 384

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

dfa is really unstable

#4 Milaya

Milaya
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2127
  • 3v3: 2156
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1618

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:15 AM

Had a game today where DFA would get me to the target but didnt do the Evi nor consumed the CPs.
The Jaimex List:

1) Priest in WoD Season 2 are OP
2) Hydra is the one of the worst Priests
3) No one loses a Glad spot for Boosting
4) Ele Shamans only hit for 30k LB even though Zeepeye did 49k like 3 weeks into S2
5) Boosting is not against the ToS
6) Money from Boosts do not need to get taxed
7) Supply and demand is the reason for boosts
8) js rshamans dont heal 200k unless they get lucky, maybe 100k consistently

#5 Tomxoqt

Tomxoqt
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/2/0/1/./.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:35 AM

It's sad that after nearly 6 months since release, we still can't comfortably pick one of our 3 one hundred talents because of its extreme buggy stake. Fuck that fucking cunt we all know as Holinka.

#6 Milaya

Milaya
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/1/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2127
  • 3v3: 2156
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1618

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:49 AM

As much as you want to blame Holinka. He is not responsible, that the guys in charge of the Code doesnt bring Dfa to run smooth.

Still a pity job done non the less.
The Jaimex List:

1) Priest in WoD Season 2 are OP
2) Hydra is the one of the worst Priests
3) No one loses a Glad spot for Boosting
4) Ele Shamans only hit for 30k LB even though Zeepeye did 49k like 3 weeks into S2
5) Boosting is not against the ToS
6) Money from Boosts do not need to get taxed
7) Supply and demand is the reason for boosts
8) js rshamans dont heal 200k unless they get lucky, maybe 100k consistently

#7 Vaneesh

Vaneesh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

DFA hits extremely hard but makes the spec much more clunky. VR provides a ton of utility and as a bonus provides Sub with a bit more tempo on its burst. Even post 6.1, I think VR is still a clear winner.

Also consider that a lot of your job as Sub has to do with cross-CC (since current gear levels don't enable the spec to do very much pressure outside of Opener/Dance Stuns+Eviscerates). VR enables you to do this much more efficiently and fuels all those Feints/Shivs/Garrotes/Cheap Shots/Fan of Knives you'll be tossing around (many of them around or during burst windows).

On a side note, as much fun as it is to play Subtlety, wouldn't recommend it for Thug. Just go Combat and complement BM's retarded unkiteable damage with even more retarded unkiteable damage, IMO.

#8 ContortedTV

ContortedTV
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1768
  • 3v3: 2757

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

On a side note, as much fun as it is to play Subtlety, wouldn't recommend it for Thug. Just go Combat and complement BM's retarded unkiteable damage with even more retarded unkiteable damage, IMO.

o.O I'm not sure about that one. I actually think that Thug is one of the few comps where Sub is very very close to Combat in terms of efficiency.
Posted Image

#9 TOmjashroom

TOmjashroom
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Frostmourne
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2319
  • 3v3: 2123
  • RBG: 1148

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:09 AM

I love me some DFA

#10 akatyrone

akatyrone
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2505
  • 3v3: 2760
  • 5v5: 1248
  • RBG: 2043

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

lol @ all the combat rogues putting in their 2c like they have an idea

#11 Jinada

Jinada
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ясеневый лес
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2295
  • 3v3: 1869
  • RBG: 1735

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

DanceOpen

Venomrush - Cheap->Hemo->ambush->Evis->Mark->kidney->ambush->cheap->Evis
DfA - Cheap->Hemo->ambush->Evis->Mark->kidney->ambush.(or cheap)

Do sub rogue need DfA if he have no energy for use it in open?
In standart stunlock i cant use DfA. Will be gap in stunlock, this is unacceptable.

#12 Vaneesh

Vaneesh
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Arygos
  • Nightfall
  • Talents:

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

o.O I'm not sure about that one. I actually think that Thug is one of the few comps where Sub is very very close to Combat in terms of efficiency.

Why is that?

Also, what do you think of SubRMP/RMD?

#13 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:23 PM

Why is that?

Because sub is really good for setting up windows for it's team mates, so it can excell in druid thug, by letting the rdruid get off much more clones due to offcheaps/multitarget lockdowns, and allowing the hunter to maxamize his damage every BW+Crows, which if helped by the sub rogues utility, will give you enough damage to kill. Combat does really well with RMD since the mage and druid dont need help setting up their control since the mage has nothing better to do than to spam sheeps and rotate them, and the druid will be able to follow up with clones as sheeps are being rotated. The mage and druid bring so much constant control, that the extra utility of sub is going to be wasted, plus it's damage wont be as good as the constant pressure that combat will be able to apply and ofcourse just the damage of red sprees when mage has double ice nova available.

Since thug can't really play as scripted since hunter CC has cds on it, the comp plays moreso around timings and good set ups, which is what sub can really help with. Of course there are match ups where combat will still be useful in just bringing extra pressure (turbos etc) but overall subs utility is utilized really well with thug since BM hunters bring more than enough damage.

On the topic of talents venom rush would most likely be the best since it will just allow you to get off more control during dances, which is mostly what you want to focus on with thugcleave.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#14 ContortedTV

ContortedTV
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Why is that?

Dilly is the king of Thug so his opinion should be taken very highly. Keep in mind I'm 100 rating higher this season as Combat than Sub (sorry)

But...

Find Weakness has amazing synergy with BM burst. With Barrage + Crows (not sure if crows is affected by armor) + Kill Command bypassing 50% of the target's armor... it's really scary. Couple that with Prey on the Weak and two 50k eviscerates (pretend Ambush/backstab don't exist) and you have really scary damage.

EDIT: I'm an idiot.

I also feel like Subtlety has more utility. I mean... Vanish CD is 30 seconds longer but you're less hesitant to Kidney healer or something than as Combat (internal bleeding is good). And that's if you ignore Shadow Dance... so Subtlety is pretty good in that area.

Sub RMP/RMD is uhh... not as good as Combat RMD. I will say this though, you can babysit your mage/druid SOOOOOOOO fkn hard as Sub. But Combat is just better =/.

Play whatever's fun TO YOU, I think I'm done with Combat for this xpac.

Edited by ContortedTV, 07 April 2015 - 05:25 PM.

Posted Image

#15 varellz

varellz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/2/0/0
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

sounds like you have no clue of sub. find weakness is for the rogue only your not buffing your mates.

#16 ContortedTV

ContortedTV
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Thrall
  • Stormstrike

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

sounds like you have no clue of sub. find weakness is for the rogue only your not buffing your mates.

o.O you're right

Looks like it's just utility then LOL
Posted Image

#17 Dak1

Dak1
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Llane
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2065
  • 3v3: 2036
  • 5v5: 1832
  • RBG: 2117

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:11 PM

DfA hits hard, provides an additional gap closer, and gives you an immunity against CC (both casted and things like Binding Shot). I greatly prefer the extra utility, and find I still have plenty of energy/combo points for setting up kills.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<