• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1570
  • 3v3: 1858

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:21 AM

You are ready to burst. You deep -> sheepx3 healer. Going to kill the dps.

Everything is lining up with trinket proc, icicles, incanters on the way to 5, two ice novas ready.

What I get confused by is ice nova, do you use the first one with a pet nova to shatter? Since we use deep to cc most of the time, and you can only use pet nova to shatter one ice nova do you just use the other one and hope a crit? Orb + comet and then frost bolt/lance spam after that?

Or do you pet nova into fb and a lance cast to shatter? Then use the ice novas without a shatter?

#2 nive

nive
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1570
  • 3v3: 1858

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

Okay life is back on track

#3 rwlolcurse

rwlolcurse
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Affliction ./././././0/.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

you can have 2 crits of icenova if your gcd is 1 sec with veins up by pet nova-> ice nova-> ice nova
if veins not up its just ice nova-> ice nova and you get crit on second one.
Using 2 icenova on target with root dr is most of time no crits if veins not up

#4 razmog

razmog
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1219
  • 3v3: 1527
  • 5v5: 1614
  • RBG: 1897

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

Ice nova root isn't in its own DR category ?

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

Or do you pet nova into fb and a lance cast to shatter? Then use the ice novas without a shatter?

ice nova will do about twice the damage of a frostbolt + icelance into a nova if it crits

don't try to over-complicate your thought process when bursting, it will hurt you more then it helps you :) the game is just not set up that way anymore

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 28 March 2015 - 10:23 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:04 PM

So Pet nova (FoF) -> ORB -> IcyNova -> IcyNova -> Lance spam?

#7 ijustdontknowwhattodo

ijustdontknowwhattodo
  • Members

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

hey guys, i have a few questions, can someone explain, please?

The best burst is orb, pet nova, ice nova, ice nova, right? But what is the best way to insert comet storm there?

Also, do you wait ice nova till x2 charges for a strong burst or just spam every cd?

same as above, but about pet nova, save it to use with ice nova or just every cd to get more lances procs and stuff?

thanks!

#8 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tirion
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Arcane 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 3v3: 2284
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

i never had a burst rotation , just pressed the abilities that do most dmg first followed by others.
Only thing i didn't want to do is to prioritize other spells instead of lance if i have 2 proccs alrdy cuz a 3rd might get overlapped.

#9 KeyonZ

KeyonZ
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Vek'nilash
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1628
  • 3v3: 1771
  • RBG: 576

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

Damn, I love it. The guy at 3k CR has no burst rotation and says he hits the abilities that do the most damage. There was a commercial recently (albeit a bad one) where some random beer dude is like answering the same number for every question, and stumbles upon the answer to some math question that had been unanswered for like hundreds of years.

Granted, I realize for min/maxxing there's probably a specific order that's just right, but I still find it pretty amusing nonetheless.

I think more than anything, it's a reflection of the current meta for mages: if you don't kill your target by using up all of your damage abilities during your burst windows, it doesn't matter which order you use them in because you're just going to wait for the next kill opportunity when the abilities are off CD. It really shows the importance of their CC and makes their PVE rotation/priority system seem awfully unimportant.

Good advice overall though, I'm trying to get my mage going lately in time for next season!

#10 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:00 PM

Granted, I realize for min/maxxing there's probably a specific order that's just right, but I still find it pretty amusing nonetheless.

people who sound like you always tend to massively over-estimate how important min-maxing is, as opposed to just playing consistently well

how do you do the most damage you can in 1 gcd? press ice nova
in two gcds? press ice nova twice
in three gcds? press ice nova twice + comet storm

there is very very little you can do to min-max those three globals, and every other spell that you do is quite irrelevant in comparison - the best thing you can do is just stop worrying about it and spam games

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 21 May 2015 - 09:02 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#11 KeyonZ

KeyonZ
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Vek'nilash
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1628
  • 3v3: 1771
  • RBG: 576

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:58 PM

people who sound like you always tend to massively over-estimate how important min-maxing is, as opposed to just playing consistently well

I'm not sure what part of my post you took as me taking a side on min-maxing, much less over-estimating it. I was merely acknowledging that there's a benefit to min-maxing, not how substantial it is or isn't. You can't argue there's a benefit to it, it's just a matter of whether you feel the benefit is significant or relatively negligible.

So yeah, not what I was saying at all.

In reality, I actually agree with you completely. I'm a 1700-1900 player and min-maxing my rotation/priorities on the classes I currently play doesn't seem to have a substantial impact. I just don't play consistently well enough to be a 2200 player.

Classes with larger sustained damage, proportionately lower burst, and/or larger kill windows are definitely going to have a lot more benefit from min-maxing your rotation/priorities. A class whose 3-4 best comps are completely control-based such as a mage's are, won't benefit as much.

I realize some players hate the control games that mage comps play because of the frustration of having your healer sitting in CC for longer than they're not in CC, but to me it's also refreshing to see a class that doesn't require you to perfect a PVE rotation in a PVP setting to be successful, yet still has, and rewards, a high skill cap. If Blizzard could replicate this type of gameplay across the board and replace some of the CC with more proactive/reactive counters, it would probably do a lot to appease the people who hate PVP in its current state.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<