rubik66a
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1053

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

I’m a newly with my monk WM and arenas too. I have a lot of problems when the enemy couples are two DPS melees.
I try to use the pillars and run around but it’s effective for a few moments. When the DPS catch me, I use transcendence and twist but after few moments more. They hit me, interrupt, stun, and I only can use (life cocoon) and when disappear effect finally I die.

How can I survival this boost atacks?

Thanks for advice

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2019
  • 3v3: 2549
  • RBG: 1906

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

Depending on the comp you play, if youre have trouble survining against two melees get your partners to peel them of for you during their cds for example.

#3 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:12 PM

It sounds like you're doing 2s. You shouldn't have too much trouble vs. double DPS, except on Ruins of Lordaeron. If it's double melee and you can't run around the pillar enough, draw them into the middle of the map, then port behind a pillar, which can buy you a lot of time. Make sure you're abusing Transcendence. Defensively, use Thunder Focus Tea (glyphed) to heal up, and don't forget about Fort Brew. Know when one of the other talents might be better than Healing Elixirs. Also, make sure you're enchanting Versatility (except weapon), and get all the Revered pieces you can with Versatility.

#4 rubik66a

rubik66a
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

Hi, thanks for advices,

I try to do everything you're telling me. But if the other couple are, for example a rogue with whatever, or druid with whatever (also dks) I can't anticipate and they stun, relentize me all the time. If I use transference, they'll catch me again and I can't get away. Again, stuns, relentize... and only can consume my protec/heal spells and when their effects are finished, and I finally die.

What can I do?

How I can avoid and survive against rogues?

Thanks for advices!

#5 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

I find that Leg Sweep can help a lot with rogues. And save your Fort Brew for their burst. It also helps that you can Cocoon through stuns (use that glyph).

DKs should be fairly easy most of the time. Use Glyph of Freedom Roll to help with their slows, and you should be able to kite them pretty well. I've had some really fun games kiting DKs all over the place. You may just need more practice to get creative with teleporting.

#6 rubik66a

rubik66a
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Laughing Skull
  • Raserei / Frenzy

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

Thanks a lot. Yes I can read more and more but the key is practice a lot.

Thanks you again

#7 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

i am having a fairly OK time of surviving at my rating with a pretty terrible comp (feral/rogue/mw). very rarely the feral will toss out a cyclone to reduce pressure but for now i'm OK to kite 2 dps indefinitely. the bigger problem is that although i can survive, healing in short bursts like that tends to RUIN my mana, so it's imperative that my teammates get the other healer down while i'm occupied.

FWIW i can give you a few suggestions that have made things easier for me. make sure to adjust your talents/glyphs as necessary before the fight. ex: i use torpedo by default, but it doesn't bring much vs double ranged except extra damage/faster travel to LoS. in those cases i tend to instead bring xuen, which provides extra pressure and healing even in serpent. similarly vs. a really burst-heavy comp i might take dampen harm or chi ex. i LOVE diffuse magic vs. double caster. you can nullify huge chunks of their opener if they're not paying attention.

i don't swap out glyphs as much because the ones i use seem so strong, but off the top of my head, incap & transcendence are 2 that i might consider depending on the matchup. most of the time though i use thunder focus, cocoon and freedom roll. they are amazing. if you aren't using them, try it, because they specifically help with the problems you're having. LC in particular probably saves me or a teammate at least once per game.

the other big thing i'd suggest is w/r/t properly managing your resources. for your CDs, try not to pop everything right away or all at once. @ the start of a match i like to use expel harm, then renewing, as i walk to a pillar. i drop port behind it, then keep casting cheap stuff. the goal being to proc trinket/enchant, which you can use to snapshot a stronger renewing. the other goal is to build chi, because you want enough to cast enveloping when they open up on your team. if you don't start building chi right away you'll have to either waste a brew, or spam renewing/surging, neither of which are mana or cooldown efficient. in general, just as in pve, try to use expel harm as often as possible.

anyway let's assume that they open on me, still behind the pillar, with the intention of training me down. i wait out the first stun/sap/whatever, if possible. then i torpedo towards mid while using expel harm & the enveloping i saved up for. my first line of defense is expel harm + chi brew for enveloping. i haven't seen you or anyone else mention it so MAKE SURE YOU STUTTER STEP. it's actually really hard to interrupt a MW if you only channel for a split second at a time, esp. if they stack haste. so i move forward, soothe, then immediately use surging/enveloping & break channel. chi brew comes in when i'm getting hit a little harder; it gives a quick 15% heal and chi for another enveloping. once you've made it to mid, port back behind pillar to heal up, or try running one way but then rolling backwards. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO DROP YOUR PORT AGAIN. port is so fucking good. when i got comfortable with using it more often my survivability went way up.

if you're taking more dmg than you can heal through via stuttering/running, work in thunder focus+ your CCs. TFT is so important, you can't forget to use it. if you or a teammate is getting seriously mega-bursted, you have 2 options, which are basically either to bubble or to commit to hardcasting (the statue heals for a lot if you keep the channel going). normally the latter isn't really an option ever unless you're LoSed or out of interrupt range, but TFT gives you the freedom to do so via its quasi-immunity effect. it also provides a nice burst of healing via the empowered surging but IMO that's just a small bonus. just remember that you're only immune to silences and kicks so you can still be stunned or CCed in other ways.

if i've exhausted all of the other options, i break out bubble, fort brew, and (if i've taken it) dampen harm/diffuse magic. the exception would be if i think i can freely reflect a magic team's opener, in which case i will use diffuse right at the start. remember that with the glyph you can bubble while stunned, whether on yourself or a teammate. i'm personally more liberal with bubble than fort b/c bubble is on such a stupid low CD. it's often halfway back off cooldown before it expires. it also can be bursted through, so be willing to cast it at higher HP thresholds than you might with something like a pally bubble. you want to give yourself time to heal back up in case it gets burned through unexpectedly fast.

can't think of much else. if you only focus on a few things i'd say the really important ones are learning how/when to stutter step vs. letting the channel ride; remembering to put port back down as often as possible; and making good use of ALL your defensive CDs (but not all at the same time). i'm still way new but i hope that this stuff is general enough that it applies. GL

#8 dekonig

dekonig
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2212
  • RBG: 958

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

Use your 3 charges of renewing mist, chi brew and expel harm to get yourself 3 chi without casting. Use mana tea to activate your healing elixirs. When you use transcendence immediately start channelling soothing mist and enveloping mist. You should get 3-4s of channelling each time at least. When facing double melee dps focus on surviving 20s, then using transcendence to get distance and heal.

Vs rogue, leg sweep para when they hit deep insight. Fort brew for adrenaline rush. Cocoon for kidney>killing spree. Kiting is less important because they will get to you within 2s of your port, so focus your kiting on bringing him away from his healer instead.

Surviving after 6.1 is much harder than before - many classes can randomly kill you in 3 seconds. Before 6.1 MW could kite most melee for eternity and never die.

#9 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:31 AM

How do you guys fair with surviving BM hunters? Playing 3s with a MW at the moment (as turbo) and hes getting destroyed by thug cleave / ret BM that go on him.

#10 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:13 AM

with BM i just try to LoS, sometimes sapping their pet off me. it's important to interrupt the barrage as it constitutes a major portion of their damage. if it's a BM alone focusing me i tend to just LoS when it's convenient and heal through the damage for the periods between BW/crows. then once they pop everything i will interrupt the barrage, stun the pet and hide like a baby.

combined with a ret obviously there is a lot of burst going out; i just try to port as often as possible for breathing room to heal, plus the usual CDs: TFT, defensive brew, etc. one trick he could try that maybe he hasn't been doing is to take zen sphere vs. hunter comps. if they're smart enough to purge your enveloping when they're going in for the kill, and they succeed, you are basically completely fucked. so the sphere provides a small measure of protection against that.

#11 dekonig

dekonig
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1988
  • 3v3: 2212
  • RBG: 958

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:04 PM

How do you guys fair with surviving BM hunters? Playing 3s with a MW at the moment (as turbo) and hes getting destroyed by thug cleave / ret BM that go on him.

Save cocoon for BW+crows. Warrior can storm bolt the barrage cast. BM damage is compressed into 10s every 1 min, so monk should try his best not to cocoon until the BM uses his BW+crows. If he eats two BW kill commands and crows without cocoon he will probably die.

You and your sham have to peel the opposing rogue/ret, which means intimidating shout/hex/stuns, during red buff or wings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<