Zaneqt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 832

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

I've been trying to set up my spriest macros for 3s, I'm kinda confused as some people use arena 1,2,3 macros, focus macros, or both. When should I use what macros? I don't think it's such a good idea to Use arena 1,2,3,focus macros for just a silence spell, is it?

#2 TheRealLeo

TheRealLeo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1740
  • 3v3: 2117
  • RBG: 1610
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska

Posted 13 March 2015 - 08:30 PM

I personally use focus macros. In my limited time of using arena 1/2/3 macros I've found that it's easier to miss a kick, whereas with an active focus you almost have to try to ignore the cast bar.

I don't know of anyone who uses both 1/2/3 and focus, I'd guess it would get too messy. Most stick with one or the other.

#3 Adoeak

Adoeak
  • Premium
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1398
  • 3v3: 1682
  • RBG: 1824

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

The 1,2,3 arena macro help you to be more reactive for target/focus an ennemy, i use different macro with that example:
/cast [target=arena1] Cyclone

#4 Beatme

Beatme
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/2/0/1
  • 3v3: 1656
  • 5v5: 288

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

/focus [nomod, @arena1]
/focus [nomod, @arena2]
/focus [nomod, @arena3]

#5 Zaneqt

Zaneqt
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 832

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

I personally use focus macros. In my limited time of using arena 1/2/3 macros I've found that it's easier to miss a kick, whereas with an active focus you almost have to try to ignore the cast bar.

I don't know of anyone who uses both 1/2/3 and focus, I'd guess it would get too messy. Most stick with one or the other.

Do you often switch between focus targets?

#6 Jinada

Jinada
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Ясеневый лес
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2295
  • 3v3: 1869
  • RBG: 1735

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:40 AM

#showtooltip Polymorph
/cast [nomod,target=arena1] Polymorph
/cast [mod:alt,target=arena2] Polymorph
/cast [mod:ctrl,target=arena3] Polymorph
What need change to if im out of arena it will be just target poly?

#7 WotLKHero

WotLKHero
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

In theory, the best way would be using arena123 AS WELL AS focus macros at the same time. That's because a) arena123 macros are the most efficient (read: fastest) way of targeting in arenas, and B) there are some units (guardians e.g.) that can't be targeted via such commands (hence the focus macros).

Practically though, this is close to impossible for most players, based on the class they're playing, how many (practical) keybinds they have available, size and form of their hands compared to their mouses/keyboards, the bracket they're playing etc.

Tbh, I doubt there is a default solution for that, play around, try different things, and see what works for you. I'll post a list of all targeting macros I can think of off the top of my head right now:

Spoiler

Etc., you get the idea... Targetception...

About your question regarding macros to target both inside and outside of the arena: I personally use the addon "Action Bar Saver" and have different bar sets for arena (with arena123 macros) and everything else (with focus macros); but you can also use macros like this:

/cast [target=arena1, exists] Polymorph; Polymorph;

This will cast Polymorph at the according arena target if there is one, and on your target if there isn't. This kind of macros can also be varied with all the shit that I've posted in the spoiler, for example:

/cast [target=arena1, exists] Polymorph; [target=focus] Polymorph;

In which case it would cast Poly at the according arena target if there is one, and on your focus target if there isn't, etc.pp.

Last addition: Since those macros can get kinda messy if you wanna take it to the max, a lot of commands can also be shortened, like

/tar

or simply

@

instead of

/target

This has the same effect but saves letters/lines.

Hope this was helpful and I was able to answer most of your questions. If not, let me know ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<