#ww

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

Good Day ArenAJunkies,

How is everyone doing today? I would like to start the discussion of Windwalker Monks!

Where are we right now? (Good - Bad?)

What comps are viable? So far I have seen WW/DK/X and WW/Lock/Rsham
has anyone been having any luck with other comps?

Talents? We all know the cookie cutter spec ~same as everyone
http://www.wowhead.c.../talent#zny2E (Left few talents open between those to pick)

Has anyone try'ed using a 2H weap + http://www.wowhead.c....=115396<br />Energy Regen /2h Haste boost, Possible not being energy starved?

4pc PvP Set: (4) Set (Windwalker): Each stack of Tigereye Brew consumed grants you 2.0% damage reduction for 20 sec.

Is the 4pc worth it?

What does Vers. Enchants bring to the table? i know its inc dmg/red dmg so overall pretty solid stat any other reason?

Thanks AJ,
I might have few more questions to throw out!

#2 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:43 PM

Hello :)

Where are we right now? (Good - Bad?)

In a better state than 6.0 mostly because of the karma change, It's definitely playable but we still lack passive damage mitigation.

What comps are viable? So far I have seen WW/DK/X and WW/Lock/Rsham
has anyone been having any luck with other comps?

Punchcleave and wwls are the best comps.

Voltariux plays punchcleave (ww/fdk/hpally)

Nauree plays wwLS.

sp/ww/hpally is viable, saw lightning playing it a few days ago but most of the sp players will prefer the easy godcomp way instead of tryharding with a ww monk.

Not a huge fan of Kfchi because every other melee will perform better than ww monk in this comp.

For beginners monks I suggest playing punchcleave, It's the easiest comp to pick. General strat is to build stacks on the dps then catch the enemy healer offguard with a strangulate > rsk > chi burst > restun with FoF. If you failed to kill the enemy healer play defensive, go back to the dps to prevent CCs/rebuild stacks then retry to kill the enemy healer when stun DR fall off. Avoid trying to kill hpallies, they are too annoying with their bubbles, definitely the hardest healer to kill for punchcleave.

Has anyone try'ed using a 2H weap + http://www.wowhead.c....=115396<br />Energy Regen /2h Haste boost, Possible not being energy starved?

You need chi brew because you want to be able to burst right at the start of the arena.

Talents? We all know the cookie cutter spec ~same as everyone
http://www.wowhead.c.../talent#zny2E (Left few talents open between those to pick)

This is the cookie cutter spec for 6.1 :

http://www.wowhead.c...lent#zny93M-oip

chi torpedo/chi burst damage is pretty real in 6.1. If you are gnome you should play with celerity for 3x torpedo, for non-gnomes I still think the rootbreaking effect from tiger's lust is needed.

About the lvl 100 talents, It's a matter of personal preference :

- Hurricane strikes can be devastating but for full damage you need your target to be isolated which is kinda annoying especially against targets with good kiting abilities like mages or hunters but gangbanging low mobility targets like a sp behind a pillar is very doable :)

- ChiEx is my favorite talent, It helps you build stacks faster, you should use it at 3+ chi but do not hesitate to use it even with 1 chi during high pressure if your opponent is low health. When using this talent be careful about not letting your rsk debuff fall off.

- Not a huge fan of serenity, cd is too long and you can be CC'ed during it, you'll get more stacks with ChiEx. Serenity is only good for tank spec.

Is the 4pc worth it?

Yes.

What does Vers. Enchants bring to the table? i know its inc dmg/red dmg so overall pretty solid stat any other reason?

Monk mastery is sh!tty, one of the worst in the game for pvp, this is why you use vers enchants. Dps classes with good masteries like rogue/demo lock are using mastery enchants.

Also even if multistrike provides more damage than vers, it's better to use vers enchants because it also provides a little bit of passive damage mitigation and you desperately need more passive damage mitigation.

Hope this helps,
Regards.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#3 TheRealLeo

TheRealLeo
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1740
  • 3v3: 2117
  • RBG: 1610
  • LocationAnchorage, Alaska

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:51 AM

Is punchcleave truly viable? I don't know if it would have enough CC to land a kill before the other 2 dps peeled you into oblivion.

ww/hunter seems like junglecleave with less reliable burst and worse offhealing.

#4 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:13 AM

Is punchcleave truly viable? I don't know if it would have enough CC to land a kill before the other 2 dps peeled you into oblivion.

Yes It's viable, voltariux is sitting at 3k ratings with this comp :

http://eu.battle.net...oltariux/simple

Voltariux can't stream because his internet is too bad but you can watch volkovitch stream to get the Dk PoV :

http://www.twitch.tv/volkovitch

ww/hunter seems like junglecleave with less reliable burst and worse offhealing.

Yeah as I already told in my previous post Kfchi is very meh :)

Hope this helps,
Regards.

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#5 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

Best 2s partner for a WW monk? Holy pala?

#6 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

Not a huge fan of Kfchi because every other melee will perform better than ww monk in this comp.

Isn't anything with a hunter automatically good right now

#7 Edenx

Edenx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 1559
  • RBG: 192

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:27 AM

This is the cookie cutter spec for 6.1 :

http://www.wowhead.c...lent#zny93M-oip

chi torpedo/chi burst damage is pretty real in 6.1. If you are gnome you should play with celerity for 3x torpedo, for non-gnomes I still think the rootbreaking effect from tiger's lust is needed.

About the lvl 100 talents, It's a matter of personal preference :

- Hurricane strikes can be devastating but for full damage you need your target to be isolated which is kinda annoying especially against targets with good kiting abilities like mages or hunters but gangbanging low mobility targets like a sp behind a pillar is very doable :)

- ChiEx is my favorite talent, It helps you build stacks faster, you should use it at 3+ chi but do not hesitate to use it even with 1 chi during high pressure if your opponent is low health. When using this talent be careful about not letting your rsk debuff fall off.

A quick question about ChiEx. When using it do you need to gear more toward haste due to how ChiEx works? I currently gear for Vers>Crit=MS>Haste>Mastery. I really loved the idea of ChiEx but with the way it eats your energy because of how it consumes practically all of your chi, I decided to go with HS. Also, with ChiEx due you need to be using SEF with it because I absolutely hate that damn ability.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #ww

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<