• Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1278
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

Hey, I didn't find any similiar topic so I'm just gonna try here;

I'm thinking about levelling my mage now that 6.1 is live, but im a little worried about Fires position in pvp right now. I loved it in both Cata and Mop, but now it doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be. (Or fun for that matter)
So my question is really if it's worth to go through the horrible levelling process and play fire if my main focuses are RBGs and 2s? (Frost is awful, so not gonna play that, heh.)

#2 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

big up for rick walking dead pic

also ive not seen any fire mages high rating? 2s - works with a priest i suppose?

#3 Mawky

Mawky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2145
  • 3v3: 2529
  • RBG: 1675

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:19 PM

check out hansol (youtube + twitch), hes a firemage since the beginning of time and plays on some decent rating and has very entertaining content to offer :).
fire can be fun, and can work in arena up to some, lets say "ok", rating but for sure is waaaaaay worse than frost.

one of the main problems is, that when you go for cc with dragonsbreath it drs with clone/fear, so you actually prohibit playing with the only 2 healers which fit well with mages.
With 6.1 may Holypaladin godcomb could be more viable because he can hoj while you db the 2 other dds and you still get the cc off.

in 2s some kind of shockadin would be also a valid partner since they deal massive damag now iirc.

Edited by Mawky, 02 March 2015 - 08:21 PM.

#4 Aveil

Aveil
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1278
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

check out hansol (youtube + twitch), hes a firemage since the beginning of time and plays on some decent rating and has very entertaining content to offer :).
fire can be fun, and can work in arena up to some, lets say "ok", rating but for sure is waaaaaay worse than frost.

one of the main problems is, that when you go for cc with dragonsbreath it drs with clone/fear, so you actually prohibit playing with the only 2 healers which fit well with mages.
With 6.1 may Holypaladin godcomb could be more viable because he can hoj while you db the 2 other dds and you still get the cc off.

in 2s some kind of shockadin would be also a valid partner since they deal massive damag now iirc.

Thanks for the answers!

So if CC is pretty shitty compared to Frost, hows the damage? Read that Scorch hits like a wet noodle, same with fireball. :/
the drs shouldn't be that problematic in rbgs though, so my real problem is the damage

#5 Mawky

Mawky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2145
  • 3v3: 2529
  • RBG: 1675

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

First of all: the cc isnt close to be shitty, its just some kind of frustrating sometimes if you want toplay with clone/fear
im not completely sure about the dmg but afaik you can pull off some nice meteor+stuff combos and deal high
damage.
Scorch hits like a wet noodle, ye thats right but many other spells from other classes do as well, its just some kind of filler. You get speed and you get upto 3 stacks from the fb buff so that you get an almost guaranteed crit into fireblast into Pyro, this is where your constant dmg comes from (and burst is stacking up 1,5 pyro procs with trinket + meteor + combustion i think)

you should really check out hansols youtube, he has guides, arena vods, duels, bg-videos etc. i think there youll see more than i could ever describe :D (with 6.1 nothing much changed with fire i think, so even 6.0.3 content is completely relevant, not like frost :D)

https://www.youtube.com/user/azncoolz

conclusion: if you like what hansol does, give fire a try. it is a fun spec with mobility, dmg and cc. You have some decent 1v1 potential and at least some valid combs in 2s/3s. But on the same time keep in mind: there will be situations where you notice that frost is better and where you are limited because your are "only" a fire mage.

Btw: Not like in previous expansions you dont suffer from to low crit rates in s1 gear, because you have high base crit chance with molten armor and the setbonuses fit fire really well. So you aint that "luck based" although you dont have shatter/deep anymore :)

Edited by Mawky, 02 March 2015 - 09:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<