• Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

Fury PvP Guide (6.2) *updated
Posted Image

This guide is mainly aimed for beginners, I will try to keep this updated to grant the Fury spec a broader audience. Until this point the Guide was created by myself with a bit of help from Ezyo. (thanks for that!) This is an ongoing work and I greatly appreciate any constructive feedback.

.This Guide is divided as follows:
  • Why play fury?
  • What has changed?
  • Single Minded Fury or Titans Grip?
  • Talents
  • Glyphs
  • Stat Priority
  • Enchants
  • Skill Rotation
  • Useful Macros
First things first: Why play Fury anyway?

In my opinion fury was playable since the prepatch for WoD. The only thing that made it a bit hard for us with the start of season 1 was the lack of crit, and thus the lack of Enrage procs that we got.As I'm playing since vanilla, Fury for me has always been the berserking fast attacking warrior spec. Blizz actually made that feeling come back with this Addon. Though TG is a bit slower compared to SMF, it still feels faster than arms and results in a spec that is not only fun but also diverse to play.

What has changed?
WoD not only has brought back fury as a viable spec for PvP but also wielding 2 x 1handers as a viable option thanks to the buffed Crazed Berserker Talent: http://www.wowhead.c...razed-berserker

Hotfixes in 6.0.3
We had some huge changes in 6.0.3

9th December 2014:
- Bloodthirst's damage has increased by 20%, and has an additional 40% chance to be a critical strike (up from 30%).
- Execute's (Fury) damage has increased by 10%.
- Raging Blow's damage has increased by 33%.
- Wild Strike's damage has increased by 32%.

5th November 2014:

- Sudden Death is now 2.5 RPPM (real procs per minute increased by Haste) instead of a 10% chance to activate from autoattacks.

This caused first of all to make SMF not anymore the only viable fury spec but instead giving Titans Grip the overall same chances to proc SD and thus shrinking the benefits of wielding faster weapons massively. Second thing: The recent Hotfix of 9th december made us hit again like a Truck. Welcome back Fury.

Patch 6.1

- Avatar now lasts 20 seconds with a 1.5-minute cooldown (up from lasting 24 seconds with a 3-minute cooldown).
- Second Wind now increases Leech by 25% (up from 10%).
- Siegebreaker (Arms, Fury) damage and knockback distance has increased by 50%.
- Execute damage decreased by 11,4%
- Shield Barrier now absorbs 24,4% more damage.

These changes make us a bit tankier. The improved shield barrier is especially nice for TG because of the better scaling. On top Second Wind comes back into the ring, though it needs to be evaluated if it really bumps out Enraged Regen.Execute nerf comes in and does affect Sudden Death, making Furious Strikes more viable then it was before.Last, we got Avatar back with a drastically lowered cooldown making it viable again. Next to Bloodbath for Damage only and Bladestorm which is mostly picked as CC-Breaker, we got a nice mixture now, bumping up both our damage and helping us out of roots at activation.

Patch 6.2

Nothing changed. Stat Priority differs now to the higher baseline crit overall.

Titans Grip or Single Minded Fury

To clear out any misunderstandings here, i took a little bit of time and read the PvE Guide for Furys as of its current state.http://www.icy-veins...downs-abilitiesThis is a very solid PvE Guide for those of you, who are interested.To keep it as short as possible: Both variatons have their pros and cons.Pros of playing as Titans Grip Fury:- Higher Bladestorm Damage- Really tough AoE Damage- Profits from higher Stats due to the 2x 2handed WeaponsPros of playing as Single Minded Fury:- Slightly higher single target Damage and thus profits more from Avatar/Bloodbath- Higher chance to proc 2 Sudden Deaths in a short amount of time.- Profits from Crazed Berserker Passive http://www.wowhead.c...razed-berserker

Talents

Posted Image
Lvl 15 Tier:

All 3 options are viable here. Which one you pick depends on personal preference. Due to our 2 Pieces PvP Set Bonus, we have a 100%ly safe Enrage Buff after each BT that follows a charge.Therefore I go for Juggernaut mostly to have a higher Enrage Buff Uptime and a higher Rage Generation. Double Time could also be quite helpful in terms of Uptime on our enemies after cc chains, and of course its 2 safe Enrage Procs right after another. Even though with the +10% more crit on BT with the recent hotfix from 12/9/2014 and another 5% crit through buffs if you run comps with Mages/Ferals/Monks or Hunters, its pretty unlikely to desperately need this second charge. But try out what works the best for you.Warbringer is another option i mostly find myself using when playing with melee setups. Using the charge as cc or heal interrupt can still turn the tables of any game.

Posted Image
Lvl 30 Tier:

As commonly known, the currently mostly picked option in this tier is Enraged Regeneration as it provides the most healing and scales pretty good with a Commanding Shout and a Rallying Cry beforehand.Edit* Second Wind didn't make the cut. Picture soon going to be edited.

Posted Image

Lvl 45 Tier:

In this Tier you have two viable options. Sudden Death but also Furious Strikes are viable. Furious Strikes granting a more controllable damage output version of the spec for those who arent well-disposed by the RNG Gods.With the 10% Damage Boost through the earlier Hotfixes and the added 20% more Damage from Draenor Perks, the Fury Spec makes Execute SD Procs hit harder as the SD procs of Arms or Prot (remember to count those Offhand Executes in, dear Arms Players). Proc chances are ~2,5 - 3,0 real procs per minute (scaling with haste). And critted back to back procs still tend to cause major issues on the enemy team.

Furious Strikes is pretty simple. Dumping the Rage cost of Wild Strikes from 45 to 20 which makes us approximately put out 55,56% more WS then before (correct me if i'm wrong here). That along with Avatar enables us to cause some huge pressure if you're able to stay on your target for a longer time. (Though it lost viability due to the higher baseline haste that adds for a few more SD procs overall).

Posted Image

Lvl 60 Tier:Stormbolt or Shockwave both viable depending on what comp you're running and what you're up against. Shockwave of course mostly used. Dragon Roar does not make the cut.

Posted Image

Lvl 75 Tier:

Actually every option on this tier is viable. MSR if your partners do not have much to counter enemy CC, Safeguard for a really short CD possibility to aid your teammates if they're getting trained or Vigilance for a higher cooldown longer lasting defensive Cooldown if you find your Healer perhaps having problems with hard switches of certain comps. Even though Vigilance remains the least used talent in this tier.

Posted Image

Lvl 90 Tier:

Avatar is actually pretty nice for some huge SD Crits and gives us the opportunity to get out of roots when it is needed. Even though I found Bloodbath, especially with Anger Management to build up a bit more pressure as SMF. Even though we as warriors are sometimes still bound to use Bladestorm anyway to get out of roots when it counts. And as Avatar is getting a huge buff with 6.1 I tend to say that all 3 Talents are going to become viable picks with the upcoming patch.

Posted Image

Lvl 100 Tier:

As Ravager is pretty much BS and a wasted Talent Point imho, i found Intimidating Shout to also be more helpful in almost every situation over Siegebreaker. In some comps it might be helpful if you got a lot of Fear DR on your Team to quick-interrupt enemy Healers or even pushing them out of Line-of-Sight. You can also use it defensively and get enemy players off of your teammates if needed. But mainly I go for Anger Management which is the superior choice for now in this tier for decreased CD's on almost every single important Skill we got.

Glyphs

For Glyphs we got a pretty interesting addition of viable options next to Arms and Prot. I'll just showcase my personal preference and add other viable options here.

Major Glyphs:
- Enraged Speed
- Heroic Leap
- Flawless Defense
- Rude Interruptions
(- Death from Above)
(- Die by the Sword)
(- Blitz)
(- Shattering Throw)
(-Unending Rage)

Minor Glyphs:
- Do as you wish!

Though I think Burning Anger looks rad.

A glyph that im constantly using, to have less trouble catching up with my target, is the Enraged Speed Glyph, which is actually insanely good imho. Giving you a flat 20% Movement Speed increase, everytime you enrage, which is pretty often in our case.

Heroic Leap is also really good to stay fast and agile in Arenas, and thus i take it over Death from Above, as I personally dont like the shortened Jumping Span.

Flawless Defense making enemy players crit you a lot less (25% to be exact) for the time you got Die by the sword up, which makes all the incoming damage hurt a lot less and gives us more sustain in Arenas. This is more or less necessary, depending on how good the enemy team is ccing your Healer. Take this if you find yourself getting trained too hard, and way too often.

Die by the Sword Glyph is really nice if you're up against enemy melee cleaves and find yourself having a good uptime on the target. Can pretty much destroy enemy killing attempts if theyre not stunning you through it.

Blitz of course for a bit peel if your healer is getting trained. Triple Roots (or Stun) is always annoying!

Rude Interruptions is an imo underestimated damage buff. On every successful Pummel, you get a flat 6% damage Buff for 20 seconds. Perfect to line it up with your other damage cooldowns. Just focus kick their healer and do a hard switch. 6% more Damage can do the cut.

Glyph of Shattering Throw if youre up against Mage / Paladin Teams and find yourself having no one else on your team able to clean that annoying bubble off.

And last but not least: Unending Rage. Especially useful in combination with FS Talent to be able to drop 5 WS in a really short frame of time, providing a really nice controlled burst.

Stat Priority
Now on to one of the most important parts about this spec: Our Mastery.

Our Mastery grants us a flat damage increase to literally every Damage we deal as long as we are enraged. So its always our top priority to keep our crit up to a level that enables us to have as much Enrage uptime as possible.

But here comes the dilemma. We also want a shitload of Mastery since it is the stat that scales the best for us.
With an earlier hotfix our Bloodthirst got bummed to a 40% increased chance to crit and another 50% crit on BT comes from the 2 Pieces Set Bonus.

Even though sometimes you find yourself training enemies without having the option to waste a charge on a crit buff. So we have to have enough crit to make sure that we have a decent Enrage Buff uptime, even without our Charge Enrage Crits.

Thanks to the higher baseline crit in 6.2 we are now able to reach about 30% crit (depending on what comp we're playing) and focus on Mastery-stacking, which for fury, is our most beneficial stat right now.From testing in pre-addon conditions i had about 34% crit which was more then enough, enabling me to go for full mastery and get the most damage out of my gear. Any testing with more crit at that time resulted in a dps loss.

Our whole Stat Priority is as follows:30% Crit > Mastery > Haste > Versatility > Multistrike

Haste affects BT cooldown and our RPPM on SD Procs, which makes it an overall really strong stat, even though compared to mastery it is minor.

That way, we go for around 30% crit (you can always sacrifice crit for more mastery if you feel like you have a good Enrage-Buff uptime anyway), then stack as much mastery as possible and gather mainly haste and then Versa offpieces if we are not able to go for Mastery or Crit on a specific itemslot.

Again: Mastery for flat damage increase and Haste for slightly more SD procs and shorter BT cooldowns.

Hint: PvE Players go for 11% haste because it makes them fit a second BT into one Enrage Buff. Resulting in a higher chance to uphold enrage buff if a BT fails.

NOTE: Some players tend to sacrifice their 4pc or even 2pc pvp-set Bonus in Order to get full 730ilvl asap. I do not recommend doing that! If you never find yourself being rage starved (which is unlikely to happen as WS is rage consuming as hell) you can try leaving out the 4pc Bonus but NEVER EVER (i repeat) NEVER sacrifice your 2pc Bonus, as it is a guaranteed enrage Proc on your first BT after charge.

Enchants

Enchants are following our stat priority, and as we got enough baseline crit on our pvp gear anyway, we go for full mastery on all our Enchants.For Weapon Enchants, i suggest to go for Mastery aswell.Going for Mastery on both weapons is huge, as it is able to proc together and results in a flat +6,5% Damage Bonus per Weapon, resulting in a 13% overall damage boost, if both enchants proc at the same time, which happens pretty often. So this will aswell boosts your Burst-Potential alot.

Skill "Rotation"Im not a huge fan of fixed Skill Rotations, because in PvP they can always be interrupted by the enemy players. And you cant just start again with your rotation where you left of.

As i've mentioned before, keeping up the enrage buff is our top priority, thus resulting in the following PvP Skill Priority List:

With SD Talent:Bloodthirst > SD Procs > Execute > BS Procs > Raging Blow > Wild Strike to dump rage.

With Furious Strikes Talent:Bloodthirst > Execute > BS Procs > Wild Strike > Raging Blow(take into consideration to use the Raging Blows in between to avoid rage gaps while just dumping all your rage with WS.)

Also you dont always have to prioritise your Bloodthirst over everything else, if you're for example capped with rage and have shit tons of procs and charges for SD / BS and RB's and all your weapon enchants and trinkets running, while having your Berserker Rage at free disposal, you can just pump out all that damage, try to refresh enrage with Bloodthirst right when Enrage expires, and if it failes, just use your BR. Or just time your next BT with a charge to go safe.

Useful Macros

I will give you just a few things that im currently playing with, not claiming that it is the best way, nor saying that you have to have these macros. Its perhaps just a help for you guys out there who are fairly new to macros.

As a Warrior in Arenas, you should always have one thing bound on your most important CC's and Cooldowns in the first line of the macro:

/cancelaura Bladestorm
(will make you interrupt your bladestorm while it runs)

In a few less macros, for example Charge or other CCs like Pummel and Storm Bolt, you should also add:

/cancelaura Hand of Protection
(will make you cancel your Melee Bubble to be able to CC)

To give you an example this is my charge macro:

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [@mouseover, harm, exists] Charge ; Charge

If i have to charge, while being in Melee Bubble or Bladestorming, this will make me cancel those Buffs, and Charge to my current target. Also it enables me to interrupt charge without deselecting my current target by mouse over. Im using mouse over pretty often instead of Focus or Arena 123.

Just personal preference here.To give you another example for mouseover this is my Fear Shout macro:

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast [@mouseover, harm, exists] Intimidating Shout ; Intimidating Shout

It basically just fears the target that my mouse is hovering over, while getting me out of Bladestorm and HoP. In addition, if i want to fear my current target, and my left mouse button remains pressed, it just fears my currently selected target.

Another useful macro is the One Keybind Stance-Dance Macro, which lets you exactly do what it sounds like. + With the help of Irub, was a bit extended to help Warriors who are currently popping Reck / SS or CS switch back to Defensive Stance immediately, avoiding the GCD by casting Taunt at your current target:

#show [stance:2 ;1] Battle Stance; Defensive Stance
/cast [stance:1] Defensive Stance
/cast [stance:1][@target, exists] Taunt
/cast [Stance:2] Battle Stance

And last but not least, the casual swifty all in one macro:

#showtooltip Recklessness
/cast Avatar
/cast Bloodbath
/cast Recklessness
/cast Blood Fury
/use Draenic Strength Potion

Just popping all your offensive cooldowns + Racial (Orc) and for extra Lolz in Open PvP, I added the Draenic Strength Potion granting you 1000 Str. Its a bit costly but, give it a shot, its really satisfying to finish off the last 50% life of someone in one big blow.

That was my Fury PvP Guide, I hope you found it helpful, and I hope it encourages many Warrior Players to give it a shot.

Lets bring Fury back to the table.

EDIT (25/02/15): Reworked the text, to grant a better overview. Put in extra Info of the first day of playing 6.1 live. And fixed a few minor mistakes.
EDIT (28/07/15): Edited a few outdate things due to 6.2 and reworked the stat priority due to the new gear and the higher baseline crit.
EDIT (24/08/15): Format crashed for no apparent reason. Reassorted the passages. Hope everythings still a good read.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#2 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

/reserved for future additions
Killin' shit since 2004.

#3 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

Preemptive comment, going to read the guide, but first I'm dropping a good job (for this guide and the previous think tank thread you contributed in) and a sticky request.

#4 Brothorakk

Brothorakk
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Warsong
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1627
  • RBG: 1708

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:21 PM

Having a hard time deciding between FS [+ Unending Rage + Enraged Speed ] vs SD [+ Bull Rush + Enraged Speed ]

Part of me really likes the SD procs, but the sustained damage of FS is nice too.

Thoughts?

#5 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

I'd choose depending on what comp you're facing mainly. When your uptime on the target will be below average, it is better to go for SD since you got the possibility to use a short amount of time for some really hard hits. On the other hand if youre able to peel a lot, the sustained dps from FS will cause a good amount of pressure on your enemies.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#6 Brohae

Brohae
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Scilla
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:04 AM

I have a question. When you say that 25-35% crit is recommended, is that with or without the buff that pvp gear gets when in pvp combat? For example, out of combat I have 18.9% crit but when I enter combat it becomes 26.3%. I'm concerned that I'll end up with too much crit, is that possible?

#7 Swack

Swack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/1/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1437
  • RBG: 2611

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

SD is always superior, no matter what comp you face.

#8 DNADota

DNADota
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Protection 1/2/2/1/1/0/2

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if having the 25-35% Crit is enough to run an Unquenchable Thirst build with the Bloodthirst and Enraging Blow Glyphs?

Focusing not so much on bursts, but rather survivability through Bloodthirst heals.

#9 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2167
  • 3v3: 1720
  • RBG: 1754

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:09 PM

Hello,

I was wondering if having the 25-35% Crit is enough to run an Unquenchable Thirst build with the Bloodthirst and Enraging Blow Glyphs?

Focusing not so much on bursts, but rather survivability through Bloodthirst heals.

If you need that much surv (can't think of any scenario other than the coliseum) just go prot.

#10 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:49 PM

I have a question. When you say that 25-35% crit is recommended, is that with or without the buff that pvp gear gets when in pvp combat? For example, out of combat I have 18.9% crit but when I enter combat it becomes 26.3%. I'm concerned that I'll end up with too much crit, is that possible?

Im always talking about infight stats, as those are the stats we're fighting with. The regular stats are just interesting for PvE as our gear does not scale up in PvE environments. But as this is a pvp guide, youre fine with 26,3% for the Start, or if youre heavily enchanting into mastery only, while running comps with +5% crit classes.

SD is always superior, no matter what comp you face.

I've tried FS and it appears to me as if it is a bit stronger if you have a good uptime on your target. Even though the better the gear gets, the more SD will overtake again as the haste will influence the rppm of SD more and more. You have any numbers on this with the current BiS?

Hello,

Actually that doesnt really make that much sense. Unquenchable Thirst just eliminates all rage issues, that is a plus, even though it cannot outweigh the dps loss you have by sacrificing FS or SD.

Like Drevi said: Go for Glad-Spec if you need sustain. I can only imagine an UT spec being effective in an open world or Coliseum scenario. And even there it might be more of a fun-spec rather than a competitive one.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#11 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • Talents: 武器 2/1/1/0/1/1
  • RBG: 1489
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

I'm about to get a KFC to play, and I never tried fury at all. So could you tell me what weapons you recommend most to go KFC.

#12 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

I feel like I’m posting too much, but as you guys away, I went test it by myself.
Here are the results.

I took the proc and crit stuffs off, and do it to the training dummies with enraged and battle shout buff.
With ilvl 620 2H weapons, my excute dealt 21k dmg on the dummy, my RB dealt 9k, and my WS did 7k.
With ilvl 620 1H weapons, excute did 21k, RB did 8k, and WS did 7k.

So, looks like they don't make any differences, isn't it?
Is there something out of my consideration?

#13 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2167
  • 3v3: 1720
  • RBG: 1754

Posted 23 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

Im always talking about infight stats, as those are the stats we're fighting with. The regular stats are just interesting for PvE as our gear does not scale up in PvE environments. But as this is a pvp guide, youre fine with 26,3% for the Start, or if youre heavily enchanting into mastery only, while running comps with +5% crit classes.

I've tried FS and it appears to me as if it is a bit stronger if you have a good uptime on your target. Even though the better the gear gets, the more SD will overtake again as the haste will influence the rppm of SD more and more. You have any numbers on this with the current BiS?

Actually that doesnt really make that much sense. Unquenchable Thirst just eliminates all rage issues, that is a plus, even though it cannot outweigh the dps loss you have by sacrificing FS or SD.

Like Drevi said: Go for Glad-Spec if you need sustain. I can only imagine an UT spec being effective in an open world or Coliseum scenario. And even there it might be more of a fun-spec rather than a competitive one.

I said prot, not glad stance.
The damage output is nearly the same as glad with twice the survival.

#14 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:37 AM

I feel like I’m posting too much, but as you guys away, I went test it by myself.
Here are the results.

I took the proc and crit stuffs off, and do it to the training dummies with enraged and battle shout buff.
With ilvl 620 2H weapons, my excute dealt 21k dmg on the dummy, my RB dealt 9k, and my WS did 7k.
With ilvl 620 1H weapons, excute did 21k, RB did 8k, and WS did 7k.

So, looks like they don't make any differences, isn't it?
Is there something out of my consideration?

You could just read the guide ^^ But im gonna explain it nevertheless. In KFC you can actually cleave a lot leaving enemy healer CC to your Hunter/Healer. So having a BS + TG spec up can definetly work if you have more than one viable target. Due to Back2Back Procs and a slightly higher damage scale single minded fury works better with SD and Titans Grip works a bit better for cleaving multiple targets with WW+Raging Blow. But that difference is rather minor. The most vital differences are a ) the rage generation and b ) the plain stats. As SMF you have a much smoother rage generation due to the higher attack speed. As TG you have much better plain stats which affect your overall performance. For example the higher Lifepool resulting in more health regen with ER or more defensive capabilities with Shield Barrier. Other than that you still have more crit / more ap etc.

I'd recommend to just test out what suits your personal playstyle the best.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#15 Aylien

Aylien
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • CN-荆棘谷
  • Battle Group 14
  • LocationChina 重庆

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:43 AM

Got it. Thanks, man.

#16 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

One mention. I bumped into it myself for trying out 1h fury. The sword has a lower max damage treshhold then the other 1h weapons. Someone told me right after it is best to use that in mainhand and axe in offhand.
Posted Image

#17 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:16 PM

One mention. I bumped into it myself for trying out 1h fury. The sword has a lower max damage treshhold then the other 1h weapons. Someone told me right after it is best to use that in mainhand and axe in offhand.

The sword also has a higher min damage threshold resulting in an overall more consistent damage output. The only thing i can see that the one that advised you to do it like that is, that he's aiming for more consistent dps rather then slightly higher max crits. He goes for the Axe in Offhand because of Wildstrike i assume, which scales with offhand only (you can take Mace or Fists aswell).

But then again RB's and Execute's Offhand hits scale with the offhand weapon aswell, so in the end, you'll just have a slightly more consistent damage output overall and the usual damage output (as if you were playing with 2 times 1handed axe) on Wildstrike. Other than that, or even a damage increase wouldn't make any sense as i see it. But proof me wrong, im always curious for new takes on Fury Playstyle.

Cheers.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#18 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

/push*

(*due to all the new fury Q & A threads popping up)
Killin' shit since 2004.

#19 Phibrizo

Phibrizo
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/0/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 1352

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

I'd choose depending on what comp you're facing mainly. When your uptime on the target will be below average, it is better to go for SD since you got the possibility to use a short amount of time for some really hard hits. On the other hand if youre able to peel a lot, the sustained dps from FS will cause a good amount of pressure on your enemies.

This is incredibly insightful, I never thought about it this way. Facing mages and hunters is the worst thing on the planet, and thanks for blizz for buffing them further, they are so goddamned present. But taking SD where they will be kiting me makes sense. Little uptime on a target and using the rppm as an advantage to score some nice executes makes sense.

#20 Dagingerninjer

Dagingerninjer
  • Members

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:40 AM

Good read bro. Is the difference in dps between tg and smf very noticeable? I'm going to have a play around in rbgs with one of them. Would you recommend tg or smf for sitting healers?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fury, PvP, Guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<