• Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

#showtooltip Ice Nova
/cast [harm] Ice Nova

Watching top Mages play on Twitch, and I'm obviously not comparable to them in any way, however I've noticed A LOT of Mages ( in the heat of the moment, obviously ) failing their Ice Novas during high intensity situations on high rating.

This is obviously not their fault as the ability is piss poor coded and will automatically cast on yourself the moment it can't cast on your target, however just use the above macro and you'll NEVER waste Ice Nova stacks.

( the only problem might be using it on crystal, as it's neutral ( yellow ) target instead of hostile ( red ), but in that case you can add another like with /cast [target=Temporal Crystal] Ice Nova or something )

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#2 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

Watching top Mages play on Twitch, and I'm obviously not comparable to them in any way, however I've noticed A LOT of Mages ( in the heat of the moment, obviously ) failing their Ice Novas during high intensity situations on high rating.

This is obviously not their fault as the ability is piss poor coded and will automatically cast on yourself the moment it can't cast on your target, however just use the above macro and you'll NEVER waste Ice Nova stacks.

( the only problem might be using it on crystal, as it's neutral ( yellow ) target instead of hostile ( red ), but in that case you can add another like with /cast [target=Temporal Crystal] Ice Nova or something )

Thank you for posting this! Jahdilli will definitely be needing this macro, it means a lot to me man <3

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#3 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Thank you for posting this! Jahdilli will definitely be needing this macro, it means a lot to me man <3

maybe he can give u some tips for dillbadar aswell

dillflay
loldill

#4 Kvxyo

Kvxyo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/2/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 2171
  • 3v3: 2210
  • RBG: 1742

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

Dumb question probably but I've never been awesome with macros, would [harm] still use the spell into an immunity? (block/bubble)

#5 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:07 PM

Dumb question probably but I've never been awesome with macros, would [harm] still use the spell into an immunity? (block/bubble)

yep, but you cant avoid doing that with macros anyway

neutral = hostile :)

also if you want to be more tryhard with the macro you can add [harm,nodead] so you can't accidentally ice nova dead enemies!

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 22 February 2015 - 11:22 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#6 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

maybe he can give u some tips for dillbadar aswell

dillflay
loldill

dillbadar doesnt need tips wtf u trying to say

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#7 Np-

Np-
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Brewmaster 0/./././././.

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

[harm] modifier seems to work for on use trinket as well, so you don't press ice nova on a spec guys or a hunter feint and pop on use with out actually using ice nova wasting a lot of its duration at times. (priest specs guys as you go to ice nove and he is able to sit it for 4 seconds, when he comes out you decide it is too late to swap him now as CC wont last long enough, but now your on use ticking away.

This of course is only people who choose to use ice nova and on use on a macro, personally it's worth it to remove the complication of judging when to use on use and macro it to orb/ice nova, as I typically would only ice nova people[even moreso next patch i cant stop cast with it, like a deep poly ring] for damage looking to score cds or a kill.

#8 MOOKKY

MOOKKY
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ysondre
  • Vengeance / Rache
  • Talents: Blood 1/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2401

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:11 PM

I use

#showtooltip
/cast [talent:5/1] Frost bomb; [talent:5/3 @target,exists,harm,nodead][@target] Ice Nova

I also have similar ones for fire / arcane. Can't cast on yourself, need an enemy target, alive, switchs to frost bomb/living bomb/nether tempest when doing PVE.

second [@target] is not mandatory, but if you don't use it you will have a question mark icon when not targetting sth

#9 C0rrupter

C0rrupter

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

I use

#showtooltip
/cast [talent:5/1] Frost bomb; [talent:5/3 @target,exists,harm,nodead][@target] Ice Nova

I also have similar ones for fire / arcane. Can't cast on yourself, need an enemy target, alive, switchs to frost bomb/living bomb/nether tempest when doing PVE.

second [@target] is not mandatory, but if you don't use it you will have a question mark icon when not targetting sth

Thanks,works awesomesauce !

#10 kisner

kisner

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

actually lost a number of games because my partner wasn't using this

priest @ 10% hp, mage ready to ice nova..........

jk, spectral guise, mage nova's himself

Edited by kisner, 27 February 2015 - 06:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<