Photo

Glyph of Outbreak, possibilities for Frost DKs?

Glyphs Outbreak Death Knight Frost

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

Hey guys,

As we all know, Frost DKs have no way of spending their Runic Power while out of range since they removed Death Coil with WoD. Frost Strike also hits like a wet noodle, so it's not like you want to 100% save your RP for when you get back in melee range.

With the new rune regen system, any RP spent can trigger your talents. Glyph of Outbreak is no exception. This means that you can attempt to regen your runes while you're not in the immediate range of a target, let alone the ease of use for Plague Leech when you have this glyph.

You could possibly give up the Switching Presences glyph, or Dark Sim depending on what you're facing.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Forumz, 20 February 2015 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:13 PM

Sounds like a decent idea, especially for when running breath. What glyph would you give up to get it though?

#3 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

Sounds like a decent idea, especially for when running breath. What glyph would you give up to get it though?

Edited it into the OP. I would give up Switching Presences or Dark Sim, based on what I'm facing.

On that note, Dark Simulacrum -should- also have a chance to proc your rune regen. I've never seen this happen however. A bug, perhaps?

Edited by Forumz, 20 February 2015 - 01:20 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Lyamarth

Lyamarth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 0/0/2/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2014
  • 3v3: 2400
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationSwitzerland <3

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

I think this could work pretty decent. As already mentioned the combination of plague leech and breath is worth it that way. 30 RP is not too expensive so thats fine.

The downsides are a glyph slot less. So we're giving up Presences or Sim. Now lets think about comps, where you'd play that glyph: stuff that roots you. (I don't count being slowed 24/7 here, because in 3s that never really is a problem, unlike in 2s)

So who is rooting us: Druids, Mages, Hunters (Priest and Shaman don't really count in my opinion)

Sim glyph: Against Druids and Mages i'd NEVER give up Sim glyph, against hunter teams... well depending on the comp you're facing it's possible.
Presences glyph: Well with 6.1 coming up, i'd never play without that against mages. Against druids and hunters i guess it depends on the comp ur facing and the comp ur playing.

So TL:DR: there is a spot for this glyph but it really depends on both sides (comp playing + comp facing)
I'm never gonna use it though, because I just really like to play with blood tap :P

Edited by Lyamarth, 20 February 2015 - 01:32 PM.

#5 darklift

darklift
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 288

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

Edited it into the OP. I would give up Switching Presences or Dark Sim, based on what I'm facing.

On that note, Dark Simulacrum -should- also have a chance to proc your rune regen. I've never seen this happen however. A bug, perhaps?

Works for me. Unholy though

#6 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

I don know how I feel about giving up one of the already mandatory-ish glyphs for this

#7 Jaws

Jaws
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/1/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1685
  • 3v3: 1967
  • 5v5: 1852
  • RBG: 1325

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:38 PM

In roots for so long that all my runes are up by the time I'm out of them

#8 Jinngo

Jinngo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1235
  • 3v3: 2434
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

When do you guys actually play with shifting presence? I can never seem to find a spot where i would take it over AMS Glyph / Icy Touch / Dark Sim / glyph of runic power. But maybe that is just me.

#9 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:11 PM

When do you guys actually play with shifting presence? I can never seem to find a spot where i would take it over AMS Glyph / Icy Touch / Dark Sim / glyph of runic power. But maybe that is just me.

Depends on comp, as TSG you get targetted fairly often. Most teams strats vs tsg is keep both the warrior and DK from going frost / battle stance.

#10 Stratos

Stratos

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

I just take the RP hit. If teams switch often to me I just stay blood.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glyphs, Outbreak, Death Knight, Frost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<